[1.7.10] [public] Minecraft: The Next Generation 2.2.0

Magzie

Mar 26, 2014
I'd like to suggest a change to the topic layout:
Put the pack code right below the image, in the same style as Minecraft: The Next Generation (its typed wrong there, btw).
Pack code is: mcnextgen Not Minecraft: The Next Generation

al3xthegre4t

Jul 29, 2019
Hey guys did the Mod pack showcase. I showed off the Buildcraft addtion mod and some tinkers. Then did a little walking around the world and showed the dense coal. Should be up loaded in a few hours and i'll post the link. The plan is a LP every Wed till the subs don't want any more videos of it. One thing, is there another way to get Slimes? I was thinking the tinkers took out the slime islands? i for one couldn't find any. Is it possible to change the recipe for the duster to include "ball of glue" so people have 2 options for the recipe?[DOUBLEPOST=1410365601][/DOUBLEPOST]Note: The tinkers new Pattern chest graphic is half invisable. My suggestion in the video is to put it back into the crafting grid and just make the half slab one as it doesn't have graphic error. Unless it is supposed to be partly see through. i don't think that is something that has to do with the pack though.
The oredict slime ball issue should be fixed next update.
The pattern chest issue is one from tinker's. I'll see what I can do about only using the half slab one.

AEnterprise

Jul 29, 2019
yeah, i was thinking of doing an update for the modpack next week if needed (meaning enough mods have updated, no point in updating if only 1 or 2 have updated) not sure if i'll do a BCA release before then but i could put a custom build in the pack

al3xthegre4t

Jul 29, 2019
yeah, i was thinking of doing an update for the modpack next week if needed (meaning enough mods have updated, no point in updating if only 1 or 2 have updated) not sure if i'll do a BCA release before then but i could put a custom build in the pack
I've started an update. And boy is there a few mods to update...
I also wanna add some more minetweaker stuff, which will take a while...

al3xthegre4t

Jul 29, 2019
take your time, i prefer waiting a bit if it means better quality
I eventually gave up trying to do smeltery tweaks for the full 2.0.0 release. The whole thing crashed on me and refused to initialise the script. I hope I can get them working now with a modtweaker update.

Magzie

Mar 26, 2014
i think i would like having to go through BCA first before smelting since i will be doing that anyway? will the dust from BCA smelt in TiCo?

al3xthegre4t

Jul 29, 2019
i think i would like having to go through BCA first before smelting since i will be doing that anyway? will the dust from BCA smelt in TiCo?
The dusts should be AOBD dusts, but they don't seem to register with the smeltery, Ill mine tweak that for next update :D

Magzie

Mar 26, 2014
That is cool for now i can upgrade to the semi duster and feed it straight into a heated furnace. Also i couldn't get the recipe for the heated furnace to come up. Was it locked out for some reason?

The Mod Showcase:

al3xthegre4t

Jul 29, 2019
That is cool for now i can upgrade to the semi duster and feed it straight into a heated furnace. Also i couldn't get the recipe for the heated furnace to come up. Was it locked out for some reason?

The Mod Showcase:

The Heated Furnace is still WIP, textures are missing for some things too.

al3xthegre4t

Jul 29, 2019
I just submitted 2.1.0 to the launcher, this is non recommended. Press "Recommended" on the launcher to reveal a dropdown of versions. Press 2.1.0 and you should be set. The update should be released in the next 24-48 hours. Do not update if you have a world that you'd like to keep. And please make backups!

Changelog can be found here: http://paste.ee/p/GQoM0

al3xthegre4t

Jul 29, 2019
Version 2.2.0 has been submitted to FTB. For people running servers you will need Forge 1230. Changelog coming in a bit

AEnterprise

Jul 29, 2019
WARNING: dimensional anchors got removed due to chunkloading issues (mainly in the nether) so those blocks will disapear so those area's will no longer be chunkloaded

updated changelog and mod list will be posted once i have confirmation the pack update is live

al3xthegre4t

Jul 29, 2019
WARNING: dimensional anchors got removed due to chunkloading issues (mainly in the nether) so those blocks will disapear so those area's will no longer be chunkloaded

I added in ChickenChunks as an alternative. They function far better than the dimensional anchors.

shirilak

Jul 29, 2019
Revive the thread! See about bringing BC 6.4 in!
Dont mean to pester but well. Buildcraft has always been one of my favorite mods in large tech packs and it just seems to get overshadowed and overlooked by so many.
Though I am having a fantastic time on the modpack at the moment. GJ