[1.7.10] Raxpack - Beautiful Explorer

Atomizer_Zero

Jul 29, 2019
Rorax and I have both noted a significant decline in FPS after the 1.2.5 update; I'm not sure which mod has caused it (been too busy with work and all to research), but I did notice that installing Optifine and FastCraft helped a bit with the issue. When I get more available time, I'll try and actually hunt down the issue, but, that won't be anytime soon at the rate things are going. Sorry I couldn't point you in a more exact direction.

- Matt

Thanks for the reply. I'll do some digging around myself :) Have a feeling it might be better foliage with the rounded tree's causing it (I think it's that mod causing the tree change). I'll report back if I make any progress.

EDIT: Turning the round logs off had maybe a tiny (~5fps at best) difference... but overall, it still has lag.

Last edited:

podmike

Jul 29, 2019
The pack should be using the CoFH Core oregen, where, from what I can see, lead, silver, and tin are all enabled.

Really? Are the spawns turned way down? I have never found any of these ores, including running a quarry for a while. I am trying to find the episode where Rorax talks about the spawn but I haven't found anything about spawn levels yet.

Atomizer_Zero

Jul 29, 2019
I just replaced Better Foliage with version 1.03 (which was the version in Raxpack 1.0.1). Lags gone. So yeh, better foliage is the cause.. at least, for me.

TarynWinterblade

Jul 29, 2019
Ah, okay. I haven't been mining in any new chunks since the update so I wasn't sure ^^
Really? Are the spawns turned way down? I have never found any of these ores, including running a quarry for a while. I am trying to find the episode where Rorax talks about the spawn but I haven't found anything about spawn levels yet.

Alright, I'll admit to being wrong. Everything I saw in the configs suggested that it should be using CoFH and spawning those ores... and it's not. Ran some tests this morning and came up with the following stats, out of about 592k blocks mined (across desert and Savannah biomes):
  • Coal: 12558, 2.12%
  • Redstone: 9028, 1.53%
  • Iron: 7259, 1.23%
  • Limestone: 6354, 1.07%
  • Marble: 5669, 0.96%
  • Andesite: 4873, 0.82%
  • Granite: 4730, 0.80%
  • Diorite: 4365, 0.74%
  • Copper: 2977, 0.50%
  • Salt: 2599, 0.44%
  • Lapis: 1727, 0.29%
  • Zinc: 1579, 0.27%
  • Flint: 1387, 0.23%
  • Yellorite: 1166, 0.20%
  • Osmium: 940, 0.16%
  • Certus: 795, 0.13%
  • Gold: 712, 0.12%
  • Cinnabar: 486, 0.08%
  • Amber: 375, 0.06%
  • Endumium: 307, 0.05%
  • Entropy Shard: 278, 0.05%
  • Air Shard: 258, 0.04%
  • Earth Shard: 257, 0.04%
  • Diamond: 249, 0.04%
  • Fire Shard: 241, 0.04%
  • Order Shard: 190, 0.03%
  • Water Shard: 137, 0.02%
  • Charged Certus: 81, 0.01%
So, it does seem like there's a distinct lack of any lead, silver, or tin. Of those, tin seems to be the most worrisome, as it's the only one with a use, without some other way of being generated (as far as I know) and is required for some of the Railcraft recipes. I'm going to assume this is a an issue with the oregen.

Edit to clarify: Tested in version 1.2.5 of the pack.

I just replaced Better Foliage with version 1.03 (which was the version in Raxpack 1.0.1). Lags gone. So yeh, better foliage is the cause.. at least, for me.

Aha! Thanks for tracking that down. I'll have to see if downgrading Better Foliage ups my FPS again.

Last edited:

TarynWinterblade

Jul 29, 2019
ting the AE fixed the issue. I noticed that the version in the pack was listed as a beta.

So, I finally ended up running into this issue in Episode 12 of my LP; as you said, updating AE ended up fixing the issue - seems it was fixed in rv2 beta 11, while we have rv2 beta 10. That said, this was pretty much the latest version out at the time of the last pack update, though, so, it's completely understandable.

- Matt

ZephyrWindSpirit

Jul 29, 2019
Mekanism sporks (technically, they're called paxels, but they remind me of sporks) are a good starter tool. :)
Great idea, but to do that, you need to download Mekanism Tools. Looks like Mekanism is split into 3 parts.

My seed is a trio of small islands in the middle of the ocean. In the... probably two hours I've played, at least two of every farmable passive vanilla mob has spawned. Last five minutes, a horse spawned. I'm either quite lucky, or this is the Zoo Island.

I'm enjoying myself, thank you!

Edit: In trying to get Mek tools in, I ended up deleting my instance, and with that, the world.

Oops.

Take 2!

Last edited:
S

SamSam1997

But I didn't find it.
Please describe me how I can find this Modpack at the FTB Launcher.
Please a Step-by-Step description.
Yours faithfully
SamSam1997

Brizzle

Jul 29, 2019
But I didn't find it.
Please describe me how I can find this Modpack at the FTB Launcher.
Please a Step-by-Step description.
Yours faithfully
SamSam1997
Go to 3rd party tab in the launcher. Click the enter code button. Then type the code on the OP here in this thread