[1.7.10] New Dawn: A TerraFirmaCraft Modpack

G

gcook725

gaYMAWf.png

A public, unlisted Feed the Beast Modpack

Pack Code: TFCNewDawn​

Dawn rises on a new world, a fresh face, a new person. You have awoken in a land of opportunity, awaiting to be molded by your hands as you journey from the Stone Ages to working with steel. Will you be able to bring civilization to the land?

New Dawn is a modpack centered around the TerraFirmaCraft mod with several addons and mods included. The goal of the pack is to enhance gameplay while still staying true to the feel of the TerraFirmaCraft world; as such there are not technology or magical progression mods included in this modpack. The two main mods that are featured that are not directly TerraFirmaCraft related are the Ships Mod and Waystones, both of which have Minetweaker scripts included so that they are compatible with TerraFirmaCraft.

This pack contains Fastcraft, by Player, enabled by default. Fastcraft enhances Minecraft with increased performance. Bug reports being made directly to Mod Authors should state Fastcraft is enabled.

This pack contains the following mods by default:

Bihlbo

Jul 29, 2019
From the looks of your mod list, you've achieved the goal to "enhance gameplay while still staying true to the feel of the TerraFirmaCraft world." If I were suggesting someone try out TFC for the first time, I'd point them to this modpack instead of TerraFirmaCraft alone. Thanks for the links to the mods in the list, that's really professional and courteous of you!

Though, I do strongly suggest adding Smart Moving by Divisor. That seems essential for TFC. I also suggest removing Bibliocraft, since the shelves allow you to store tools (which replaces the need for tool racks), and also do not allow for stored worked ingots to cool (which is just straight up cheating).

G

gcook725

From the looks of your mod list, you've achieved the goal to "enhance gameplay while still staying true to the feel of the TerraFirmaCraft world." If I were suggesting someone try out TFC for the first time, I'd point them to this modpack instead of TerraFirmaCraft alone. Thanks for the links to the mods in the list, that's really professional and courteous of you!

Though, I do strongly suggest adding Smart Moving by Divisor. That seems essential for TFC. I also suggest removing Bibliocraft, since the shelves allow you to store tools (which replaces the need for tool racks), and also do not allow for stored worked ingots to cool (which is just straight up cheating).

I pretty much copy/pasted the description the FTB team gave for the modpack which I think included the links for each mod which saves a lot of work when making the post; despite that I probably would've spent the time to put the links for the mods in there (even for the ones whose permissions don't require it) so that people can find information on each mod individually. I know whenever I download a modpack, one of the first things I do is end up looking up the mods I'm using and having a link makes that so much easier.

I can't remember why I didn't use Smart Moving, but I think it was because it had a conflict with Mo' Bends... which I ended up not using anyways. I think there was something about me not being able to get it to work the way I'd wanted it to also... but it might've just been me not being used to it. I'll probably give it a check again and see if its something I would like to add in.

I didn't know that the shelves effectively put the ingots into stasis and prevented them from cooling naturally. after some testing it also kinda freezes perishables such as food (though they will quickly rot away once they enter your inventory again so it is moot). There is a config file for Bibliocraft that allows you to deactivate certain blocks in the mod, so I'll probably upload an updated config file for it that deactivates the shelves and other items whose inventories can contain ingots (such as the cookie jar and framed chest) while still having the options of having the other bibliocraft blocks and items.

You can look for that update in the future once I've had time to play around with Smart Moving.

Reactions: Bihlbo
G

gcook725

Updated to version 1.1.0, adding Smart Moving and removing all inventory items from Bibliocraft for balance reasons.