[1.7.10] New Mod: Network

QKninja

Jul 29, 2019
Network has a simple philosophy: You shouldn't need to advance down complicated tech trees to accomplish basic tasks.

Using Network is easy: Place two Nexus relatively near each other, then use your Hyperspanner to connect the two, and set them to the correct input / output mode. Shift-clicking on a Nexus with a spanner changes it's mode, and right-clicking adds a connection. Once linked, a Nexus will automatically transport any items from it's inventory to connected the closest connected Nexus.

Curse
Github (MIT license)

Connection between two Nexus, transferring items between chests.
tV9QAmg.png

Various states of Nexus:
ZPPlwGq.png

Various states of hyperspanner:
jnx6OlG.png

Hyperspanner crafting:
9wfhWya.png

Core crafting (default difficulty):
emjzKtv.png

Nexus crafting (default difficulty):
oEKHFia.png

I think these things just look freaking cool, so I put them everywhere.
geDMT3b.png

Modpack permissions: Go for it. Would love to hear from you if you do use it though!

Thoughts? Suggestions?

Last edited:

QKninja

Jul 29, 2019
Was actually wondering, haven't used translocators in a while. Mine aren't as fast as I remember those being, but I wanted to be able to move things just a few blocks away without having to lay down pipe.

QKninja

Jul 29, 2019
It can, so long as the real (accounting for diagonals) distance is less than 16 meters (or whatever you configure it to be)
Sort of a mini-teleport.

QKninja

Jul 29, 2019
Yes! I admit, I haven't had a chance to play with Botania yet, though it looks really interesting. After watching a short video on red string though, I imagine my mechanic works quite similar to that.

RavynousHunter

Jul 29, 2019
Wow, this actually looks pretty nice. I could see it as a very powerful, early method of long-distance (but not cross-dimensional) item transport. Want to transport mining stuff back home, but don't want to hike all the way there? Keep some nexi and chests handy, as well as a hyperspanner, and you can add another node in your network, taking all you stuff to be processed and/or stored! I like it!

Reactions: QKninja

QKninja

Jul 29, 2019
You'll need a lot (range of 16 blocks by default), but they can certainly be daisy-chained together! I can see myself putting them along the vertical component of my mineshaft, so I don't have climb up to have items deposited to a chest / AE network.

RavynousHunter

Jul 29, 2019
Do they work with any inventory (like, say, a RoC grinder or a TE redstone furnace)? I'd assume so, but better safe than sorry, ya know? Also, could you link several exporters to one importer, like a Mekanism ore processing line to an ME interface? If so, that would make it one of the best short-range item transfer methods I've ever seen.

QKninja

Jul 29, 2019
They work with anything that implements IInventory or ISidedInventory (which is most things with inventories). I'm not 100% sure I'm understanding your question, but if a Nexus has multiple other Nexus to which it's linked, it will send the item to the closest available one. (Available meaning having an empty inventory) Check out the video I added to the description and see if that's what you mean.

Last edited:

Strikingwolf

Jul 29, 2019
You should probably add your own API to it also. That way people who don't want to implement I[Sided]Inventory can be compatible with this

QKninja

Jul 29, 2019
It's on the list! I want mods to be able to define their own "nexus" blocks that can connect to the network.