[1.7.10] [Post apocalyptic] Don't Forget

• FTB will be shutting down this forum by the end of July. To participate in our community discussions, please join our Discord! https://ftb.team/discord

raresmocanu

Jul 29, 2019
Don't Forget
LhIARc6.png

(i am Swadian,this account has my old Username-to-use)
When I was browsing through the packs on the FTB launcher after playing Metro 2033 and watching Stalker (the 1979 movie) I was unhappy with the post apocalyptic packs that I was offered. So,after learning to use HQM ,this was born.
  • The inspiration comes from Regrowth,Agrarian skies and a long list of games,movies and books. I classified a good pack as having:
-Good map,done with the wasteland mod
-Good mod compatibility,usually done through tweakers,here done through a smaller mod list
-Good storyline,hopefully this qualifies

After minecraft forums decided to delete my last pack's page,I moved to FTB launcher.Now this pack can be downloaded under the code FearTheFuture

The Mod list is as such:
  • Agricraft
  • AOBD
  • Chicken Chunks
  • Chisel
  • Damage indicators
  • Tinkers construct
  • Extra TiC
  • TiC tooltips
  • Gravestones
  • HQM (of course)
  • Sync
  • Mekanism (better than any other tech mod)
  • Opis (best map)
  • NEI with Nei Addons,NEI integration and NEResources
  • Pam's Clay Spawn
  • Sound Filters
  • Special AI
  • Camping mod
  • Waila
  • Wasteland mod
  • Default World gen
List excluding dependencies.

The pack is still in Semi WIP.I accept suggestions(except for Smart Moving.Already PM-d Divisor,but he got divided by 0) and bug reports.Quest suggestions are welcome,since the actual ones are a bit rushed
(and few).

I will maintain a spoiler of tips for this,since it is a very hard pack.Untill then,one tip: DON'T PLAY ON HARDCORE.I mean it.You will die.A lot.
And if you wish to truly understand the storyline,google (almost) every quest title and know that the player's ramblings in the quests are actually my own,thus the reason the guy looks like a fragmented mess of mental issues.

spiritofmc

Jul 29, 2019
I am really interested in this pack, and i hope it's good. because i've had some of the same thoughts about a good mod pack.:)

raresmocanu

Jul 29, 2019
I am really interested in this pack, and i hope it's good. because i've had some of the same thoughts about a good mod pack.:)
Even if the quests aren't the best (and that's an understatement IMO) i would still recommend a playthrough, possibly with the hqm ignored.I enjoyed mine.

Last edited:

Green_Razor

Jul 29, 2019
Loaded up your pack and it looks like it could be fun. HQM mode was already enabled (I think), but I had to spawn myself in an HQM book and it was in creation mode. To fix this you need to go into the config folder for hqm, edit "editmode.cfg" with notepad++ or a similar text editor, and change the only setting to "false" instead of "true".

raresmocanu

Jul 29, 2019
Loaded up your pack and it looks like it could be fun. HQM mode was already enabled (I think), but I had to spawn myself in an HQM book and it was in creation mode. To fix this you need to go into the config folder for hqm, edit "editmode.cfg" with notepad++ or a similar text editor, and change the only setting to "false" instead of "true".
Thanks for that.I had kind of a rushed launch thanks to a archaic school system,so i need some beta-testing to be done.I will update it immediatly.

Ilozka

Jul 29, 2019
Hi there!

I have to agree with Green_Razor, The pack is actually fun, but you really have to ignore the Quest book. Some of the rewards are really overpowered, some of them are completely meaningless, most of the quests are not working etc. etc. (The quest book does not recognise the carrot, the heat generator, salt doesnt seem to spawn anywhere (spent like two hours mining for it, doesnt find any and I could go on).

Overall: The selection of modpacks is definitely well thought out and if you have some imagination, it can be really fun, but that HQM! =)

raresmocanu

Jul 29, 2019
I was sure that some of the rewards wouldn't be recognised.The testing was done only for most of the first set.This was my first time using HQM and due to the above-mentioned reasons it was also made in conditions of stress.I am sorry for the inconvenience of the quests.I simply can't solo and reach the level of teams.If anyone is willing to team up with me and do the HQM,it would be really nice. Telling me of a place where i could find such a person would also be very useful.
After playing the listed packs i just realised how retarded my quests are :oops: ...
[edit] Salt is found near lakes,not mining.In vanilla,the lakes found on plains biomes have sand near them.The ones in the wasteland have either sand or salt.And if you want to help me,could you specify any quests you find that don't recognise items?I understand it's the mekanism machines and food that rots.If you find any others you will help me enourmously.Your comment made me realise the almost WIP state of the pack,so there are some updates incoming.

Last edited: