[1.7.10]Sticks & Stones

Gr8ful

Jul 29, 2019
Hello forum goers! This is my first submitted mod pack. I feel it's a well rounded pack for anyone interested in a little tech and magic but also keeping it simple. Also friendly to new modded players wanting to retain some sanity, but still keep it challenging.
Designed to run on lower end systems and still keep the diversity of larger packs. Would love to see some testers have a go at it and let me know what you think.

Pack code: SS1710
Main config changes:
  • Firebats? No thanks :cool:
  • Creepers can destroy you but not leave craters and destroy your chests. :p

Mod List:

obwon03

Jul 29, 2019
Looks nice, but the amount of tech in this mod is basically nothing. Also not many begging modders are gonna enjoy the hardship of thaumcraft

Gr8ful

Jul 29, 2019
The amount of tech in this goes a long way using Mekanism. If you've ever used it, you'll know that getting to x5 ore production isn't nothing. I'm not one that uses many magic based mods, but Thaumcraft I added for two main reasons. 1. It's been around awhile and is commonly used. and 2. I wanted that extra diversity in the pack without over doing it and keeping the system requirements lower. Also, in my opinion Mekanism is underused and I've read several people asking for it in a pack. I'll agree, this pack isn't for hardcore modded players but it can easily cater to newer people to modded Minecraft, and to those wanting a 'Lite' pack for casual play.

Thanks in advance to everyone that gives it a test run. ;)

obwon03

Jul 29, 2019
Well the fact is that getting 5x ore production is SOOOOO HARD. I have used Mekanism before but, even to get 3x ore production it requires a good bit of power. Also using fortune plus auto smelt from tinkers is able to give anywhere from 2-6 ingots per ore so its eaiser.

Gr8ful

Jul 29, 2019
Using auto-smelt as a modifier on a tinker tool seems such a waste of a modifier slot to me. I never use it. I do appreciate all the feedback on the pack though! It's a very 'casual play' atmosphere with a hint of difficulty from the mobs Mekanism brings to the mix. I built this pack around the fact that I dedicated only 1GB of memory to run it, and it seemed to run pretty smooth. So for those that 'want' to use DW20's pack but just don't have the resources to run it, this may be a decent alternative.

SpedyRF

Jul 29, 2019
Hey there, just wanted to let you know that the pack doesn't seem to get installed properly by the launcher. However, I was able to copy/paste the pack files from the launcher's download location and install it manually.

Code:
 [ERROR] MCInstaller.gatherAssets:173: pack.json file not found-Forge/Liteloader will not be able to load!

Gr8ful

Jul 29, 2019
Restarting your launcher generally works when the pack doesn't download the first time.