[1.7.10] Craft Modpack [Tech][Magic][Casual] + Server Files

Skvapter

Jul 29, 2019
Hey @mrgreaper Unrelated to the modpack but related to modpacks in general, are there any tutorials out there on how to start your own Modpack? like not a storyline one or anything, just a mix of a bunch of mods to play with, without the whole thing crashing, thing is, I really want to make my own private modpack just to "Duck" around with and have fun, but I'm not sure I know how to.

mrgreaper

Jul 29, 2019
Hey @mrgreaper Unrelated to the modpack but related to modpacks in general, are there any tutorials out there on how to start your own Modpack? like not a storyline one or anything, just a mix of a bunch of mods to play with, without the whole thing crashing, thing is, I really want to make my own private modpack just to "Duck" around with and have fun, but I'm not sure I know how to.
since 1.7.x its much simplier.
you can add forge, throw in mods into the mods folder and load the game, for the most part that will work....ofcourse theres more to it then that, you have to make sure you have each mods dependency, some mods dont like each other, thier are recipie conflicts, and tweaking configs can take hours....

mod dependencys: just read the thread for the mod
mods not liking each other: well thats harder, often its down to api's between mods being out of date, not easy to fix most times you just have to use older versions or not use said mod
reicipie conflicts: theres a mod called minetweaker (http://www.minecraftforum.net/forum...0366-1-6-4-1-7-x-minetweaker-3-customize-your) it allows you to remove/ add recipies, and allows you to modify the ore dictionary (i use that to allow circuits from all mods to be used together for cross mod intergration)
Tweaking configs: its not fun but it needs to be done or you end up with multiple types of one ore, wrong energy settings, channels in ae2 etc etc

a top tip is to use multimc, i would recommand using that, importing my pack from FTB (its in the settings) and then configure as you will. Trust me i wont mind :) .

Reactions: Skvapter

mariodk

Jul 29, 2019
To make sure the pack stays stable on a server i pay for and run a test server, not able to afford to run 2 servers so there shant be an official server from me (no point making the test server public as well thats the test server lol, we have had 3 map resets and countless bugs, we get them so you guys dont get them in the released pack :) ).

I will take a look at tubes / refined reLocation, Magical crops and the linked buildcraft addon (i make no promises as the pack is pretty full mod wise at mo and i dont want to hamper performance too much)

chisel 2 should not be an issue so long as it respects chisel 1 blocks (dont want to break players existing worlds) if it does not then it will go in the 1.8 pack that will most likely need a new world anyway(but judging by released mods and the new forge stuff is a long way away)
EDIT: i feel stupid lol, we are already on chisel 2

Aroma1997's mining diminsion caused some issues on the server (bad chunks and was dropped before the pack was even released) the inclusion of mystcraft means there is an alternative though i know its not as convient or easy to create a mystcraft world
ok i see but the mining world mod is not a big problem becuase of servers can get mining worlds without that mod easy

its more tubes or refined reLocation(or both prefer refined reLocation if just 1 becuase of sorting chests/barrels) since the modpack are in kind of need of redpower tubes like item pipes where you can see the items flying at same time they got afew things
then update chisel 2 if you are already on it since it has had big updates so the auto chisel works& new model for it and afew other things+alot more building blocks
but i hope someone makes a server for this modpack(i cant since idk how to make one or run one)

for magical crops it is a good mod
can grow ores from many mods aswell but if it is going to be added good thing to nerf it so crafting like iron essence to iron it will only give 1 Iron ore and not 8
that way its less powerfull and more of a start of end game thing
that way its better to run like a quarry over Farm the ores until end game or something like that

this modpack is kinda my most wanted modpack to get a public server only becuase this modpack made AE2 to be like AE1 with multiblock support,machines from AE2 and so on(its really rare we see a modpack with AE2 without channels system)

Last edited:

mrgreaper

Jul 29, 2019
just an update, Im still waiting on a open turrets mod update to fix the issue of sudden loss of turret ownership and inability to place more turrets.

i have sadly lost my test server (sudden dentist appointment has deverstated my budget lol, there will still always be a server package but it will be tested on a windows local machine instead of a dedicated profesional server (shouldnt effect things too much)

I will give it another week and if i havent seen progress on the turret mod ill release with the bugged version and a warning :) (dont want to remove it as that would cause more issues with servers that are using it)

Reactions: 1234tv

qyama41

Jul 29, 2019
Okay, when trying making a local server, I have memory issues like I put 2G for the server, I have 8G of RAM, is this very common for a server machine to do this? I also have "can't keep this up" server error :p

Last edited:

mrgreaper

Jul 29, 2019
Okay, when trying making a local server, I have memory issues like I put 2G for the server, I have 8G of RAM, is this very common for a server machine to do this? I also have "can't keep this up" server error :p
depends, if its permgen memory error then yes very very common, and easy to fix, look at step 6 on http://forum.feed-the-beast.com/thr...-casual-server-files.58507/page-2#post-886267 or use java 8
2 gig is also very small for a pack this large, i recommand 4 but you can possibly get away with 3.... never tested it with 2, so that may well be your issue if its not the permgen

"cant keep up, did the system change the time?" means the server is getting stressed, you will often find that when terrain generation is going on or in the first 10 minutes - hour of a server loading up. (or if your trying to host a server and play on the same machine lol*) nothing really can do unless you want to start disabling mods, tbh do a couple of tests

1 do /tps in game, 20 is perfect, over 15 is ok, 10 to 15 your gonna notice, under 10 is bad
what is this? well its ticks per second, there is 20 ticks in a second on a perfect server (its what i aimed for on the test server and was able to maintain with this pack) everything takes x ticks so when the tps slows down other stuff does to, example: when you place a bucket of water against a cliff face you create a source block, it then creates a flow block under that if theres air and do does that and so on untill it hits the floor, you will see the speed difference on a low tps server.

smash a block and see how fast it is between the blocck breaking and the pickup dropping (this is known as block lag) if its instant then dont worry too much

* if your hosting and playing on the same machine, the number one reason people do this is to play with a mate who is not on your network, easy fix, open up a lan game it will tell you the port thats in use (sadly random every time) write down that port and port forward it on your router, give your mate the server address of yourPublicIp:thatPort (its how me and my livestream co-host played better then wolfs ...way way back)

Good luck

mrgreaper

Jul 29, 2019
As you may of already noticed theres been a bit of a delay, still waiting on a fix for open turrets but had the rest done...then my pc kinda died. with mods starting to move up to 1.8 and this pack pretty damn stable as it is, im leaning towards making the next update the 1.8 one (this should give me time to get everything in order in the real world lol)
feel free to let me know of any 1.8 mods you think would complement the pack (or any mods you think we should remove), i make zero promises of course on adding/removing but i will always look :)

1234tv

Jul 29, 2019
Any alternative for World Anchors would be nice, as placing them everywhere isn't that great. As you have already most Mods in the pack, there are few that are missing for me.

mrgreaper

Jul 29, 2019
Since 1.8.x and above is not ready for mods i started updating the pack for 1.7.10 latest versions, it should of taken half hour or so, but bombarded with adfly links, some mods multiple files each adfly'd then adfly detected my ad blocker, i turned it off and got a malicious file warning, figured it to be a false positive it was not.
so here we are 2 hours later, my laptop is now cleaned. All my work on the mod pack has been lost and worse the work i did on my windows phone and windows store programs today has been lost (should of uploaded the changes to source control, granted but it should not of been an issue!)

I have long been against adfly and this latest event cements my opinion of it, if modders want money then patron and donations are the way to go (for reference my apps are free 100% no adverts no charge just a donate button, this is coming from someone who knows how much work goes into creating mods/apps.)

this pack is now 100% on hold, for as long as modders endanger thier users with adfly links, for as long as modders delibratly split thier mods into multiple parts to get as much adfly links as possible i am unwilling to carry on. I doubt my words will have any effect, i doubt my actions will mean anything but right now im more then a little pissed off that i have lost so much time and code due to modders insisting on using adfly. Mod for fun, code for joy, program for the sheer pleasure of knowing your work is appreciated by those that can not, dont program to make cash at the expense of your users computer security

Rishenda

Jul 29, 2019
Since 1.8.x and above is not ready for mods i started updating the pack for 1.7.10 latest versions, it should of taken half hour or so, but bombarded with adfly links, some mods multiple files each adfly'd then adfly detected my ad blocker, i turned it off and got a malicious file warning, figured it to be a false positive it was not.
so here we are 2 hours later, my laptop is now cleaned. All my work on the mod pack has been lost and worse the work i did on my windows phone and windows store programs today has been lost (should of uploaded the changes to source control, granted but it should not of been an issue!)

I have long been against adfly and this latest event cements my opinion of it, if modders want money then patron and donations are the way to go (for reference my apps are free 100% no adverts no charge just a donate button, this is coming from someone who knows how much work goes into creating mods/apps.)

this pack is now 100% on hold, for as long as modders endanger thier users with adfly links, for as long as modders delibratly split thier mods into multiple parts to get as much adfly links as possible i am unwilling to carry on. I doubt my words will have any effect, i doubt my actions will mean anything but right now im more then a little pissed off that i have lost so much time and code due to modders insisting on using adfly. Mod for fun, code for joy, program for the sheer pleasure of knowing your work is appreciated by those that can not, dont program to make cash at the expense of your users computer security

You could check whether or not any of the Mods you use are on the Curse Voice launcher to make the pack. There the Modders downloads are watched and they receive incentive rewards depending on the downloads.

mrgreaper

Jul 29, 2019
You could check whether or not any of the Mods you use are on the Curse Voice launcher to make the pack. There the Modders downloads are watched and they receive incentive rewards depending on the downloads.
not familier with that (not had a working computer for a while) will look into it when calmer, another approach may be to just drop all adfly infected mods, though that includes some pretty major ones

Rishenda

Jul 29, 2019
not familier with that (not had a working computer for a while) will look into it when calmer, another approach may be to just drop all adfly infected mods, though that includes some pretty major ones

It is a new Launcher, Jadedcat's new Agrarian Skies 2 is on there and so are all the Listed FTB Packs, but it is set up that you can create your own Modpack .. with all the Mods at your fingertips (well the ones that are loaded on there and a lot of Modders have put them on there).

Direwolf20 did a spotlight on the Curse Voice Launcher, you might want to have a look for that, so you can see what it is about.

mrgreaper

Jul 29, 2019
It is a new Launcher, Jadedcat's new Agrarian Skies 2 is on there and so are all the Listed FTB Packs, but it is set up that you can create your own Modpack .. with all the Mods at your fingertips (well the ones that are loaded on there and a lot of Modders have put them on there).

Direwolf20 did a spotlight on the Curse Voice Launcher, you might want to have a look for that, so you can see what it is about.
Just watched the spotlight, thats a pretty awesome tool (makes mod installing and updating so easy im not sure mod pack authors are required !)

thank you for the heads up

EDIT
mod pack authors still required lol by default it installed 1.8 mod versions of some, incompatable versions of others and missed core librarys

It is however a fantastic tool for helping make the mod pack

a new version of the pack is now in testing,

Rishenda, you pretty much saved this mod pack chap.

Last edited:

10roub

Jul 29, 2019
i suggest you add magical crops mod: it has a lot of integration with other mods like AM2 and they are very balanced

Rishenda

Jul 29, 2019
Just watched the spotlight, thats a pretty awesome tool (makes mod installing and updating so easy im not sure mod pack authors are required !)

thank you for the heads up

EDIT
mod pack authors still required lol by default it installed 1.8 mod versions of some, incompatable versions of others and missed core librarys

It is however a fantastic tool for helping make the mod pack

a new version of the pack is now in testing,

Rishenda, you pretty much saved this mod pack chap.

You are very welcome, I am glad I could help.. :)

TTGKarbon

Jul 29, 2019
Really awesome pack! im really liking it so far, although im getting a bit of lag on the server im running, do you have any tips on how i can improve that? do you know of any mods that are known to lag servers? :)

Saint213

Jul 29, 2019
I have tried to start a server for me and my friends, but when I download the server files from the FTB launcher, it downloads the following files:
Server
  • Config
  • Flan
  • Mods
  • Scrips
And that is all it downloads, do I need to download forge and make the rest of the stuff my self or did I download it wrong?