[1.7.10] Pathfinder [Peaceful][HQM][Tech][Adventure][Listed]

Pyure

Not Totally Useless
Aug 14, 2013
Waterloo, Ontario
Also been toying with the idea of starting a new game with mobs on :).
I've been considering the same. I'd want to look around to see if I can find a mod with some sort of futuristic weaponry I could start with though. I like the idea of entering a hostile dimension and blasting things away until I can secure my location.

Limited ammo at start. Get mining ;)

adamich

Jul 29, 2019
* Fixed Tinkers' Armour crash
[/code]
after update tryed again:
java.lang.ClassCastException: tconstruct.armor.items.TravelGlove cannot be cast to tconstruct.library.tools.ToolCore
at com.drullkus.thermalsmeltery.common.plugins.tcon.tools.ModVoidTouch.canModify(ModVoidTouch.java:21)

Travel glove with any redstone in iron forge

Shardiru

Jul 29, 2019
i'm hoping I don't get a "whatever you like" response to this.

Do most people pick a single dimension as their "home" world, or do they consider Pathfinder their home and expand that?

I stuck with my first dim for the entire playthrough, aside from short jumps into two other dims for nether stuff and to finish the Sol quest. Normally I would have expanded the ship into my full time base, but moving that much material with such limited inventory space put me off of doing so. By the time I had unlocked the full inventory, my base was just too big to consider relocating. IE: a 4x4 plot for every single plant type, machines for everything, etc, etc. Also the bug with having to restart the client to change to a different dim put me off using them.

I think in any future playthroughs I do of this pack, I will just cheat in the full inventory unlock trophy. The limited inventory combined with item weights is just overkill IMO. Just my personal view on it anyways, I absolutely hate character inventory management. Even in Skyrim and Fallout games I use mods that vastly increase inventory capacity. I guess I'm just too much of a hoarder...

On that note, maybe the Phoenix Team can make a pack about hoarding all the things?

Pyure

Not Totally Useless
Aug 14, 2013
Waterloo, Ontario
I stuck with my first dim for the entire playthrough, aside from short jumps into two other dims for nether stuff and to finish the Sol quest. Normally I would have expanded the ship into my full time base, but moving that much material with such limited inventory space put me off of doing so. By the time I had unlocked the full inventory, my base was just too big to consider relocating. IE: a 4x4 plot for every single plant type, machines for everything, etc, etc. Also the bug with having to restart the client to change to a different dim put me off using them.

I think in any future playthroughs I do of this pack, I will just cheat in the full inventory unlock trophy. The limited inventory combined with item weights is just overkill IMO. Just my personal view on it anyways, I absolutely hate character inventory management. Even in Skyrim and Fallout games I use mods that vastly increase inventory capacity. I guess I'm just too much of a hoarder...

On that note, maybe the Phoenix Team can make a pack about hoarding all the things?
Good input :)

I dont mind the limited inventory thing. The only thing that irritates me is that NEI doesn't function precisely the same as normal. For instance I can't middle-click to return everything in the crafting grid to my hotbar, nor does shift-direction-clicking seem to push items into the crafting grid (somuchanger)

Its easy to get around the inventory restrictions on day 1 simply by creating a few bags to keep everything in. All you need is two copper/iron/whatever and you can make shears. Leaves can be transformed into string. Makes life a lot easier.

Shino_chan

Jul 29, 2019
Hello :)
I found an EMC infinite loop with the recipe to make blaze rods
1 redstone block (576 emc) + a bowl (not consumed) + a stick (not consumed) = 3 blaze rods (1536 emc each)

Someone Else 37

Forum Addict
Feb 10, 2013
I found a bug in 1.0.2 (I think) with Tinker's Construct and the inventory-limiting mod. If you try to shift-click items into a Tinker Table (the one with a crafting interface) with a chest next to it, the items go into the locked part of your inventory. Sometimes they pop back into your hotbar (which isn't a big problem), but other times they just disappear. I lost some food that way.

airport1000

Jul 29, 2019
Yer I forgot to put the framework, but with that I still can't get it to craft. I have tried a standard crafting table and the clockwork assembler thing (what ever it is called) and still no joy.

It's OK got it sorted now my client was being derpy and not showing the recipe.

egor66

Jul 29, 2019
Captains Log, I awoke to find my self alone, on the the Pathfinder, not too sure how or why I am here, after a quick look around the rather small shuttle I found some interesting machines & a book that seem to be some form of manual, after following the manual I find my self teleported to a world, I first though it was Earth, I have seen some images in the archives green grass, trees, animals, but I soon learned this is not earth but some alien clone of earth, oh the long, long dark night, the dark seems to seep into my very bones & fills me with loneliness & dread, there are things in the darkness I can here them hissing & shambling around, thank the gods I harvest some wood & dug into a hillside for safety or I surely would have perished to these strange beings.

A new day dawns & helps lift the dread I feel, on completing a quick scouting mission I notice there is what seems to be coal, hmm could there be ores & if there are can I find some way to process them into tools & items to help me survive this god forsaken place, maybe the book will help, to work then at least it keeps my mind from dwelling on the creatures in the darkness....

TerraSleet

Jul 29, 2019
I'm having trouble growing nether wart. I tried to plant it straight on soul sand but I'm guessing Agricraft disables it, so I tried putting it on soul sand crops and, while the nether wart plants on crops just fine, it says "This plant cannot grow here"... Is this perhaps an issue with it only wanting to grow in the Nether?
2015-03-17_19.32.21.png

egor66

Jul 29, 2019
I'm having trouble growing nether wart. I tried to plant it straight on soul sand but I'm guessing Agricraft disables it, so I tried putting it on soul sand crops and, while the nether wart plants on crops just fine, it says "This plant cannot grow here"... Is this perhaps an issue with it only wanting to grow in the Nether?

Needs dark room to grow.

C4banchee

Jul 29, 2019
I just updated the modpack and server and now when I try to join I get "Mod rejections [FMLMod : modtweaker2{0.7}] has anybody else got this, and what does it mean? And I get this crash when loading a single player map
Am I the only one to get this error?

KayelGee

Jul 29, 2019
I never got a problem updating and I'm still at my first world.
I've started in 1.0.1. After updating to 1.0.2 the world was unusable so I started a new one because I wasn't that far in. And now updating that to 1.0.3 made the world unplayable again.

McJty

Over-Achiever
Mod Developer
May 13, 2014
twitter.com
I've started in 1.0.1. After updating to 1.0.2 the world was unusable so I started a new one because I wasn't that far in. And now updating that to 1.0.3 made the world unplayable again.

Are you playing server or single player? I also started single player with 1.0.1 and now at 1.0.3. No problems.

McJty

Over-Achiever
Mod Developer
May 13, 2014
twitter.com
McJty, how comfortable should I feel simply updating my Pathfinder's JittyTools? You update faster than the pack does.

Upgrading from 2.62 to 2.63 should be fine. Nothing dramatic changes.

However, I would recommend against using the Energy Extractor as it will probably kill you. I need to tell @Gideonseymour that he better disables that as soon as he goes to 2.63.