[1.7.10] Purgatory - Alpha Looking for Testers

Status
Not open for further replies.

Marsupilami

Jul 29, 2019
I have put together a mod pack and have been testing it extensively on my own. I am looking for a few testers to give it a go, give me some feedback and help me look for any bugs or problems.

Basic background story goes something like this.
You have died. You lived a good life. Instead of going to Heaven, like many others you have woken up in Purgatory. Heaven (The End) has been taken over by a Demon (The Ender Dragon) and Corrupted Angels (Endermen). You will need to complete certain quests having you venturing throughout Purgatory and Hell (Nether) to gain access to Heaven and defeat the Demon and the Corrupted Angels.

I plan on making this mod pack public on FTB when the testing is finished and all of the permissions are in.

Tester requirements as follows:
- Must be familiar with MultiMC or comfortable setting up a custom mod pack instance for Minecraft.
- Have prior knowledge of a majority of the mods in the pack.
- Comfortable with throwing away previous work done for new versions of the mod pack.

Not required, but if you record live plays for Youtube or stream on Twitch and can record play sessions for me to review it would definitely increase your chances of being an Alpha tester :p

Here is a link to the list of Mods, credits to the Authors and Links to the Mods.
https://docs.google.com/spreadsheets/d/1o7O93UyNPdVe5M0GQ9xDWkUofBWyj4PIEab-d2Hohyo/edit?usp=sharing
Check it out and let me know via Private Message whether you are interested in testing.

If you are selected for testing, I will provide a download via PM or Email with the mod and config folders for this pack. The download link and files are NOT to be shared with anyone.

I plan on using HQM in the future once I iron out the base mods. Other possibilities are custom recipes and the addition of specific mods when/if they update to 1.7.10.

Some key notes of the mod pack are:
- Customizable health regen options when creating a new world.
- Nerfed vanilla tools. Primary focus is Tinker's Construct.
- Vein Miner. Balanced to only allows mining of 64 blocks at a time.
- Iguana Tinker's Construct Tweaks. Upgrade your tools instead of making new ones.
- Tiered tool progression. Must have experience mining low level ores before high level.
- Iguana Tweaks. Items and blocks have weight. No sleeping at night.
- Ex Nihilo. You can venture off to get resources or gather them at home. Your choice.
- Spice of Life. Must have a variety of food to survive.
- Several mods that adjust difficulty along with Minecraft's selected difficulty.

There are a few mods that will be added when they are ready for 1.7.10 like Hunger Overhaul and Tinker's Steelworks.

Even though I am pretty satisfied with the current and future planned mods, I will be open to suggestions. I am aiming for a primarily tech mod pack so please no magic mod suggestions :p

Thanks!

dqqdyq.jpg

Last edited:

FedoraGaming

Jul 29, 2019
I would like to alpha test.
I am a live streamer on twitch named fraxker and I am currently wrapping up a series and am looking to start something new.
I know how a lot of the mods work and I have a few mod ideas that look like they would fit in good

Any other information needed, I am happy to give

B.T.W- Is this supposed to be more of a tech pack or do you want some magic

Marsupilami

Jul 29, 2019
I would like to alpha test.
I am a live streamer on twitch named fraxker and I am currently wrapping up a series and am looking to start something new.
I know how a lot of the mods work and I have a few mod ideas that look like they would fit in good

Any other information needed, I am happy to give

B.T.W- Is this supposed to be more of a tech pack or do you want some magic

Going to be a tech pack. I should have a download ready in a day or two for testers to grab. I'll be in touch. Just need to make sure I have everything up to date then a little personal testing to make sure the latest versions of the mods don't break anything. Going to try to keep the pack as up to date as possible. I have been updating the mods for my personal testing every 2-3 days if one is available.

Chesdragon

Jul 29, 2019
I am familiar with MultiMC, Ive created a few modpacks using it myself. Though i would like to know what your general theme is for the pack; are you going for something like blood and bones or more like ftb monster?

There are only a few mods on your list that i am not familiar with, but i don't think that those mods would get in the way of me helping to test the pack.

And will there be a map to go along with the modpack or will it be a free-roaming/exploring pack?

Sartorian

Jul 29, 2019
I've made a few packs with MultiMC(and without). I like the combination of mods you're using. Could be interesting, especially if you do add HQM. Let me know if you need more testers.

Marsupilami

Jul 29, 2019
I am familiar with MultiMC, Ive created a few modpacks using it myself. Though i would like to know what your general theme is for the pack; are you going for something like blood and bones or more like ftb monster?

There are only a few mods on your list that i am not familiar with, but i don't think that those mods would get in the way of me helping to test the pack.

And will there be a map to go along with the modpack or will it be a free-roaming/exploring pack?

I am aiming for a challenging mod pack that is highly customizable. Many of the mods adjust certain aspects based on the difficulty you select in Minecraft's options and being able to select whether you want fast health regeneration, normal all the way up to UHC no health regen makes it even more customizable. Based on these 2 settings easily controllable by the player can make the game fairly easy or brutally hard. I will eventually have a story line that will go with HQM and give some early, mid and end game goals.

The story will be that you died and now reside in Purgatory, a world where people go when they die. I eventually want to have a custom map, that will have a few areas that are not accessible until you complete certain tasks. The ultimate goal is to complete all of the quests which would have the story ending in you being re-incarnated. Of course, players are free to build to their hearts content even after completing all tasks :p

Last edited:

Chesdragon

Jul 29, 2019
I am aiming for a challenging mod pack that is highly customizable. Many of the mods adjust certain aspects based on the difficulty you select in Minecraft's options and being able to select whether you want fast health regeneration, normal all the way up to UHC no health regen makes it even more customizable. Based on these 2 settings easily controllable by the player can make the game fairly easy or brutally hard. I will eventually have a story line that will go with HQM and give some early, mid and end game goals.

The story will be that you died and now reside in Purgatory, a world where people go when they die. I eventually want to have a custom map, that will have a few areas that are not accessible until you complete certain tasks. The ultimate goal is to complete all of the quests which would have the story ending in you being re-incarnated. Of course, players are free to build to their hearts content even after completing all tasks :p
Sounds great! I would definitely like to help test this pack. Tell me if you need anymore testers when the time comes. :)

Marsupilami

Jul 29, 2019
I have sent out the Alpha tester PMs.

Do NOT share the download link with anyone without my prior permission.
If you have friends that also want to play the Alpha and help test, let me know.
If you have any crashes, be sure to copy the crash log to pastebin and provide it via the forum.
If you have any bugs to report, provide as much detail as possible. Pictures or Video are appreciated.
If you need to post any pictures or crash logs in the forum please use spoiler tags.

Code:
[spoiler]
Stuff goes in here :P
[/spoiler]

Setup Parameters for Purgatory:
Minecraft Version: 1.7.10
Forge Version: 10.13.0.1208
Java Version: 7 Update 67
Minimum Memory Allocation: 1024MB
Maximum Memory Allocation: 3072MB
PermGen Size: 512MB

Install Instructions:
1. Create Minecraft 1.7.10 instance.
2. Instal Forge 10.13.0.1208
3. Start Minecraft once and quit.
4. Copy Mods, Config and journeyMap folders from Zip to Minecraft instance.

The mod pack difficulty is influenced by the Minecraft difficulty selected in Settings and you can customize your Health Regen options when creating a new world.

Tips:
1. Change Vein Miner keybind from ~ to something else so that it does not conflict with Morph. Personally I use the Q key.
2. To play on a Biomes o' Plenty world, be sure to select that option in the world creation menu.
3. You must start with Flint tools using Tinker's Construct. Flint can be crafted from 3 Gravel.
4. Vanilla tools and weapons have been nerfed are are ineffective. Use Tinker's Construct.
5. You cannot sleep to skip night. Make sure you are in a safe place when night falls.
6. You cannot mine coal or anything higher tier than stone until you level or upgrade your pickaxe.
7. Be sure to gather plenty of wood and at least 9 gravel to make flint before the first night.

Thanks and happy testing :p

Last edited:

Marsupilami

Jul 29, 2019
If you experience a lot of world gen lag try reducing your view distance. Also, the Biomes O' Plenty world gen is pretty intensive. If you have reduced your view distance to what you are comfortable with and still have a lot of world gen lag, try creating a new world without Biomes O' Plenty enabled.

If you die, to break the grave stone you need a pickaxe. Be sure to grab a spare when you go to retrieve your stuff. If the grave stone is on top of any block that you can break with your hand, you can break the block underneath it and that will cause the grave stone to break without needing a pickaxe.

Food is pretty forgiving right now and the Spice of Life settings are not very difficult. Once Hunger Overhaul is added this will change slightly and I am not worrying about food balance at this time.

Thanks!

jroefk9

Jul 29, 2019
I'l test. I like tech, am good with mods, and can set up a custom instance in the minecraft launcher for the pack.

Marsupilami

Jul 29, 2019
I'l test. I like tech, am good with mods, and can set up a custom instance in the minecraft launcher for the pack.

I added you to the private message conversation containing the Alpha information. Let me know if you have problems viewing it. Please read the message thoroughly :p

Thanks!

Marsupilami

Jul 29, 2019
Mods that my be added in the future are.
- Local Weather and Stormfronts
- Natural Absorption
- Dual Hotbar
- Rougue Like Dungeons
- Ex Astris

Mods that are definately going to be added when they are available, less buggy or when I am ready to add them.
- Hunger Overhaul
- Tinker's Steelworks
- Hardcore Questing

Mods that have been reviewed and will not be added.
- Thaumcraft
- Blood Magic
- Botania
- Necromancy
- Witchery
- Project Red
- Industrial Craft
- Build Craft
- Mekanism
- Forestry
- Galacticraft

Marsupilami

Jul 29, 2019
I wouldnt mind being a alpha tester...

Invite sent. Welcome to the party :p

Please read the entire private message conversation before downloading.

Note to all testers. There is a new version of the mod pack available further down in the private thread. Be sure to grab it.

Thanks!

Jul 29, 2019
This sounds like a cool idea! I'd definitely like to get in on testing this out. I can also record my gameplay and upload it on youtube (my username is the same as it is here).

Status
Not open for further replies.