[1.7.10] Extracted Eras-Bringing you modded nostalgia

Bluedog444

Jul 29, 2019
image.jpg

The Extracted Eras Pack aims to bring back the great mods of the past and merge them with new updated mods. This packs takes the best mods from 1.2.5, 1.4.7 and the modern modding scene.

This pack contains Fastcraft, by Player, enabled by default. Fastcraft enhances Minecraft with increased performance. Bug reports being made directly to Mod Authors should state Fastcraft is enabled.

FTB PackCode: ExtractedEras

Features:
Has the classic IC2
Includes Hexcraft (Inspired by XYCraft)
Has ProjectE (Remake of EE2)
Includes teleport pipes from 1.2.5
Has Project Red (Remake of Redpower)
Has TechReborn (Remake of the Classic gregtech)
Includes thaumcraft and ars magica for all you mage,wizard and witching needs

Note:
TechReborn configs has been adjusted to just add machines to the game not make recipes harder

Inspired By:
FTB Ultimate
FTB Retro
Tekkit Classic
Yogscast Complete

Planned Features:
Classic Forestry Farms

Silly Little Details from classic modded Versions that I probably shouldn't have wasted my time on:

dQyHxbV.png

The "Redpower" Indigo Flowers are back!

d5tSSen.jpg

The giant RubberTrees are back!

01DEl4g.png

Yes I even changed the name back to Nikolite and added the Emc.

89241d3056d166c355b84a37f694bc72.png

Flax is String!

What covers what versions?

Classic IC2
Project E (EE2)
Project Red (Redpower)
Project Red Extended (Extras like rubber trees and FLAX!)
Hexcraft (XYCraft from FTB Ultimate)
TechReborn (Gregtech from FTB Ultimate)
Classic IC2
Project Red (Redpower)

Links:
Mods List Here
Twitter Here
Website Here

Feel free to ask questions, submit bugs or send me feedback in the comment section below!

Last edited:

pikminman13

Jul 29, 2019
Only one thing is missing for the real classic experience- get rid of RF for MJ (Don't bother, unless you really want to, just saying that because you know as well as i do that MJ was the stuff back then). Other than that, I like the idea!

jroefk9

Jul 29, 2019
One thing that might be cool is if you changed recipes so the progression goes in order of the old mods. So like start with classic IC2 maybe and work your way up to Immersive Engineering. Maybe make Equivalent Exchange last anyway, though, since it is extremely over powered. Just an idea. Looks cool anyway. I might give it a shot.

pikminman13

Jul 29, 2019
One thing that might be cool is if you changed recipes so the progression goes in order of the old mods. So like start with classic IC2 maybe and work your way up to Immersive Engineering. Maybe make Equivalent Exchange last anyway, though, since it is extremely over powered. Just an idea. Looks cool anyway. I might give it a shot.
Honestly I think EE should be left alone, just make power flowers lategame. I do like turning a diamond into a lot of building material.

Reactions: RedBoss

dingox3

Jul 29, 2019
I seem to be having an issue with the FTB launcher. There doesnt seem to be any mods in the download. I downloaded the server and all the mods seem to be there though.

Bluedog444

Jul 29, 2019
I seem to be having an issue with the FTB launcher. There doesnt seem to be any mods in the download. I downloaded the server and all the mods seem to be there though.

There is currently an issue regarding the download. Keep an eye out on this thread or on the FTB subredit for an update to when its fixed. :)

Bluedog444

Jul 29, 2019
Honestly I think EE should be left alone, just make power flowers lategame. I do like turning a diamond into a lot of building material.

The energy collecters require a nether star just the add balance to the pack and the condencer is slightly harder. Most of the other things are the same. :)

pikminman13

Jul 29, 2019
So I found a bug that is kinda big, when i look up a recipe in NEI the game crashes. I am using the ATLauncher version, but I couldn't find a place to put it there or a list of known bugs.

immibis

Jul 29, 2019
Is there already a mod that brings back classic Forestry farms? I've been thinking of updating them for a while, but never got around to it.

Also, the 1.2-1.4 era didn't have WAILA, or all the extra information in item tooltips (like EMC values). If you wanted to know how much EMC something had, you put it in your transmutation table.

Bluedog444

Jul 29, 2019
So I found a bug that is kinda big, when i look up a recipe in NEI the game crashes. I am using the ATLauncher version, but I couldn't find a place to put it there or a list of known bugs.

Hi. Thanks for submitting this issue however I no longer support the AT Launcher version. For the most stable and up to date version please use the FTB launcher. Sorry for the inconvenience.

Bluedog444

Jul 29, 2019
Is there already a mod that brings back classic Forestry farms? I've been thinking of updating them for a while, but never got around to it.

Also, the 1.2-1.4 era didn't have WAILA, or all the extra information in item tooltips (like EMC values). If you wanted to know how much EMC something had, you put it in your transmutation table.

Yes covers is working on a mod called Legacy farms. Its early days still but should be stable soon.

I didn't know about the values (I could all ways remember them even in 1.2.5). I'm not going to remove them anyway as they're helpful.Plus the pack aims to combine the old with the new. ;)

immibis

Jul 29, 2019
Only one thing is missing for the real classic experience- get rid of RF for MJ (Don't bother, unless you really want to, just saying that because you know as well as i do that MJ was the stuff back then). Other than that, I like the idea!
They work pretty much the same way; the name *could* be changed but there's no real reason to.

Apart from the actual mechanics though, there was a big difference - there were no visible numbers with MJ! Everything was very approximate and handwavy, kind of like Botania is now. (There were also no numbers for fluids, and the only numbers for EU were in the battery block GUIs and the EU-reader)

Bluedog444

Jul 29, 2019
They work pretty much the same way; the name *could* be changed but there's no real reason to.

Apart from the actual mechanics though, there was a big difference - there were no visible numbers with MJ! Everything was very approximate and handwavy, kind of like Botania is now. (There were also no numbers for fluids, and the only numbers for EU were in the battery block GUIs and the EU-reader)

For me to do anything like that. I think I would need the mod/s to be rewritten.

RandomCOD

Jul 29, 2019
Hey Bluedog, additional pipes needs to be updated to 4.7.1 to fix the gui on teleport pipes not opening

Bluedog444

Jul 29, 2019
No more updates will be released for 1.7.10 and the pack will not be updated to 1.8.

If you would like to maintain and update this pack them please PM me.

Thanks to all that have Installed and enjoyed the pack!