[1.7.10] PVPE

BLSK

Jul 29, 2019
Pardon the Color issues with the thread up to until now. I use dark style and didn't even notice it affected anything. Removed all the White BBcode. Removing Green BBcode

JDG02i.png

Are you bored of the old? Are you starving for something terrifying different or Totally Unique? Is hard difficulty minecraft broken badly cause of modded packs? Here is the pack to solve some of the boredom by injecting you into a world that fights back giving the 'Survival' aspect an actual place. (More about this at the bottom to declare a few things)

1.2.0 is not submitted yet. Be patient while I finalize.
To play Prior Versions(possibly):
Remove the Mods:

Progression, Wildycraft, Weeping Angels for sure
Other things I am not sure about. It has been a long time since I fixed the versions errors. Perhaps someone will figure it out for everyone and I'll post it here. I just suggest waiting for 1.2.0 as its a different ballgame.

FTB 3rd Party Code:
NEGPVPE
I have obtained all the permissions for the pack to be public
I also designed the pack myself. It is very Unique and I hope refreshing to others as it is for me.

About The Author:
It was a day so long ago, 2 years to be exact on October 7th, 2014 I started PVPE. I spent a year and a few months perfecting it, yet in a few areas I failed but as my first modpack it may of been possible I beat myself up more than I should of. I strive to an Author in real life as I have a very creative personality. I hope you see what I did with PVPE and know its a work of art!
The PACK timeline(Possible Atrocity of a Crushing Kind):
Warning: Serious talk is in this section!
PVPE or Perfected Version of Personal Expectations or Player Versus Player Evironment
In the community I have been apart of for over 4 years we had a dream! The dream was to make a more DnD style gameplay with the Monster Modpack. I know Leveling Type Games and in the creation were flaws that no matter what could not be corrected.

I set out to make the pack I expected to be 'what we wanted'. It was too hard! My first 6 months were just figuring out what the pack needed. I spent the next few months balancing it after the release of it in May 2015.

I ultimately gave up by January 2016, due to 'issues' and didn't look back at it until June 2016. I felt out of sorts during the time, slipping into a more depressed state and 'right now' I do regret not finishing the pack for others to enjoy... or whine about... maybe. I am working on finalizing the version 1.2.0 for the pack and it should work 100%. Prior versions did have bugs that crashed game and are not suggested for play. I am chipper though. I look forward to its completion.

I am also working on its 1.10.2 version. Right now its unsure if 1.10.2 will have the last few mods it needs to be finished, but I may look into adding a Mod(possibly my own) that may correct that issue.

About the Pack:
You must level yourself up to survive. How you level I'll leave in the dark for the moment. Add that first exploration feel ;). It will show itself if you look what mods are present. 1 core mod for 1.2.0 was removed as in a way it is irrelevant and made things very hard.(I played with it for my 14 survival)

It is a very hard pack, filled with dangers, that will likely cause you to die before you 2nd night. It is unwise to take light of these words, as on 'hard difficulty' I have only survived 14 days currently. Hard difficulty is similar to its prior PVPE versions, but since(for 1.2.0) I have set up the pack to have easy, normal, and hard difficulties. All you have to do is select a difficulty like any other in your Minecraft Options Screen.

I spent time balancing out stuff and yet it may still be potentially too hard. Feedback is always welcome. Hardcore Quest Mode is present mainly for the Lives Rather than Quests. If you want more lives you will need to craft the Lives.

End Goals for a Player to Achieve:
Killing:
Enderdragon
Wither
Doppelganger
Her?(more about her when 1.2 done)​
Achieving Flight
Getting End Game Equipment
Showing off your skill? It is hard to survive.​
I will accept Feedback in a few places
NEgaming Forums
FTB forums

I may not tour here too much as I tend to be busy. I will look however when I think to. Sorry if it were considered an inconvenience but I am normally with my friends and the community we have.

SERVERS:
This pack is completely capable of being made into a server. I will make my own partly for testing but having fun with anyone. If you have a server made out of this. Great. I would love to Post it and maybe even put it in the Server File for the pack.
WARNINGS:
Do not use Waila: It 'WILL' kill you(unless your pc is very very strong).
Beware when entering 'any' Dimension: Includes Overworld, Nether, End and more
It is not a modpack you can complete easily without others or many hours.

TO DOS:
What I have planned but not fully disclosing anything​
  • I have 1 mod to finish for a possible 1.2.1 expansion but I am not sure I can finish it. TOA is not the mod in question but it is mine too.
  • Finish 1.10.2s release of pack
  • TOA update still in work: Updated Descriptions on Mod Page.
  • Fix things I find out about
More Details to come with 1.2.0 release

Declarations:
Selecting a Difficulty in your Menu ajust the difficulty:

Easy Difficulty: The casual player just looking for something different but doesn't want to be too overwelmed and I will by far adjust this if it does feel too hard.
Normal Difficulty: A casual Player that knows a fair bit about the pack or a player just looking for a bit of a challenge.
Hard Difficulty: Only for those that knows a fair bit and have the guts for a challenge that may cause you to rage.
Hardcore Difficulty: Not wise to do but sure... if you think 1 life is enough. Just make sure HQM's Hardcore mode is off as you want 1 life :) and i also suggest using the supplies your given and not tossing them in lava as soon as you can.
Madpack: I am sure some people know of Madpack. I found out about it about 8 months after I started making my pack. They are in no way similar or had any consideration in it's design.
I did play it about a year and a half after hearing of it... Was curious what my friends were talking about...I don't see the thrill myself. I found the early game too easy and found out the end game goal is to die... Mine is like DBZ meets Zelda. Your intended to survive but only if you want to.

PVPE is designed for survivability and giving end game an 'endgame'. The fundamental truth is Survival doesn't have a place in a Modded world. I gave it it's place. Going to different Dimentions(made by me or the player) are progressively harder but the rewards far exceed the pain a person may run into. The question is... are you ready to survive them?

The Overworld is the 2nd safest place to be: Dimention -500(if it exists in your game) is no hostiles at all spawn. It's what i would say would be a server 'Home World' and I suggest making this world the 'Spawn' to anyone that were wanting ot make PVPE a server. The Overworld is however reasonably safe but from that point you will find if you didn't work hard enough to get the stuff you need.... you will not survive.
(never go to Dimension -74(!) you have been Warned. Its a level of hell i made for testing purposes. It's almost impossible to imagine surviving there unless you're at late, late, late, late end game)

I spent many hours testing out balances of the mobs and Hard Difficulty is 'BLSK level Pain'. I survived 14 days but what I didn't specify is I just left it there. I felt it was a good balance of hardness I had to try and survive and adjusted Normal Difficulty and Easy Difficulty to be easier and much more surviviable but(!) it is still harder than Hard. Mobs aren't easy to defang. They get pushed around enough from other packs. I wanted to feel a little fear even if i am at endgame.

Also... With the changes to Tinker's Construct I am not sure I can reproduce in 1.10.2 what is made in 1.7.10 but I will see if i can convince Bonii to readd one of the things that was removed.

1 other mod is also not updated yet to 1.10.2 so... seeing if FatherToast will.

UPDATE:
10/11/2016, 6am: still finalizing a few things but its looking good. May have it done in a day.

Last edited:

Scottly318

Jul 29, 2019
Guessing you're using a green in there somewhere. You lose it. Not sure if it matters for those who aren't color blind. But what ever color some of the text is? I can't see round about half of what you've written

Further review? I'd say a quarter is more accurate

BLSK

Jul 29, 2019
Removed the green.

EDIT:=================

Just as a heads up... didn't realize I broke a few more things than i thought by removing a core mod(progression). Fixing some of the balance I had intended for, but progression late into the 1.2.0 build 'deleted' all its information(this was a long time ago now). Just working around it with a different setup.

I am close to updating though... expecting to submit in a few days at most.

Last edited: