[1.7.10] Twisted Realms [Tech/Magic/Over 20 Dimensions/Mystcraft/Nevermine/Aether II]

4t3

Jul 29, 2019
I discovered this mod pack today and I really like the list, but when I try to start up a server for my friends, it keeps telling me there are all these missing mods. Am I downloading the wrong server files?

Thank You in Advance

Last edited:

StarV

Jul 29, 2019
I discovered this mod pack today and I really like the list, but when I try to start up a server for my friends, it keeps telling me there are all these missing mods. Am I downloading the wrong server files?

Thank You in Advance

You may be downloading the Old version server files. I left a link for the latest version, and the last version from 1.0. Make sure you are downloading the latest download, if you are not already. :)

StarV

Jul 29, 2019
Would DivineRPG fit better for Twisted Realms or AoA?

EDIT: Or both, but that may cause some stress on some computers.

Ghostplayer_XD

Jul 29, 2019
When I pressed launch the console starts to do things and eventually stops at EN(US) launguage loaded
then it doesn't do a thing anymore and the game doesn't start. I also get some red text blocks

What to do?

StarV

Jul 29, 2019
Update 3.1.0.2 is out!
World restart is only required if you are using the ATG world type.

StarV

Jul 29, 2019
Update 3.2 is out! Again, world restart, but this should be the last time for a while.

DoomSquirter

Apr 19, 2014
Home Alone
I installed 3.2.1 and can't believe how good the fps/tps is in comparison to departed which is a much smaller pack. Very impressed :)

I went with default which is highlands which I'm assuming (and sorta worried) is the reason for this. Assuming AOA doesn't let mobs spawn in highlands specific biomes? I haven't seen any but have slept each night through so far. Worried that I might have to regen world at this point but if highlands incorporates vanilla biomes as well, then that will be great if I can build a house near spawn for free chunkloading in addition to no AOA spawns to worry about as well.

Overall, I'm one of the dissenters that agrees that AOA is more fun with some tech mods in the mix. Some friends and I played departed on our server and yeah, we had fun but the storage and the mob spawning issues were so bad that none of us completely finished. I think I came closest to getting through the entire aoa tree but I ended up in a dimension where if u look at a mob, all ur stuff drops and I died from falling, and when I came back, because of no graves, a bunch of my stuff had despawned as well, including 2 of my botania relics which were irreplaceable thus I rage quit.

This, so far is pretty fun and I'm eager to play with am2 and aether, so thanks alot for making this pack.

StarV

Jul 29, 2019
I installed 3.2.1 and can't believe how good the fps/tps is in comparison to departed which is a much smaller pack. Very impressed :)

I went with default which is highlands which I'm assuming (and sorta worried) is the reason for this. Assuming AOA doesn't let mobs spawn in highlands specific biomes? I haven't seen any but have slept each night through so far. Worried that I might have to regen world at this point but if highlands incorporates vanilla biomes as well, then that will be great if I can build a house near spawn for free chunkloading in addition to no AOA spawns to worry about as well.

Overall, I'm one of the dissenters that agrees that AOA is more fun with some tech mods in the mix. Some friends and I played departed on our server and yeah, we had fun but the storage and the mob spawning issues were so bad that none of us completely finished. I think I came closest to getting through the entire aoa tree but I ended up in a dimension where if u look at a mob, all ur stuff drops and I died from falling, and when I came back, because of no graves, a bunch of my stuff had despawned as well, including 2 of my botania relics which were irreplaceable thus I rage quit.

This, so far is pretty fun and I'm eager to play with am2 and aether, so thanks alot for making this pack.

Thanks for the feedback! And I do believe that Highlands does in fact include vanilla biomes, so you can find AoA mobs from there, if that is what you are worrying about. Also I set the default to highlands because of some people if they are new to Minecraft don't know how to change world types and such, so if they click create world without looking it is already what it needs to be.

DoomSquirter

Apr 19, 2014
Home Alone
Thanks for the feedback! And I do believe that Highlands does in fact include vanilla biomes, so you can find AoA mobs from there, if that is what you are worrying about. Also I set the default to highlands because of some people if they are new to Minecraft don't know how to change world types and such, so if they click create world without looking it is already what it needs to be.

Oh yeah, after departed, this is such a breath of fresh air :) hehe So yeah, spawn (for me) was in a lowlands biome (i.e. highlands mod) and I don't have to pave my floor in half slabs or leaves which is awesome. I go out to go get them if I wish, or just deal with the extra nasties that do show up at my door. TBH, I think it's pretty awesome.

I did have to ditch the minimap tho. I had 2 ctd's that were directly related to the minimap.

java.lang.IllegalArgumentException: Number of remaining buffer elements is 786432, must be at least 786432. Because at most 786432 elements can be returned, a buffer with at least 786432 elements is required, regardless of actual returned element count
at org.lwjgl.BufferChecks.throwBufferSizeException(BufferChecks.java:162)
at org.lwjgl.BufferChecks.checkBufferSize(BufferChecks.java:189)
at org.lwjgl.BufferChecks.checkBuffer(BufferChecks.java:230)
at org.lwjgl.opengl.GL11.glTexImage2D(GL11.java:2855)
at com.minimap.minimap.Minimap.bindTextureBuffer(Minimap.java:1078)
at com.minimap.minimap.Minimap.renderFrameToFBO(Minimap.java:954)
at com.minimap.interfaces.InterfaceHandler$5.drawInterface(InterfaceHandler.java:190)
at com.minimap.interfaces.InterfaceHandler.drawInterfaces(InterfaceHandler.java:322)
at com.minimap.events.Events.drawPre(Events.java:64)

added journeymap and have had zero issues thus far.

but yeah, some would say cheaty or op using other mods alongside aoa, Me? Not one of those ppl. Thanks again

starglade

Jul 29, 2019
Hey, just wanted to say thanks for this modpack. I'm not a fan of the mods that add "10+ dimensions", so this mod pack wouldn't be a pack I'd pick out of a crowd to play personally, upon first glance.

BUT, after saying that, I have to say that my boyfriend has been getting bored with modpacks lately and we've been out of playing minecraft lately because of it. My boyfriend has never played the many-dimension mods, and I think this added a brand new flavor for him to freshen things up again for him. We've been having a blast with the pack! So please keep what you're doing. :)