[1.7.10] Ingenuity - Are you Ingenious? ---- Where's all the usual mods?!?! o.O

jordsta95

Jul 29, 2019
JqK2WGW.png

Pack code: ingenuity
That font was used so if you are typing it out, you can distinguish letters

Guys, GUYS! Just a second of your time. Version 1.2 seems to have a strange bug, which happens to some people but not all. If you download/update the pack, there's a chance that some older versions of the mods may download - If this is the case, update the FTB Launcher!
Make a quarry, that leads stuff into a pulverizer, which doubles your ores which you then use in all your recipes... Wait? What's that? This pack doesn't have either of them? WHAT!?!

It's time to be ingenious! Use mods you have never used before, or use mods that you have only used a little to their full extent. With awesome, but overlooked, mods such as Millenaire you don't even need machines to get you your wood.

So what's the mod list like?
Aether 2
Applied Energistics 2
Blue Power
Botania
Carpenters Blocks
Code Chicken Core
COFH Core
Doggy Talents
Enhanced Inventories
Ender Pearl Ore
Extra Cells
Extra Utilities
Gilded Games Util
Highlands
Hydraulicraft
In-game wiki mod
Interdiction Pillar
Inventory Tweaks
JABBA
Journey Map
k4lib
Laser Creeper Robot Dino Riders From Space
Mantle
Millenaire
No Mob Spawning on Trees
Not Enough Items
Not Enough Resources
Open Blocks
Open Mods Lib
Open Modular Turrets
PneumaticCraft
QmunityLib
Railcraft
Runic Dungeons
Spawnable Liquids
Tinkers' Construct
The Erebus
Thermal Foundation
TiC Tooltips
WAILA
"Oh Tinkers, I will just use that for ore doubling, no biggy" YES BIGGY! You can't do that either. This has been done to try and get you to think outside the box, there are other ways in the pack to double your ores, but you will have to find them out on your own. The only reason TiCon was added is because the tools are some of the best tools in modded minecraft, in my opinion, and I know a lot of people need them nowadays.

The pack does not contain any recipes changes, as a lot of these mods are going to be new to some people, including myself, which means that it would be hard to judge balance (when creating the pack) but also a false representation of how the mod is meant to be progressed.
Although, I may add an optional integration thing later on, for now the mods are shipped with mainly default recipes with a few config options changed to make the pack more balanced.

Now on to the obligatory why I made this pack, and why I think you should too...
It seems every pack nowadays contains at least one of the following mods:
Thermal Expansion, Thermal Dynamics, EnderIO, Thaumcraft, or Blood Magic.
I am not saying there is anything wrong with those mods, they are all very good mods. But I feel it's time to play a pack where there's mods that don't get the same amount of love, but are equally as cool. I was hesitant to add Botania, as that is a staple mod, but I don't think I could deal with the lack of speed boosts that Botania adds.
As for Extra Utilities/Open Blocks, they are there because although they are common, with the right things disabled they are only adding useful stuff like a new dimension purely for mining, and a few other little toys to play with. So nothing major.
So why should you play it? Because it's different! I am not going to try to convince you any more than that. If you have read everything so far and thought "That sounds cool" then great, or "This could be interesting" PERFECT!
If you have got to this point and still need convincing, either read what other people tell you, or leave it alone. If you are the sort of person who will play a pack, and say "This pack really needs EnderIO" or "I think Thaumcraft is missing from this pack", then this isn't the pack for you.
Not much else I can say.

As with anything I do, if you make a video (series) of/stream this pack, send me the link, and you will have earned yourself a subscriber/follower, and also a prime time spot on the thread ;)
Current LP's:
@l33tjedi 's

@Magzie

Last edited:

bwillb

Jul 29, 2019
I was hesitant to add Botania, as that is a staple mod, but I don't think I could deal with the lack of speed boosts that Botania adds.
Why not Witchery? It's less of a staple than Botania, and offers its own speed boosts and such down the line.

jordsta95

Jul 29, 2019
Why not Witchery? It's less of a staple than Botania, and offers its own speed boosts and such down the line.
Because since the Vampires/Werewolves, it has become more common, but also has a lot of powerful stuff.

jordsta95

Jul 29, 2019
HeyO! Finally heard back from the final mod dev, all ready to go :)
Added the pack code to the OP :)

rousade

Jul 29, 2019
Jord what about magical crops? its a cool farm mod and its not like a usual mod, and it would be cool a farm mod on the pack

jordsta95

Jul 29, 2019
Jord what about magical crops? its a cool farm mod and its not like a usual mod, and it would be cool a farm mod on the pack
I would do if it didn't negate the need to go mining, and stuff.
It has a place in some packs, but personally I don't think it will go here