[1.7.10] How do I control oregen from mods that don't have config options?

• Please make sure you are posting in the correct place. Server ads go here and modpack bugs go here

Ieldra

Popular Member
Apr 25, 2014
I'm putting together a pack (for my own use) and I've been going through the mods and adapting their ore generation to my preferences, by having cofh disable vanilla oregen, disabling oregen in the mods' config files and letting CondensedOres take control of all ore generation instead.

There remains one mod that hasn't got config options to disable its oregen: Ars Magica 2. Is there any way to disable its oregen nonetheless, so that I can make AM2 ores generate in larger veins instead?

Pyure

Not Totally Useless
Aug 14, 2013
Waterloo, Ontario
I did a brief googling, and I see references to being able to disable AM2 oregen in specific dimensions and/or biomes. You're confident you cannot actually do it via configs?

Ieldra

Popular Member
Apr 25, 2014
I did a brief googling, and I see references to being able to disable AM2 oregen in specific dimensions and/or biomes. You're confident you cannot actually do it via configs?
You can turn off *all* worldgen in specific dimensions. I haven't tried that because I suspect it would also turn off Witchwood Forest biomes. Maybe it's worth a try...

Pyure

Not Totally Useless
Aug 14, 2013
Waterloo, Ontario
You can turn off *all* worldgen in specific dimensions. I haven't tried that because I suspect it would also turn off Witchwood Forest biomes. Maybe it's worth a try...
Ah ok. That might give you a backdoor workaround though if you can find a method to re-add the Witchwood Forest biome.

Ieldra

Popular Member
Apr 25, 2014
Ah ok. That might give you a backdoor workaround though if you can find a method to re-add the Witchwood Forest biome.
What can I say. It worked. The option doesn't affect biome generation. Stupid me. I might've tried that before bothering the forum. Thanks for the reminder - I'm configuring so many mods that I didn't recall what exactly the problem was.

Reactions: Pyure