[1.7.10][Tech][Exploration] Mechanical Automata [Factory styled mods][Magneticraft][NuclearCraft]

Biochao

Jul 29, 2019
3VB4qLg.png

Build the factory you've always wanted to in this hardcore mechanical modpack! Explore a beautiful world with Alternate Terrain Generation and Extra Biomes XL.
Monsters only dwell in the darkest depths; the surface is safe. The Nether and End are disabled, create your own with RFtools.
Pack code:
mechanicalautomata

Also available on the Curse Launcher!

Java 8 is required to play this pack because of Matter Overdrive and YABM2.
If you can't or don't want to update Java just remove Matter Overdrive YABM2.

Please post any bugs/problems/unobtainable resources on the Github issue tracker.

8V3k71O.jpg

This modpack focuses on the 'factory style' mods of Minecraft. Mods that require thought and planning with a slight threat of catastrophic failure if you screw something up. Mods that are not not featured often or are overshadowed in other packs. Mods like Magneticraft, Nuclearcraft, Buildcraft, Railcraft, and ExtrabiomesXL. Exploration is also important as the Nether and End are disabled; the resources that are in those dimensions will primarily be found at the bottom of custom Roguelike Dungeons, at least until you can make your own dimensions to replicate the Nether and End.

Mobs are also quite different in this pack. The surface is completely peaceful. Monsters only spawn below y=60. They also gain strength and defense the longer you play. You will need a powerful Tinker's weapon eventually.

After getting burnt out on making quests for my previous two modpacks I decided to not make this pack use HQM, however, there will still be an "idea book" that will have goals or objectives to complete. In addition, there is an in-game guide that will show you all the tweaks for this pack and hints on how to deal with them. It also will double as a guide for some of the less documented mods.

Here's a few of the tweaks I've made:
Custom Ore gen (documented in-game)
Finite water
Animals are slightly rarer but drop a more realistic amount of resources
Monsters only spawn below y=60 and can spawn in modded armors once you play for a while
Custom Roguelike Dungeons (Currently 2 different designs)
RFtools uses Thermal Expansion items in it's recipes
Thermal Expansion machine and Thermal Dynamics recipes are 'Greggified' by Thermal Science

Modlist:
Accidentally Circumstantial Events(ACE) (by zavvias)
Admin Commands Toolbox (by ProfMobius)
Alternate Terrain Generation (by TTFTCUTS)
Another One Bites the Dust (by ganymedes01)
Apocalypse Mod (by docrobb)
AppleCore (by squeek502)
Applied Energistics 2 (by AlgorithmX2)
BiblioCraft (by JDSinclair)
BiomeTweaker (by superckl)
Block Properties (by docrobb)
Buildcraft (by CovertJaguar)
Carpenter's Blocks (by Syntaxial)
Chisel 2 (by TheCricket26)
CodeChickenCore (by chicken_bones)
CoFH Core (by TeamCoFH)
CoFHLib (by TeamCoFH)
Deep Resonance (by McJty)
Dense Ores (by RWTema)
ElecCore | DimensionAPI (by Elec332)
Enchiridion (by joshiejack)
EnderCore (by tterrag1098)
EnderTech (by voxelcarrot)
Extra Carts (by Scott_DTA)
Extra Utilities (by RWTema)
ExtrabiomesXL (by Annysia)
ExtraCells2 (by DrummerMC)
Fastcraft (by Player)
FastLeafDecay (by Olafskii)
Forestry (by SirSengir)
Funky Locomotion (by RWTema)
Hunger Overhaul (by progwml6)
Iguanas Tinker Tweaks (by bonusboni)
Immersive Engineering (by BluSunrize)
Immersive Integration (by UnwrittenFun)
INpureCore (by INpureProjects)
Inventory Tweaks (by Kobata)
Iron Chests (by progwml6)
JourneyMap (by techbrew)
Magneticraft (by cout970)
Mantle (by mDiyo)
Matter Overdrive (by simeonradivoev)
McJtyLib (by McJty)
Minefactory Reloaded (by skyboy026)
MineTweaker RecipeMaker (by DoubleDoorDevelopment)
MineTweaker3 (by StanH)
MmmMmmMmmMmm (by bonusboni)
Mob Properties (by docrobb)
ModTweaker (by jaredlll08)
NEI Addons (by bdew)
NEI Integration (by tonius111)
NotEnoughItems (by chicken_bones)
NotEnoughResources (by Way2muchnoise)
NuclearCraft Mod (by TLJGames)
Pam's HarvestCraft (by MatrexsVigil)
Project Red - Base (by Mr_TJP)
Project Red - Compat (by Mr_TJP)
Project Red - Integration (by Mr_TJP)
Project Red - Lighting (by Mr_TJP)
Project Red - Mechanical (by Mr_TJP)
Project Red - World (by Mr_TJP)
Quartz Plus (by Robosphinx)
Railcraft (by CovertJaguar)
Redstone Armory (by TehNut)
Redstone Arsenal (by TeamCoFH)
Resource Loader (by lumien231)
RFDrills (by GoldenAppleMinecraft)
RFTools (by McJty)
Roguelike Dungeons (by Greymerk)
Simple Achievements (by tterrag1098)
SimpleLabels (by insaneau)
Simply Jetpacks (by tonius111)
sprinkles_for_vanilla (by VikeStep)
The Spice of Life (by squeek502)
Thermal Casting (by insaneau)
Thermal Dynamics (by TeamCoFH)
Thermal Expansion (by TeamCoFH)
Thermal Foundation (by TeamCoFH)
Thermal Recycling (by OreCruncher)
Thermal Science (by Creysys)
Thermal Smeltery (by Drullkus)
TiC Tooltips (by squeek502)
Tinkers Construct (by mDiyo)
Waila (by ProfMobius)
Wawla - What Are We Looking At (by darkh4x)
YetAnotherBackupMod2 (by szernex_)

YABM2 stores backups in the directory before your instance folder.

Inside the backup .zip there is a folder called "C:" (or whatever drive letter Minecraft is running from. Inside that is the whole directory tree that leads to your world folder.

Adding and removing mods:
When a mod is removed from this pack that adds blocks the game will crash upon startup until the Block Properties configs for that mod are also removed. They can be found in \Mechanical Automata\config\BlockProperties\

Screenshots:
http://imgur.com/a/hfgXY

Last edited:

pikminman13

Jul 29, 2019
I only have up to a smeltery and i already like the pack. My only problem is the quest for copper and tin right now, but i guess i will come across some later. What is the first machine that processes ores? For a 100% second chance i mean because i know a few that have only a chance for the second dust.

Biochao

Jul 29, 2019
  • Copper:
    • y=40-75 Any biome as Poor ore
    • y=40-75 LUSH/HILLS biomes in large veins
  • Tin:
    • y=20-55 Any biome as Poor ore
    • y=20-55 WATER biomes in large veins
I'll add the ore generation from the in-game book to the OP too.

Probably the easiest thing to make that doubles your ore is make a Crushing Table and a Hammer from Magneticraft and hammer the ore on the table. That will give you an Iron Chunk which smelts into two ingots, however, that's very manual. The next easiest thing to make would be the TCon Smeltery. Once you have a bunch of iron you can make a Grinder or Electric Grinder from Nuclearcraft. If you have some diamonds and iron you could make a Railcraft Rock Crusher since I added a recipe that doesn't require steel.
A simple Pulverizer requires you to make a few Thermal Science machines. Then you have Magneticraft's and Immersive Engineering's giant multiblock machines that give products that can be further refined with other giant multiblock machines.

pikminman13

Jul 29, 2019
  • Copper:
    • y=40-75 Any biome as Poor ore
    • y=40-75 LUSH/HILLS biomes in large veins
  • Tin:
    • y=20-55 Any biome as Poor ore
    • y=20-55 WATER biomes in large veins
I'll add the ore generation from the in-game book to the OP too.

Probably the easiest thing to make that doubles your ore is make a Crushing Table and a Hammer from Magneticraft and hammer the ore on the table. That will give you an Iron Chunk which smelts into two ingots, however, that's very manual. The next easiest thing to make would be the TCon Smeltery. Once you have a bunch of iron you can make a Grinder or Electric Grinder from Nuclearcraft. If you have some diamonds and iron you could make a Railcraft Rock Crusher since I added a recipe that doesn't require steel.
A simple Pulverizer requires you to make a few Thermal Science machines. Then you have Magneticraft's and Immersive Engineering's giant multiblock machines that give products that can be further refined with other giant multiblock machines.
Thank you so much! Is the biome bias documented ingame? I know the NEI Y levels are. Thermal Science is definitely like GregTech, but not nearly as horribly grindy. It also doesnt make the game take 20 minutes to load.

Biochao

Jul 29, 2019
There is a book called "Mineral_Resource_Information" but currently the only way to get it is though cheat mode. Next update it will be given as a starting inventory.

jacob814

Jul 29, 2019
The only thing I ask is for galacticraft be added as well. I think it would still suit the factory theme.

jacob814

Jul 29, 2019
Also could you change world gen to have big ore veins that are hard to find. More gregified if you will. Then maybe add the railcraft ores as well with the big veins

pikminman13

Jul 29, 2019
Also could you change world gen to have big ore veins that are hard to find. More gregified if you will. Then maybe add the railcraft ores as well with the big veins
The ore generation is already custom, so there is not really a need to change it. The guide book will come soon in an update, as biochao said. For now cheat one in (its not cheating if its information).

NunoAgapito

Jul 29, 2019
If you are going for the factory type modpack, I would suggest adding logistical pipes. If you are willing to face the player complain, I would also suggest removing AE2 and any conduit from EnderIO and TE. Force them to use conveyor belts as a start game and LP with autocrafting for late game.

But this is just my suggestion from reading the description. No clue how hardcore you want to go...

erindalc

Popular Member
Mar 3, 2015
Steam
If you are going for the factory type modpack, I would suggest adding logistical pipes. If you are willing to face the player complain, I would also suggest removing AE2 and any conduit from EnderIO and TE. Force them to use conveyor belts as a start game and LP with autocrafting for late game.

But this is just my suggestion from reading the description. No clue how hardcore you want to go...

Perhaps make them more expensive, or remove all but the higher tier conduits/ducts?

Biochao

Jul 29, 2019

I'll consider Logistics Pipes but I don't think Thermal Dynamics conduits are early game in this, and I have a plan for AE2.

Reactions: erindalc

Excaerious

Jul 29, 2019
Really interesting. I want to test it out, but I almost want to wait until you've pushed those unique recipes forward.

Edit: Did you ever consider Rotarycraft and related mods now that Reika has taken large steps back in the prohibitive policies of old?

Last edited:

erindalc

Popular Member
Mar 3, 2015
Steam
Really interesting. I want to test it out, but I almost want to wait until you've pushed those unique recipes forward.

Edit: Did you ever consider Rotarycraft and related mods now that Reika has taken large steps back in the prohibitive policies of old?
I think his focus is around RF based power, which I imagine is his reason for also not adding mekanism.

Sent from my XT1028 using Tapatalk

pikminman13

Jul 29, 2019
I think his focus is around RF based power, which I imagine is his reason for also not adding mekanism.

Sent from my XT1028 using Tapatalk
Mekanism is RF, just change the config to show it. It is RF, EU, J(obviously), and i think AE as well. Basically it works as anything short of exclusively non compatible energy types, or things like Pneumaticcraft bars that would not make sense.