[1.7.10] Tinkers tools with Unstable Ingots won't craft

Flexico

Dec 15, 2012
I'm trying to make some Unstable cleavers for my mob grinder (since they have infinite durability), but I can't actually craft them. At first I couldn't even cast the pieces, but after googling I found out it would work if I backdated Extra Utilities. So I was able to cast the parts, but now I can't craft them on the tool forge. I googled more but only came across the first solution.

I'm using EU 1.2.6 and TC 1.8.8.

rouge_bare

Oct 4, 2014
They are on a time limit. Once cast they start ticking away and once that timer runs out.. boom.

Just kidding, the part can only then be melted back down for half the amount of material it was made from. This is how I recall it working anyway.

Flexico

Dec 15, 2012
Yes, I did notice that you only get back half the amount when melting them. But I can't actually use the pieces to make tools.

rouge_bare

Oct 4, 2014
There is a time limit, similarly to crafting the Unstable Ingot tools (via the normal iron/diamond unstable method). Once cast the parts denature over a time period. Once denatured they cannot be used to make a tool, only melted back down for half their value.

Flexico

Dec 15, 2012
Oh, I get it now! I didn't notice the warning on the tool tip. Thanks!