[1.7.10][Public] MechanicalTitan Pack

darkraven87

Jul 29, 2019
we are currently trying to figure out what mod/s are causing the FPS drop as for the crashing NEI seems to be having troubles as soon as we find out whats going on we will let you know

Huene

Jul 29, 2019
Uhm, would this be the place to bring up such issues as severe FPS drops and a completely unplayable environment, on server as well as in single player?

I run modpacks like Monster just fine, 80-100 FPS, stable without Optifine, and when launching the MechTitan pack, i get 3-7 FPS at lowest possible settings, minimal chunk loading, crippled smooth lighting and no particles.
I've been trying things all day, no luck.
1. updated graphics drivers
2. updated Java
3. Force updated the MechTitan pack through the FTB Launcher
4. Uninstalled the FTB Launcher, Wiped the installation directory, and re-installed, downloaded and launched fresh installation of MechTitan.
5. Added some Java args to the launcher, as described by another player on the server.
6. wiped the java args and added the ones from the FTB Forum

after about 12 hours of fiddling with this packs severe FPS challenges, I have nearly given up, as it is, unfortunately, completely unplayable, on a computer that can run a lot of other games and mod-packs at high FPS, yet is crippled to bits by the MechTitan pack.

Any ideas, tips, tricks, args, hints, customizations or otherwise helpful input on these problems are greatly appreciated.
If this post belongs in a completely different forum, feel free to move it.
This is one of the prices for using bleeding edge releases. And why there aren't a lot of .10 packs yet.

That said. This is my kinda pack

Brizzle

Jul 29, 2019
At the moment this is a pack of the latest and greatest stuff so mod leaking it's going to happen. That's the double edge sword of going with the best of the best stuff. Once everything stables out it will be a ton better.

Reactions: Huene

TcMaX

Jul 29, 2019
You have to remove NEI (somehow) or get a version that doesn't crash almost every time you open your inventory, seriously. Otherwise, great pack!

Aobozu

Jul 29, 2019
Uhm, would this be the place to bring up such issues as severe FPS drops and a completely unplayable environment, on server as well as in single player?

I run modpacks like Monster just fine, 80-100 FPS, stable without Optifine, and when launching the MechTitan pack, i get 3-7 FPS at lowest possible settings, minimal chunk loading, crippled smooth lighting and no particles.
I've been trying things all day, no luck.
1. updated graphics drivers
2. updated Java
3. Force updated the MechTitan pack through the FTB Launcher
4. Uninstalled the FTB Launcher, Wiped the installation directory, and re-installed, downloaded and launched fresh installation of MechTitan.
5. Added some Java args to the launcher, as described by another player on the server.
6. wiped the java args and added the ones from the FTB Forum

after about 12 hours of fiddling with this packs severe FPS challenges, I have nearly given up, as it is, unfortunately, completely unplayable, on a computer that can run a lot of other games and mod-packs at high FPS, yet is crippled to bits by the MechTitan pack.

Any ideas, tips, tricks, args, hints, customizations or otherwise helpful input on these problems are greatly appreciated.
If this post belongs in a completely different forum, feel free to move it.
I am running it at 307 fps... well... did u tried updating ur java, videodrivers, java libraries, and sutch?

Aobozu

Jul 29, 2019
At the moment this is a pack of the latest and greatest stuff so mod leaking it's going to happen. That's the double edge sword of going with the best of the best stuff. Once everything stables out it will be a ton better.
You cant always get what u want xD

Brizzle

Jul 29, 2019
You have to remove NEI (somehow) or get a version that doesn't crash almost every time you open your inventory, seriously. Otherwise, great pack!
You can do that personally if you want. Next update there will probably be a new nei

Huene

Jul 29, 2019
Has anyone had any luck changing your Carpenters Blocks Smoothness to anything above 2? would love to bump it up but it just seems to make the player bounce

Chubbs579

Jul 29, 2019
Hello Brizzle, I was wondering if I could make quests for this pack. I'm also wondering what tier of a pickaxe I have to get after iron, it says it's mining level is "iron" but I haven't tested to see if it can mine redstone. I've looked through most of the Tinkers' Construct pickaxes and I haven't found any new tier I can get to.

Enolamron

Jul 29, 2019
Hello Brizzle, I was wondering if I could make quests for this pack. I'm also wondering what tier of a pickaxe I have to get after iron, it says it's mining level is "iron" but I haven't tested to see if it can mine redstone. I've looked through most of the Tinkers' Construct pickaxes and I haven't found any new tier I can get to.

Easiest way is to just pump water and lava in to a smeltery valve to make obsidian. Then you just pour it in to a basin to make obsidian blocks. Once you have that you are all set with obsidian tools. You should be able to skip right to obsidian as soon as you get a smeltery up and running.

Reactions: darkraven87

darkraven87

Jul 29, 2019
Easiest way is to just pump water and lava in to a smeltery valve to make obsidian. Then you just pour it in to a basin to make obsidian blocks. Once you have that you are all set with obsidian tools. You should be able to skip right to obsidian as soon as you get a smeltery up and running.
this is a great work around that i will be nerfing :p hehe good job on the inventive way around it though nice one

darkraven87

Jul 29, 2019
So here is an idea i never thought of Mech Titan to have HQM as its not really a hardcore pack but here is an idea i would run with and that is using HQM as a tutorial for different mods not to the very end game stuff but a way to get started but without rewards just using it as a tutorial what do you guys think? if this is a thing people want then i will need peoples help for e.g if you are great at a mod for e.g like thaumcraft then you could submit quests then that would 1 help me out on mods i don't know and 2 be a fun thing we can do as a community let me know how you feel on this and we will see where it goes :)

polkziggy

Jul 29, 2019
Sounds like a good idea. There's alot of mods in this pack that are new or like new with all the changes. Having the option of a tutorial-esque quest line would be helpful and fun.