[1.7.10][TUTORIAL]Teagan's School of Thaumaturgy

Rishenda

Jul 29, 2019
Hi Teagan, just wanted to post to let you know you really have made learning Thaumcraft easy for me. I have tried learning by watching YT vids, but always seem to lose my way.
Thanks again.

Sungak

Jul 29, 2019
Moving along into the Year 3 quests after a break, and running into one odd problem.

The infused seeds quest says it requires Hyperenergetic Nitor (required in the research tree) before it opens up. Is that a quest to unlock, research to unlock (tried that already), or just crafting one?

teagan75

Jul 29, 2019
hyperenergetic nitor is a quest to complete in another class. This class should already be opened up to you.

Sungak

Jul 29, 2019
I do not see that in either Alchemy 101 or 102, and both of those are 100% complete. I do have some extra credit classes in various quests that I've not done, but nothing that would specifically think they flag or unlock this nitor quest.

Also checked and confirmed I see the correct version of the pack (1.4.0) when comparing what I see in MultiMC against what is reported from FTB.jar's view (unable to use Curse).

teagan75

Jul 29, 2019
It is still a quest that needs completion. I may have been wrong that the questline is already opened. It may be in year three

Sungak

Jul 29, 2019
OK, will keep at it then. :)

One new frustration, probably unrelated: Was setting up an independent energized node over by my furnaces (an Ignis node that would have been 8 Cvis IIRC), and the transducer destroyed it for some reason. All was going well at first - it drained the node to 0 - when suddenly the stabilizer turned off and the node disappeared. Not cool. :( Never seen that before; is this some new behavior?

Sungak

Jul 29, 2019
Found it. Artifice 102 did open up, after fiddling with the Nodes quests for awhile. :)

I like the suggestion for having multiple charged nodes around instead of one super-node; packs with Twilight Forest, for example, will generate some fairly hefty, single-aspect nodes (like 90+ Terra, or 114 Herba).

And energized node #2 worked, after moving it one block further away from the two furnaces I was trying to empower. *shrug*

Traehgniw

Jul 11, 2016
Is it supposed to repeatedly play the "Quest complete" noise and have the "Quest complete! New Quest" notification show up on screen?

Traehgniw

Jul 11, 2016
Also what's up with the framerate? I added optifine and betterfps, and I'm still rarely getting above 10 FPS-is it all the floating candles?

EDIT: It's definitely something in the castle that's absurdly rendering-heavy and isn't affected by graphics settings, so probably the candles. Outside the castle/school, I get around 45 fps. Inside the school, it's topped out at 10 and is usually more like five.

Last edited:
W

Wigster42

Question, I am not starting in the college. Where do I go to load that in?

Traehgniw

Jul 11, 2016
You have to download and use the map. You may want to remove the floating candles that are not over the infusion altar, as doing so upped my framerate significantly.
(It was, in fact, at least in part the candles. It was also partially Journeymap, and the paintings and customNPCs are probably responsible for a bit more of the framerate drop, but removing all the candles and overlapping paintings put my framerate at a playable 15ish.)

E

Eman890121

How do you install this modpack it looks really great!

*Edit. Figured it out and this pack is amazing!

Last edited: