OpenWorldAddict

Jul 29, 2019
Six7UAJ.jpg

Adventures in Wilderness Survival
Modpack By
pdZQSNp.png

Background Story:
It happened so fast.

One moment you were staring out a viewport on one of the few prestine uninhabited earth-like planets left in galaxy from an interstellar starliner on it's maiden voyage. (it was supposed to be taking you to your new home). The next moment you are running through the vessel with sirens blaring above looking for a lifepod after a tremendous explosion rocks the ship.

And then the next moment you are rocketing down torwards that very same planet a sole occupant of a 20 person lifepod. Then you black out.

When you wake you find yourself on a unfamiliar coastline with no sign of your crashed pod. You realize that you are lost and alone in this strange but familiar new world. The wilderness stretches as far as the eye can see. Rescue is highly unlikely. Even if they came to the planet, finding you would be practically impossible.

You are on your own now, and this place will have to become your new home. You will have to use everything you learned about survival in the wilderness in order to stay alive, and more. You are going to have make a new life for yourself here, tame that wilderness and make your stake on this wild world.

Pack Code:
lostandalone

About this Pack:
This is a peaceful-no magic-low tech wilderness survival modpack heavily influenced by real life. This pack is not just about the day to day struggle to survive, but it is about living alone in the wildrness, building a home for yourself and taming the land to live off of it. Almost all basic aspect of living in a minecraft world has been tweaked to make it more realistic, including the world generation. Tool making is harder, mining is more dangerous, crop farming and animal herding will take more work to produce results. The day/night cycle lasts significantly longer. There is no mini map, no waypoints and no teleportation. You can craft an atlas though to help you find your way. Most importantly you cannot depend of the possibility of finding npc villages to help you, there are none. No one lives in this world, except you. However, your arsenal for house building and decorating have been expanded. You'll encounter more animals in the world, and you can even go on camping trips.

There are currently no-tech mods in this pack. When the Cogs of the Machine mod is done, it will be added to provide some basic forms of automation. I am also considering looking for a mod that allows you to set up a very primitive electric power system, but that is advanced as this pack will get.

Note: the reason why Cogs of the Machine is not in this pack is that the mod is in alpha and the author says he cannot guarantee the stability of the player's world saves when his mod gets updated. You can add it in manually on the FTB Launcher, but be warned that it is at your own risk!

Mod List:
Agricraft
Animals+
Antique Atlas
Aroma Backup
Better Breeds
BiblioCraft
Chisel 2
Decocraft
Default World Generator
Dense Ores
Enviromine
ExtrabiomesXL
Fast Leaf Decay
HarvestCraft
Hunger in Peace.
Hunger Overhaul
Hungry Animals
Iguana Tweaks
JABBA
MrCrayfish Furniture Mod
Natura
Not Enough Items
New Dawn
Harvestcraft
Peaceful Surface
The Camping Mod 2
The Spice of Life
Tinker's Construct
Tinker's Steelworks
Too Much Time
WAILA

This pack is a work in progress. Please let me know if the following things need changing.
amount of time in day/night cycle.
progression of hunger and thirst based on the extended day/night cycle

Credits:

Thanks go to the people who've agreed to test this pack so far including:
sbros1
TheEpic5
starscream3579

I want to thank forum members Braydngem, Bluedog444, Vagaprime, and Fortanano for replying to my request for help to find specific mods for this pack.

Thanks goes to the Feed The Beast Third Party Modpack team for approving this pack and their quick responses to my questions.

Thanks goes to the Feed the Beast team for the excellent launcher and forums that makes all these wonderful modpacks possible.

And of course thanks goes to all the modders who have create a plethora of minecraft mods for us to enjoy.

Lastly thanks goes out to anyone who downloads and tries this pack.

Mods that I am considering adding to the pack on future updates:
Localized Weather and Stormfronts
Diseasecraft
Backpacks
Better Sleeping (adds tiredness)
Cogs of the Wheel (when it is out of alpha), a steam power mod, and Electric Age; combined with Progression to provide a research kind of feel into technology while keeping it low tech. (Cogs of the Wheel is definitely going to be in this pack, the others I am just throwing around ideas.)

Let me know what you think of those future plans and feel free to suggest other mods that enhance the realism of living in the wilds on a low-tech planet.

Last edited:
Reactions: starscream3579

OpenWorldAddict

Jul 29, 2019
Good news. v0.1.1 is now on the launcher
er. Some changes:
Animals+ was added
Peaceful Surface was added for those that don't want to play on peaceful mode. Basically it prevents mobs from spawning anywhere there is not total darkness. That makes the surface mostly peaceful though mobs can wander out from dark places but you won't find tons of mobs on the surface. Again it's just an alternate way to play this pack.
decocraft was added
Dense ores was added
the pack icon is finally on the launcher.

The pack splash image did not make it this update cause it turned out to be wrong file format, so that will be changed in the next update.

I will be creating another thread somewhere so that people can share there screenshots of their wilderness homes with each other. Enjoy the pack with the new changes!

OpenWorldAddict

Jul 29, 2019
Hey Everyone, this OpenWorldAddict here just bringing you a quick update about the development of this pack.

My apologies for not writing soon. Don't worry, this modpack is not dead. I still plan on developing this modpack, but due to circumstances, that development is currently on an extended hiatus while I try to resolve some of the computer issues that I have been having.

Before creating this modpack, my computer was on the fritz. locking out complete input control via the mouse and keyboard from time to time. I found a temporary solution in plugging the mouse and keyboard into another port, and that solution allowed me to create and work on this modpack. However in February, this problem crept back up again and started giving me much angst. At the time I limited myself to not working on things that required heavy mouse usage, including projects like this modpack.

Since the middle of may, the computer has been unusable due to another issue that cropped up. Until I get it fixed, there will be no way for me to due more work on this pack. That fix may come soon. I do want to do more on this pack, I have many plans for it, I need to test the pack out thorougly, something that I was planning on doing in February but when the problems started occuring I could not go on with that plan.

I will keep you posted, but my hope is that in a couple of weeks, my computer will be up and running again, and one of my first priorities when that happens is to put a side some time to work on this pack.

Let me know if any of you have had the chance to play this pack and what your experience with it was like. Feedback will be essential once development resumes.

This is OpenWorldAddict....Out!

Voulge

Jul 29, 2019
I was looking for a challenging, but quiet pack. And I think this will do it.
After the first two hours of gameplay, I might start a new world due to two reasons:
First: I will set the Spice-Of-Life start to about 20 to 30 times eating. Else, I am too forced to take care about food at the beginning too much. (Normally I disable Spice of life, but your modpack makes sense to it.)
Second: I might add Rotary-Craft or Immersive Engineering. But with I do not know, if I am going to use these at all. Just in case ;-)

Thanks for your effort.

Voulge

Jul 29, 2019
Well, I have playing the pack for the weekend, and I am quite pleased :)
But: NPC-Villages do spawn (ie. if you head 600 blocks west from the spawn point of the save that you have in the pack)
I was not able to find hemp, so only the portable crafting of the camping mod made sense
The knapsack of Tinkers Construct is not craftable

Though I installed Rotary Craft, I did not use it XD .. Still I am looking for some more progression, challenge. Maybe Mariculture would do it for me.

Thanks for the pack, I am going to delve into it soon again :)

Reactions: OpenWorldAddict

OpenWorldAddict

Jul 29, 2019
Well, I have playing the pack for the weekend, and I am quite pleased :)
But: NPC-Villages do spawn (ie. if you head 600 blocks west from the spawn point of the save that you have in the pack)
I was not able to find hemp, so only the portable crafting of the camping mod made sense
The knapsack of Tinkers Construct is not craftable

Though I installed Rotary Craft, I did not use it XD .. Still I am looking for some more progression, challenge. Maybe Mariculture would do it for me.

Thanks for the pack, I am going to delve into it soon again :)

Thank YOU so much for trying the pack and for the feedback.

I am very surprised about the npc villagers. I'll have to check that stuff out myself when i get a chance to test. Even so, it still sounds that quite a distance away. Sorry about the problems with the backpacks, i have modtweaker in there but because i really can't script, i haven't been able to change any of the recipes like I originally wanted to. When I resume development of this pack, I may try to find other people to help with the scripting to fix the recipes.

OpenWorldAddict

Jul 29, 2019
I am enjoying the pack a lot due to it being played in Peaceful. I have to ask which mod is adding the gases underground?
Enviromine. It is the same mod this requiring you to drink, adding in the physics engine, etc. It is the biggest realism mod in the pack.

OpenWorldAddict

Jul 29, 2019
News Update: My computer has been fixed and I have been spending the last few days getting things on the computer back up to speed, and It is going to take a bit more work before everything is like it was before. the good thing is that since MultiMC, the launcher i used to build this pack wasn't officially installed, i don't think I will have problems pulling it back up even though I reinstalled windows. I will be doing that later on this week.

I do plan to do a lot of work on this pack now that the computer is fixed. Due to my other responsibilities (my YouTube Channel and Twitch streaming), I won't be able to dedicate huge amounts of time to this, but you should see one update for this pack per month. The next update, v0.1.2 will be submitted by the middle of this month and most likely will be on the launcher by the end of this month or beginning of august. That update will hopefully incluide:

A corrected splash image for the launcher
Inclusion of the Diseasecraft mod
inclusion of the Backpacks mod
inclusion of the Better Sleeping mod
As well as some tweaks to hunger as mentioned by Voulge.

If there is anything else that needs tweaking, please let me know.

This is just a plan for the next update, and none of these features are set in stone. More tweaks can be added, more mods can be included, and if I have problems getting any of the listed mods working, they may not be included. I will make a finalized update notes when the update is on the launcher.

Once I have had a chance to play with it a bit, I am planning on creating a teaser trailer for this pack to place on to YouTube.

Again thanks to all of you who have tried this pack out and given me your feedback. It is invaluable cause it helps me make this pack better.

This is OpenWorldAddict...Out!