[1.7.10]Death of Sinks(Updated~16/05/24)

If you have played this pack, did you find it worthwhile?

• Maybe

Votes: 0 0.0%
  • No

Votes: 0 0.0%
  • Yes

Votes: 1 100.0%

• Total voters

DeathOfTime

Jul 29, 2019
World Reset WARNINGs:
updating to v.1605100408 (reset is required)

DeathOfTime (i.e "reader" on the minecraft forum, "MaxContagion" on Curse, and "MrGrimm" in minecraft) presents their first public pack. Death Of Sinks. A kitchen sink pack with a rather random unorganized theme. Mostly about having fun. It can currently be found on the Curse Launcher.

I consider the pack to be mostly finalized for mods. I still have things I want to work on and change though. A current list of notes can be found HERE (It contains a up to date change log, and a current modlist). It also has a Curse page as well as a Curse Forge page. That is a lot of different place to keep up to date. The spreadsheet will most likely be the current and accurate page though.

Many of the configuration files have been changed in some way. From little things like disabling all villages to truly huge game changers like adding most the minecraft plants to grass drops. If I thought it might be interesting to change a true to false (or visa versa) I have done so. I even adjusted some numbers. So far everything seems to work. Considering the minimal testing I have done though it isn't likely to hold true for the all the pack.

Notable world generation changes:

• Applied Energestic's meteors are disabled.
  • Botania flowers are disabled.
  • Buildcraft oil wells doesn't generate.
  • MFR rubber trees don't generate.
  • MFR sewage pits and sludge pits are disabled.
  • Villages are disabled.
  • Realistic world type has a lot of caves (major understatement) (Had to tone that down. No enemies were close enough for the player to feel threatened. They are now at vanilla size and frequency. Which is still higher then standard RTG)
Other changes of note:
  • Logistic pipes don’t need power.
  • Lowered power used by the Dimensional Transceiver.
  • Most vanilla plants drop from long grass.
  • Open Computer’s uses LuaJ by default.
Recipe Changes I remember:
  • Blaze Rods can be crafted with blaze powder and sticks (this should make Garden of Glass slightly easier to progress in (removed garden of glass. Though you can be re-add it no problem)
  • Rubber saplings can be crafted with a sapling and slime ball
  • Water and milk in a refinery will produce oil.
  • AE presses and sky stone have recipes
  • The compass has a easier recipe
  • Squids don't spawn naturally. Their is a ink sac recipe.

Last edited:

DeathOfTime

Jul 29, 2019
Ideas are welcome. Such as thoughts on balancing mods and how to carry it out. Mods that might be worth adding that are hosted by curse.

I don't really know much about a lot of the mods I added. Knowing of any issues that their combinations or use may present would be nice as well as any way to balance them for standard and slightly casual play.

I thought of adding Tinkers's Construct. I am just worried it's over shadowing all the other tools in the modpack. I thought it might balance it if I made them as impossible to repair as is available.

I most likely won't ever add a mini-map. Lots of mods contain items that can be used in their place.

( Anyone can freely customize this pack as they want. if it will make the playing the pack a better experience for them all the better. I do ask though that they make a attempt at playing the pack as is for as long as possible before modifying it though.) I would really appreciate information on how to improve the pack.

Last edited:

Timo50

Jul 29, 2019
Simply because ist has no tinkers construct in it but still is quite a big pack gives me a reason to have a look at it:rolleyes:

DeathOfTime

Jul 29, 2019
Simply because ist has no tinkers construct in it but still is quite a big pack gives me a reason to have a look at it:rolleyes:
Cool. thanks for trying it out. (I did interpret that as you liking the fact tinkers' wasn't in it. I really enjoy the hell out of tinkers. I really want a change though, so decided to leave it out.)

I finally figured out how to configure some stuff, am setting it up and test it so I can upload it now. if everything works out right I wouldn't recommend updating if you have a world going. I changed world gen config a little. I like it. Tastes may differ though.. From what I have experienced it takes going into the profile and manually updating it anyway. As I don't set them to release. I might start putting them on that when I am more sure of the packs stability and not needing constant restarts.

Edit: Ran in to a major issue. I forgot a test earlier and when I preformed it I got a crash. The mod that might be doing it is integral to the update. So am going to figure out for sure before I proceed.

Edit: Turns out it was that mod. probably interacting with another mod. I was trying to disable long grass world gen. It worked and was unusual. Bonemeal crashed the game though. Kinda thinking I like the long grass now. Guess I just go used to it over the years.

Last edited:

DeathOfTime

Jul 29, 2019
The adjustments I made to the "Realistic Terrain Generation" configuration file a while ago has had interesting results. At least on the Realistic "RTG" setting. Caving is no longer a option. I have yet to really come across enough solid material to start more then a rudimentary mine shaft. I am scared to go spelunking near Y:13. I have been knocked into lava once and fear it will happen again. Under the surface of the over world is pretty much nothing but caves. Look like the mining dimension is the same way. It means less monster over all within reach. Still they are there when you least want them around. (ravines are disabled, so they aren't part of it).

Edit: Doesn't look like this effected the nether. Not certain though.

Edit: Changed RTG cave generation settings to vanilla defaults. There just weren't enough monsters attacks going on. I really liked the caves though. They never actually ended.

Last edited: