[1.7.10] [Shadows of Twilight ] [RPG] [Advent of Ascension] - The New Departed!

Do you prefer Shadows of Twilight to FTB Departed?

• Yes

Votes: 14 87.5%
  • No

Votes: 2 12.5%

• Total voters

Shadows_of_Fire

Jul 29, 2019
<Insert Fancy Art Here>

But as we can all see I don't have fancy art. However, something in the title obviously got your interest, so while you're here...

What is Shadows of Twilight? This is a pack created to do what the FTB Team could not. Personally, I regard the setup of FTB Departed to be undermining to AoA through use of other mods, and I was determined to change that. Advent of Ascension is featured as a primary mod in this pack, with very few other content adding mods. Witchery is also included, but some features have been disabled in order to give AoA a better feel. This pack is currently in Beta, with decisions being made on what mods to add and what to change through Minetweaker. More information is available on the official site.

Beta is Beta:
Yeah, it means what it says. I don't have many resources available to me, so I will put out updates as I can, and I will be playing through and fixing bugs at my disposal (so far anything that should crash the game has been terminated).

HQM: I have been asked about this, and if I decide to include HQM in this pack, it will take a few months to setup. AoA is a HUGE mod, and i may just run out of space in that quest book before I could even make it. Either way, I need a better understanding of the mod in order to create that HQM, as its progression can be strange.

Pack Code: ShadowsOT
Official Pack Website: Frozen Nations
Mod List:
Do not report bugs to Mod Authors, Report them to this thread or to me on Frozen Nations.
This pack contains Fastcraft, by Player, enabled by default.

Last edited:

Mikhaila666

Jul 29, 2019
Ruins is an incredibly versitile mod. Many people have made additional ruins that can easily be added to the mod just by copying their files into the biome folder of the biome you want them to appear in. Jordan Peacock has some especially nice pieces of work. It's also incredibly easy to make things for your own pack, if you wanted some AoA themed ruins to appear.

Shadows_of_Fire

Jul 29, 2019
I was thinking about doing some ruins, and will most likely have some out by next update. I am also awaiting permissions for inclusion of chococraft and mystcraft.

cannajan

Jul 29, 2019
Have you left the broomstick in witchery? if not, how are we supposed to explore void worlds like haven without flight?

Shadows_of_Fire

Jul 29, 2019
The broomstick is currently still on. It will be removed in a future update. Xolova personally has stated that flight breaks AoA's intended mechanics.

nolaw70

Jul 29, 2019
I have not had a chance to play this pack yet, but applaud your efforts.

One thing you may want to check out is the experience the dev of the Hubris pack found from the inclusion of Twilight Forest. In that pack, TF provided a cheap and easy way to escape from the conditions he was imposing in the pack. He made some tweaks to TF to make it less hospitable.

Mikhaila666

Jul 29, 2019
I have not had a chance to play this pack yet, but applaud your efforts.

One thing you may want to check out is the experience the dev of the Hubris pack found from the inclusion of Twilight Forest. In that pack, TF provided a cheap and easy way to escape from the conditions he was imposing in the pack. He made some tweaks to TF to make it less hospitable.
Yes, super powered zombie puppies roaming in packs definitely made it interesting and hobbibly deadly :) And removing ores from TF was a nice touch as well. We did a nice base in a tall tree in TF, and run back to the overworld for exploration and mining. Dogs get us now and then, and burned down the tree once.

Themrowlpie

Jul 29, 2019
Is it safe to assume this pack hasn't had any updates in 6 or so months and I should update the mods myself?

Shadows_of_Fire

Jul 29, 2019
Actually i pushed out an update to v2 not too long ago. I'll try to keep aoa up to date but it updates so frequently and i dont have a huge amount of time for mc.