[1.7.10]Rancor[HQM][Very Difficult]

JohnnyMayHymn

Jul 29, 2019
Many will fail, few will achieve greatness.

This pack is not here to hold your hand. There are no tutorials or tips, you'll have to figure it out on your own.
The quests are pretty straightforward, how you get there is up to you; but, the longer you take, the harder it will get. Oh, and don't get too greedy...

Good luck!

VNjur27.png

Special thanks to @KidFriendlyTV for the images and story collaboration.

pack code: rancor

EDIT: WARNING! This pack is in Beta and updates between versions may break Quest progression.

9ooi6YQ.png

A mysterious portal opened on your home world. You were selected for an expeditionary team, sent to find out what, or who, is on the other side. As soon as the ship touched the portal, you were separated from the crew. You awoke in a dangerous world with no sign of your ship or former crew members. It's up to you, to tame this strange new world...

See also: Mammoth(Magic/Tech) and Vagabond(Exploration), where you can play as two of the other scientists.

Crafting recipes will remain untouched, unless I need to fix a bug.

Ore spawn rates are mostly default for Gregtech 5, I didn't mess with map height ranges or distribution or anything like that.

Some resources will be harder to find in the early game (Thaumcraft, Botania, Forestry) this was by design. Just keep looking, or adapt.

I un-nerfed vanilla tools, and un-nerfed how many planks you get from wood without a saw b/c Gregtech.

The night is dark, the contrast won't save you. The Nether and End are also dark, this is intentional.

Bosses are more difficult, they are bosses.

Most of the config files were changed in some way (usually to make things more difficult), I only listed the changes that might cause confusion here.

This pack contains Fastcraft, by Player, enabled by default. Fastcraft enhances Minecraft with increased performance. Bug reports being made directly to Mod Authors should state Fastcraft is enabled.

That being said, bug reports should not be made directly to mod authors, go ahead and report them to me, (here in this thread, pm, whatever) and I'll report it to the author to avoid duplicate reports.
If you have a crash report, please, at least put it in a spoiler, or make it a link to pastebin or something, most people don't want to read them.

Some of these mods are awaiting permissions, this post is still a WIP.
This list is subject to change. I did not make any of these mods.

Apocalypse by FatherToast
AppleCore by squeek502
Aqua Creepers! by MrCompost
Baubles by Azanor
Biomes O' Plenty by Adubbz, Forstride
Botania by Vazkii
CodeChickenCore by ChickenBones
Deadly World by FatherToast
DefaultWorldGenerator by FireBall1725
Extended Potions by lumien231
Fastcraft by Player
Forestry by SirSengir
GregTech-5 by GregoriousT (approved port by Blood Asp is used in this pack)
Hardcore Darkness by lumien231
Hardcore Ender Expansion by chylex
Hardcore Wither by thor12022
Hardcore Questing Mode by Vswe, lorddusk, Newcastlegeek
Hunger Overhaul by iguana_man
IC2 Experimental by IC2 Dev Team
Infernal Mobs by AtomicStryker
Inventory Tweaks by Kobata
JourneyMap by techbrew
Lava Monsters by FatherToast
Lycanite's Mobs by Lycanite
Mantle by mDiyo, progwml6
MineTweaker by StanH
Mob Properties by FatherToast (removed from latest version)
Natura by mDiyo, progwml6
Not Enough Items(NEI) by ChickenBones
HarvestCraft by MatrexsVigil
Railcraft by CovertJaguar
Realistic Terrain Generation (RTG) by WhichOnesPink
Special AI by FatherToast
Special Mobs by FatherToast
Spice of Life by squeek502
Thaumcraft by Azanor
Twilight Forest by Benimatic
Utility Mobs by FatherToast
Waila by ProfMobius
WailaHarvestability by squeek502
Wawla by Darkhax

Last edited:

JohnnyMayHymn

Jul 29, 2019
^^ cool, thanks for checking out the pack

Also, Updated! Beta 0.5.4

Quests will probably break if you try to keep your old save; but, chances are, nobody got very far in the first version anyway.

-made early game much easier, don't worry it will still be challenging later on
--nerfed Lycanites mobs
--reduced Lycanites mobs spawn rates
--reduced crop growth time multipliers
--made harvestcraft seeds much easier to get (right-click with a hoe on grass blocks that are not near water)

-added minetweaker
--allow conversion of Biomes O Plenty turnips and Natura cotton & barley to HarvestCraft items
--added recipes to convert honey and wax between BoP, HarvestCraft and Forestry

-reduced caves and underground lakes (hopefully less lag)
-made biomes a little smaller (still larger than Vanilla, but a bad biome at spawn is not necessarily a death sentence now)
-modified some of the quests(new category and (at least 1 secret quest... shhh))
-removed mob properties mod

a note on performance: this is not a light pack, on my oldish laptop I have to turn the graphics settings down and reduce view distance, also some biomes seem to perform better than others (your milage may vary), this is part of the reason I reduced underground lakes and caves significantly

Reaccon

Jul 29, 2019
Looks nice, i give it a try.

€dit: Can you upload this to Curse maybe? (I dont know what you need to get there but i like the Curse launcher much more)

Gq1rf7

Jul 29, 2019
I don't get it. The first quests you can do are either killing bosses (late game), or getting 6 beacons and 2556 diamonds in the rebuild questline, which is also quite late game. And most of the time modpacks become boring before you get to a point where you have 6 beacons and 2556 diamonds. Also, you get lives for killing bosses, but by the time you can kill them, you either lose your 3 starting lives or lives dont matter anymore, because nothing can kill you.

And the world is just a random generated world. It says I went through a portal, I thought that the other world would look different.