[1.7.10]Incompetence, A Smeltery Based Pack[Custom Ore Processing][Code: INCOMPETENCE]

jdog1408

Jul 29, 2019
REPORT ALL ISSUES(Even if you think it is a problem with a mod) DIRECTLY TO ME. I have highly modified mods with scripts and config changes. So please contact me with a crash report or bug and I will forward it to the appropriate dev(s) if need be.

Incompetence is a modpack for 1.7.10 that has highly custom game play. Mainly that ores are more common but each ore block gives 8mB on average(That is 1/18 of an ingot or 1/2 of a nugget.) A few metals give more but these are ones with special abilities. It has a unique in-game guide(Using HQM w/o any quests) to things that have been changed along with some tips to get started. It will even have an in-game change log to help with your endeavors. Now back to the smeltery, it is your ONLY way to process ore and the 2 main mods are metallurgy and TiCon.

The smeltery will smelt ores relatively quickly but is still much less efficient and will burn through your lava(Pun Intended). But don't worry you can make native clusters(With AOBD) and get up to 4x the metal per ore and be more efficient with your lava.

Aside from this progression change, food will be more scarce. Requiring Agricraft which is more expensive and has fast growing weeds, though they will not take over your crops. Your tools have a leveling system that starts off easily but greatly increases in difficulty to level up at higher levels.

Open Beta on FTB launcher with the code: INCOMPETENCE

-Sent from a Potato with an Interface

Last edited:

jdog1408

Jul 29, 2019
I wanna do something with armor but not entirely sure. I kind of want to make Travelers' armor a little bit better. Maybe more protection and an extra modifier slot so that you can put more moss on each piece?

Reactions: CrusherTechnologies

jdog1408

Jul 29, 2019
I'll edit this reply soon to show people the (Metallic)resources I got from what I call the equivalent of a decent mining trip, I gave my self the highest tier hammer and mined for about 15-20 minutes. But I'm not at my computer right now and won't be until later tonight. I'm thinking there pretty low but wanna see what you guys think.
The numbers represent how much of each material I got after melting down the ore they I collected, add all the numbers to get the total, they are in the format of:
Ingots
Nuggets
mB(144 = 1 ingot, 16 = 1 nugget)

Example: Iron
5 Ingots
+5 Nuggets
+0 mB
2016-02-01_18.53.00.png

Last edited:
Reactions: CrusherTechnologies
D

Devexia

When do you think the pack will come out? I'm pretty excited for it, you seem to put quite a lot of work for it:D

jdog1408

Jul 29, 2019
When do you think the pack will come out? I'm pretty excited for it, you seem to put quite a lot of work for it:D
Well, I'm someone that got tired of "Kitchen Sink" packs but didn't think you needed HQM for a unique experience. The irony that I still used it for a completely different purpose is funny but it is just a guide. And after the Beta release I'll be overhauling ExU and removing features and items from mods that don't fit the theme or may cause problems with progress. And I'd say by next weekend I should have something stable but I can give the link to the "Super Alpha" as soon as I get home, if you wanna share your opinion on Ore Gen and the smeltery and see if it's a good balance. Just remember that Metallic ores should be quite a bit more difficult to come across. Because that's something I could definitely hear more opinions about. I mean I've done other things but nothing quite as complete or official as this functionality of the pack.

jdog1408

Jul 29, 2019
Ok, the Healing Axe is a lot more expensive now.
And would people be more interested in Hunger Overhaul or Spice of Life?

jdog1408

Jul 29, 2019
Just submitted it for the official Alpha Release, will tell you as soon as I can if they approve it. :)

Fortanono

Aug 25, 2015
Spice of Life + Harvestcraft would be cool, but I'd like something different from it. Maybe have it only decrease eating speed, but it wears out after an absolutely massive amount of foods?

Reactions: jdog1408

jdog1408

Jul 29, 2019
Had some issues with permission(Derpy me misread the persmission sheet). But resent it in, and current version is not final so expect world resets when it goes to beta, but I will try to keep worlds when I go from beta to official release. And this version still has Hunger Overhaul but I will start working on Spice of Life. Also once this pack leaves it's experimental stages I'll move it to a thread in Third Party Packs, but this will be a while.

jdog1408

Jul 29, 2019
So, complaints comments or concerns for the next update? It seems like a lot modders have dropped 1.7.10 so I'm not entirely sure how much I can do with specific mods if I didn't cause the issue with configs and scripts.

jdog1408

Jul 29, 2019
Or compliments I'll take those too. And I'll start working on the spice of life. I think I'll go no loss on amount of hunger from food, but still have saturation go down by quite a bit. But I'll make the food history shorter so you don't need to cycle through foods too often.

Robijnvogel

May 8, 2013
I like your modpack idea, because it makes the game harder without focusing on mobs and combat, which is absolutely not Minecraft's specialty. Some people tend to forget that.
I'll take a look at your non-"Kitchen Sink" pack if you'll take a look at mine. You can skip the introduction if you don't like reading.

Reactions: jdog1408

jdog1408

Jul 29, 2019
I like your modpack idea, because it makes the game harder without focusing on mobs and combat, which is absolutely not Minecraft's specialty. Some people tend to forget that.
I'll take a look at your non-"Kitchen Sink" pack if you'll take a look at mine. You can skip the introduction if you don't like reading.
I see that you have the similar issue I have, where I don't think I play enough to see if the progression is good. So I want(need?) other peoples feedback because I don't know what 1 hour of mining will get you because I don't have time for that. But with a break coming up I'll be able to work on it. Or do non computer things, because modpacks and games are fun but I like the outdoors as well.