[1.7.10][Public] MechanicalTitan Pack

magnum_pu

Jul 29, 2019
Thanks for the support

simply jet pack is a no go. There is tons of options for flight in this pack already. Reika's Mods i have discussed before on here. Love the mods and they are fairly well written but i have decided to go without. I might change my mind though, i have already received permissions for it. Nuclear control i will consider. Its a nice feature i would definitely tweak it though.

I understand. We remove all early creative flight abilities from our server because they makes things too easy. Simply Jetpacks is a good balanced flight option for the early game though. Nuclear Control would be great! Thanks for taking it into consideration. Reika's mods aren't that important because there are already a ton of tech mods, but I look at it as 'why not?' Just more options for players to try and enjoy :) Thanks for the reply.

Archimedes ships is fun also, but I know of the problems it has with other mods during flight. We had it in our pack, I had to blacklist many items, like micro-parts and a few others from touching anything Archimedes. So it may not be an option for a public pack like yours, however they can be very interesting and add some neat options for server games, contests, etc.

Reactions: Brizzle

darkraven87

Jul 29, 2019
I understand. We remove all early creative flight abilities from our server because they makes things too easy. Simply Jetpacks is a good balanced flight option for the early game though. Nuclear Control would be great! Thanks for taking it into consideration. Reika's mods aren't that important because there are already a ton of tech mods, but I look at it as 'why not?' Just more options for players to try and enjoy :) Thanks for the reply.

Archimedes ships is fun also, but I know of the problems it has with other mods during flight. We had it in our pack, I had to blacklist many items, like micro-parts and a few others from touching anything Archimedes. So it may not be an option for a public pack like yours, however they can be very interesting and add some neat options for server games, contests, etc.
i wont be adding Archimedes ships, i love reika's mods but the mods are really heavy and the pack is already a monster to run as is you really should not need a super computer to run minecraft lol and simply jetpacks are not so needed i have played with them and i like them but there is so much flight in this pack even really early flight so i dont see the need at all i will think on it and talk to brizzle about it some more

Reactions: magnum_pu

magnum_pu

Jul 29, 2019
i wont be adding Archimedes ships, i love reika's mods but the mods are really heavy and the pack is already a monster to run as is you really should not need a super computer to run minecraft lol and simply jetpacks are not so needed i have played with them and i like them but there is so much flight in this pack even really early flight so i dont see the need at all i will think on it and talk to brizzle about it some more

True, however it already takes a good bit of power to load up the pack. 64bit java and 3GB of ram at the least for good preformance. I saw your post about fastcraft the other day and tried it out. This works great! I also added FPSPlus and OptiLeaves for 1.7.10. I hit 100-300 fps on a normal world with no stutters. Before I was only getting 30-160 fps with stutters. Maybe adding these 3 things to the pack would be beneficial, they don't seem to conflict with anything and they require nothing from players. Optifine isn't an option with all of the mods, so these things are the last chance for a cool cpu and less-then crippled fps imo haha

I'd like to apologize if I seem to be trying to tell you guys how to run your pack. I promise I'm not :) just throwing my 2cents.

darkraven87

Jul 29, 2019
True, however it already takes a good bit of power to load up the pack. 64bit java and 3GB of ram at the least for good preformance. I saw your post about fastcraft the other day and tried it out. This works great! I also added FPSPlus and OptiLeaves for 1.7.10. I hit 100-300 fps on a normal world with no stutters. Before I was only getting 30-160 fps with stutters. Maybe adding these 3 things to the pack would be beneficial, they don't seem to conflict with anything and they require nothing from players. Optifine isn't an option with all of the mods, so these things are the last chance for a cool cpu and less-then crippled fps imo haha

I'd like to apologize if I seem to be trying to tell you guys how to run your pack. I promise I'm not :) just throwing my 2cents.
unfortunately we cant redistribute fast craft not too sure on the other mods and i run the pack with 2GB ram :p but lots of JVM arguments this pack is also java 8 ready as of version 2.0.14 java 8 is real nice imo. I dont take suggestions as someone trying to run our pack so dont worry about that

magnum_pu

Jul 29, 2019
I was trying to use your splash image to advertise your pack on my website but it was too small, so I created one with a 1920x1080 resolution to scale to any size. Feel free to use it if you want:
http://imgur.com/WQXX8Rn,P5dnJim#1 Took a screenshot from a game called Hawken and messed with the color values.

Reactions: darkraven87

diotheking

Jul 29, 2019
I needed to do a reinstall of the FTB launcher and now when I try to add you pack It is tilling me Invalid Private Pack.
I have tried MechanicalTitan "MechanicalTitan" both with upper and lower case and still the same. Am I missing something?
Thanks

Brizzle

Jul 29, 2019
I needed to do a reinstall of the FTB launcher and now when I try to add you pack It is tilling me Invalid Private Pack.
I have tried MechanicalTitan "MechanicalTitan" both with upper and lower case and still the same. Am I missing something?
Thanks
That should be right hmmm[DOUBLEPOST=1414465450][/DOUBLEPOST]
I was trying to use your splash image to advertise your pack on my website but it was too small, so I created one with a 1920x1080 resolution to scale to any size. Feel free to use it if you want:
http://imgur.com/WQXX8Rn,P5dnJim#1 Took a screenshot from a game called Hawken and messed with the color values.
Yeah sadly ftb it was made for the launcher that requires 420x200. Pixelixation happen if I made it large and shrunk it. Thanks for the support.

magnum_pu

Jul 29, 2019
Not sure if this has been an issue for anyone else trying to create a server with this pack but I have found an issue. The colorchat mod is a client-side mod, however it is found in the zip downloaded as 'server' from the FTB launcher. I had to remove colorchat from my server's mods because it disconnected any player who tried to chat whilst in the mods folder. I'm not sure if waila needs to be in the server's side either.

darkraven87

Jul 29, 2019
Not sure if this has been an issue for anyone else trying to create a server with this pack but I have found an issue. The colorchat mod is a client-side mod, however it is found in the zip downloaded as 'server' from the FTB launcher. I had to remove colorchat from my server's mods because it disconnected any player who tried to chat whilst in the mods folder. I'm not sure if waila needs to be in the server's side either.
im guessing you use cauldron[DOUBLEPOST=1414551650][/DOUBLEPOST]it is a server side mod

MegaRaja54321

Jul 29, 2019
we have anvils made out of steel now so that's what you will get from old anvils. It's intended DarkRaven forgot we did that :p

Also if you can put exploits in the github so we can keep track of them that would be awesome![DOUBLEPOST=1414075329][/DOUBLEPOST]For those interested here is a little teaser of the 2.1.15 pack update I'm working on
461a30b4bf4bfa9e7825e56929423987.png
[DOUBLEPOST=1414079723][/DOUBLEPOST]Has anyone been playing with 1.9.13?
If you are be sure to fine the Easter egg. Once 2.1.15 is out there will be new Easter eggs and i wont be giving rewards for the old Easter egg.

WHAT IS THIS MAAAAAAADDDDDDNESSSSSS

Loving the pack BTW

Reactions: darkraven87

Brizzle

Jul 29, 2019
How did you know? :)
Yes I am using the latest version of cauldron. I'm guessing cauldron (bukkit/spigot/forge) already does what colored chat does then?
Colorchat is essential a plugin in a mod form. having it as a mod makes it compatable with other mods. Plugins sometimes conflict with mods. Cauldron doesn't like it. Bukkit/spigot is one thing, forge is not the same as those. Colorchat runs using forge

magnum_pu

Jul 29, 2019
Colorchat is essential a plugin in a mod form. having it as a mod makes it compatable with other mods. Plugins sometimes conflict with mods. Cauldron doesn't like it. Bukkit/spigot is one thing, forge is not the same as those. Colorchat runs using forge
Oh I see, I couldn't figure it out myself so I had to have a guy I know who devs cauldron help me out. Thanks I'll have to remember that.

Crimor

Jul 29, 2019
Since you have permission for reikas mods, any chance for at least setting up the config files for them? So people can add them if they want to but it's not mandatory.

Brizzle

Jul 29, 2019
Since you have permission for reikas mods, any chance for at least setting up the config files for them? So people can add them if they want to but it's not mandatory.
We are considering adding a few of Reika's mods to this pack or another. However i will not make configs for mods on in the pack for a few to use. As for adding disabled mods for people to enable, i wont to that to core mods. for maps sure but if i was to add disabled mods i might as well add every mod in existence disabled. Not much of a mod pack at that point im afraid

Last edited:

darkraven87

Jul 29, 2019
reika's mods are not going into the pack so i will not be doing anything with the config settings the mods where never planned for this pack so i have no intention to do anything with the configs