[1.7.10] Frostfall - 0.9.0

Erik3003

Jul 29, 2019
I played your pack for a few hours now. And the energy-puzzle is nice. It took a while for me to recognize, that I do not want to dig for aluminium anymore - there must be another solution for HV-Wires ... and you provided one :)

About the Tunnel Bore of Railcraft. It is far more slow, than digging myself. And it is not able to place tracks on top of Fossil-Mod-Blocks (i.e. Permafrost-Block). It gets stuck.

About Open Computers ... I have no idea, where to find the instructions or . So, after having enough steam to power the computer, I have no obvious goal.

Nonetheless, I like the idea of this pack. And its mood. I am going to play it a little longer, maybe I missed a clue ;-)

The OpenComputer quest was removed on update 0.8.0, in favor of world seeds. It will be re-added in the next updated using custom floppy disks, but that may take some time... The tunnel bore is faster, even with the iron drill head, but not much faster, I may tweak block breaking once again. For new goals I recommend you to craft an Achievement book, it has some interesting tasks for you ;)

Thanks for the feedback!

Erik3003

Jul 29, 2019
Can I get the frostfall mod outside of this pack?
Can I use it in my own pack?
You could, but you shouldn't. The only way you could use Frosfall would be by copying my pack. Frostfall is configured to be height and depth based with a higher surface, it isn't a generic temperature system.

A

Anbang11

Heh, temperature system.... I downloaded this pack, because I like the idea of spamming tons of tor-- I mean jack-o-lantern or lava on a freezing world.
These fogs are a little bit annoying, the mist thingy is also a little bit annoying. Can it be optional?
The temperature system is just much more forgiving than the Crash Landing modpack does.
Gotta start the food farm quickly. I can say this modpack looks good from the first ten minutes of gameplay.

Last edited:
S

SirStudMuffin

Can you please tell me how this is different to Hypovolemia in its core gameplay?