[1.7.10] Olivic Mega Modpack - ABANDONED MODPACK DO NOT DELETE THIS THREAD

Hlaaftana

Jul 29, 2019
Welcome to the Olivic Mega Modpack, containing around 200 mods, modified with MineTweaker (using most of the pack InfiTech 2 (http://bit.ly/1NW9GEE) by Jason McRay's scripts and a billion additions to them of my own) to balance most mods with GregTech. This pack does contain Reika's mods RotaryCraft, ReactorCraft and ElectriCraft. If you have a problem with these mods being in the pack, as Reika explained, the blocks do not cause as much lag as other mods' blocks. They will not drop your FPS. By the way, I took all the action needed. All you need to do is to follow the rules.

This modpack is mainly focused on people who want to play with all mods. There's still an option on people who master one mod, but playing all mods are recommended. For those asking for Forestry addons: Binnie's Mods take up a long time to load. Instead, I have put in a mod called Gendustry, with GT Bees. No trees, sorry.
-Add scripts for Tinker's Construct, its addons, CoFH mods and Mekanism
Version 1.0.0 - Launch
Version 1.0.1 - Launcher fixes
Version 1.1.0
- Updated Reika's mods to v6b (v6c for Roc, ReC and DragonAPI)
- Updated EnviroMine to 1.3 build 111
- Updated OpenComputers to 1.5.3.10
- Updated Botania to 1.6 build 173
- Updated Project Red to 4.5.15 build 75
- Updated Mekanism & modules to 8.1.0.215
- Updated Buildcraft to 6.4.7
- Updated Buildcraft-compat to 6.4.2
- Updated Logistics Pipes to 0.8.3 build 113
- Updated Automagy to 0.22.1
- Updated Extra Utilities to 1.2.4a
- Updated Galacticraft Core, Planets and MicdoodleCore to 3.0.11.306
- Updated RFTools to 2.75
- Added ExpandedRedstone
- Removed MekanismTools
- Removed WAILAPlugins
- Removed Enchiridion 2
- Removed VersionChecker
I would seriously appreciate if you give this modpack some love, but there are a couple rules with this modpack. Taken from the modpack description:
NOTE: You must not redistribute ANY mods in this pack, especially not with a price, as ALL of their mod authors agree you should not. If any kind of money is made from the mods, all mod developers denying this action will be contacted.

YouTube monetization must not be enabled on videos entirely focused on the mods RotaryCraft, ReactorCraft, DragonAPI or ElectriCraft. This is because Reika, one of the mod authors, does not want his mods directly being used to monetize videos and earn ad revenue, as mentioned in post #2.

The pack code is OlivicModpack. There is a server included with the modpack as well.

Last edited:

Reika

RotaryCraft Dev
FTB Mod Dev
Sep 3, 2013
Toronto, Canada
sites.google.com
I know what you're thinking. "I can't make YouTube money off of this pack? The hell?" One of the mod authors does not want any players to monetize their videos including any content from the mod.
My rules do not forbid monetizing videos of playing the pack, only monetizing my content directly (which would only include YouTube if the only reason the videos were getting watched was my mods):
Reika's Rules said:
4. My mods may not be used to generate income, either directly from purchases or donations, or indirectly with ad revenue or merchandise, except that which is necessary for maintenance (eg server fees). Ad revenue for YouTube videos of the pack is permitted. Access to my content may not be sold. This includes but is not limited to disabling/banning/locking machines or items so that users must donate to have access to them, and offering packages that include my items. These actions are also expressly forbidden by the MC terms of use.

Hlaaftana

Jul 29, 2019
Version 1.0.1 Changelog

- Thermal Foundation updated to RC7
- Mod Thermal Casting added
- Server .bat fixed
- FTB launcher showing version 1.6.4 fixed
- Description changed to more accurate and less restrictive rules
- A bunch more stuff fixed with the launcher
Update summary: Making the modpack ACTUALLY WORKING

Last edited:

Hlaaftana

Jul 29, 2019
Got the following crash report when trying to start a BOP world.

http://pastebin.com/324A2Hpz

I also get an error for Enviromine stating it's disabled because the version is uncertified.
No idea about the crash, all I get is that Enchiridion has something to do with it and that it's about mod books. I remember BoP worlds not working perfectly with the pack last time I tried them, but I also remember I needed BoP for something. Don't know which Enchiridion is causing the crash. If it's Enchiridion 2, I might remove it but the GT Oregen book will be lost. Tell me if you can recreate the crash without Enchiridion 2. The problem with Enviromine should be fixed after the newest Enviromine update.
V5 of my stuff is out. Update when possible.
Done. Also added ExpandedRedstone. Can't update the pack yet, Internet is so bad that Mediafire isn't even working. I don't even think this message will be up.

EDIT: Can definitely recreate the crash. Not about anything BoP related. It's Enchiridion 2. A sudden fix can be to remove Enchiridion 2.

Last edited:

Sertas

Jul 29, 2019
No idea about the crash, all I get is that Enchiridion has something to do with it and that it's about mod books. I remember BoP worlds not working perfectly with the pack last time I tried them, but I also remember I needed BoP for something. Don't know which Enchiridion is causing the crash. If it's Enchiridion 2, I might remove it but the GT Oregen book will be lost. Tell me if you can recreate the crash without Enchiridion 2. The problem with Enviromine should be fixed after the newest Enviromine update.

Done. Also added ExpandedRedstone. Can't update the pack yet, Internet is so bad that Mediafire isn't even working. I don't even think this message will be up.

EDIT: Can definitely recreate the crash. Not about anything BoP related. It's Enchiridion 2. A sudden fix can be to remove Enchiridion 2.

Thanks for the quick response. Maybe there is an update for Enchiridion2

Hlaaftana

Jul 29, 2019
Thanks for the quick response. Maybe there is an update for Enchiridion2
There might be, but from my understanding the first Enchiridion is crashing with Enchiridion 2, as some of the .java files mentioned in the crash file exist in the first jar, and some in the second. It's not like joshie's gonna add backwards compatibility or anything.

Mahandi

Jul 29, 2019
Same Error here. Fortunaly removing (disabling) Enchiridion2 fixes it :)

Another issue is that loading the Client takes forever because of those lines:
[Client thread/INFO] [STDOUT]: [gregtech.common.GT_Proxy:registerRecipes:1284]: Thingy Name: uraniumPlate !!!Unknown 'Thingy' detected!!! This Object seems to probably not follow a valid OreDictionary Convention, or I missed a Convention. Please report to GregTech Intergalactical for additional compatiblity. This is not an Error, an Issue nor a Lag Source, it is just an Information, which you should pass to me.

Is there any way to "fix" that without waiting for Greg?

Hlaaftana

Jul 29, 2019
Same Error here. Fortunaly removing (disabling) Enchiridion2 fixes it :)

Another issue is that loading the Client takes forever because of those lines:
[Client thread/INFO] [STDOUT]: [gregtech.common.GT_Proxy:registerRecipes:1284]: Thingy Name: uraniumPlate !!!Unknown 'Thingy' detected!!! This Object seems to probably not follow a valid OreDictionary Convention, or I missed a Convention. Please report to GregTech Intergalactical for additional compatiblity. This is not an Error, an Issue nor a Lag Source, it is just an Information, which you should pass to me.

Is there any way to "fix" that without waiting for Greg?
I know exactly what's going on. Don't worry, it's nothing too serious. 4Space sucks at OreDict entries, so GT keeps reporting it. It's not the lines causing the game to load for a long time, it's the large number of mods. It's funny, 170 mods and it's like 4 minutes, 200 mods and it's like 20. My major suspicion is RFTools. Other mods like OpenComputers and Reika's mods which keep posting log messages used to be a suspicion, until I realized they loaded fine with other modpacks.

Hlaaftana

Jul 29, 2019
WARNING: Those who update to 1.0.2 might need to create new worlds. Mekanism has been updated to v8 and the friction boots are missing. If you have chests full of stuff, take screenshots before updating and cheat them in after updating. The update isn't up yet, will be up once I'm done with the Mekanism recipes.

EDIT: Oh, and WAILAPlugins is gone.

Last edited:

Hlaaftana

Jul 29, 2019
Sorry I haven't been able to push any updates, I've been working on mod (might be added as soon as it's done) development and RL stuff has gotten in the way. I'm going to an MUN conference in my own country, so I've been stressed, leading me to be sleepless, therefore I barely got anything done.

Hlaaftana

Jul 29, 2019
NOTE: Will not update Reika's mods to v6, because of a texture bug within RotaryCraft. Cannot report it yet.
EDIT: Took me 4 hours to realize the date..

Last edited:

Reaccon

Jul 29, 2019
Very, very unstable. It took 3 Hours to play 15 min. Than i got a crash. I like the mod's in this pack but, no chance.