[1.7.10] Civilization - A MyM Original

Krhymez

Jul 29, 2019
710j2lw.png

Pack Code: Civilization
Server IP: Civilization.Mineyourmind.net
Over the centuries, many Civilizations have risen to power. But... just as many have fallen.
If history has taught us one thing, its that it repeats itself more often than not.
As power grows, so does the hunger for more power... and people, well they begin to want it all....
This drive for power leads to destruction and chaos, wars begin to break out, and as it has been said before....
"War, war never changes"

Will your Civilization withstand the harsh nature of people and share kindness, or will your community be driven with the iron fist of your dominant control?

Have we finally learnt from our past mistakes?
Will this be the Civilization that withstand the sands of time?
Only you can shape your destiny!

This pack was created with the MineYourMind community in mind.
It is meant to be played on a server (our server) and in a social environment.
The pack contains a little of everything. You can master one thing or master them all.
There are Tech, Magic, Science, Culinary, Nature, Exploration and RPG mods.

Last edited:
Reactions: SirWill and Ernuke

Ernuke

Jul 29, 2019
Do you remember when you first started playing Minecraft? When you had to mine your resources in long shafts or wide caverns? In where you always had to carry a sword and some armor to not die horribly by some mobs and maybe, a mean player?

Well, Civilization gave me that same feeling, plus mods. It's hard but the good kind of hard (Medium as the Modpack creator said). You have to actually work to get those nice things and you have to work to be able to protect those nice things.
This modpack is a nice mixture between the complexity of some mods and the beuty of Minecraft.

11/10 I would love to die of hunger once more.

Reactions: SirWill

Pyure

Not Totally Useless
Aug 14, 2013
Waterloo, Ontario
Well, Civilization gave me that same feeling, plus mods. It's hard but the good kind of hard (Medium as the Modpack creator said). You have to actually work to get those nice things and you have to work to be able to protect those nice things.
This modpack is a nice mixture between the complexity of some mods and the beuty of Minecraft.
Can you explain why you have to work to acquire and protect those things?

The OP provided a professional modlist and a cute theme (which awkwardly drew on Fallout for some reason) but no little description of the actual play experience and how it might vary from, say, Monster. I'd like to hear more.

Last edited:
Reactions: RenzosNips

Krhymez

Jul 29, 2019
Can you explain why you have to work to acquire and protect those things?

The OP provided a professional modlist and a cute theme (which awkwardly drew on Fallout for some reason) but no little description of the actual play experience and how it might vary from, say, Monster. I'd like to hear more.
The pack was built for the server i play on. Its different to "other" packs because some of the mods have not been used as often as others.

As to the fallout quote, its a good quote that is true. The pack has mods that can make the pack PvP focused (like flan's), but thats not what the packs is about. Its about having the community play how they want to. Do they want peace on the server or total war?
There are mods like Ancient Warfare 2 and Minecraft Comes Alive, so players can build a civilization of their own. I guess to understand the pack, you may need to know the Mine Your Mine community.

A

Arcanuo

Lots of fun. Witchery and Blood Magic add a lot of good PvP options. A lot better since the removal of Mo'Creatures. Some of the servers PvP rules are rather conflicting though.

A

Arcanuo

I'm surprised mo'creatures was even in the pack in the first place, they have some strong anti-pack rules.

No idea. Wondered that myself. That and lag was probably key removal reasons.

Last edited:

Krhymez

Jul 29, 2019
I'm surprised mo'creatures was even in the pack in the first place, they have some strong anti-pack rules.
The pack was originally on Curse, Curse has permissions for any mod that is on their site.
Since Mo Creatures is on the curse site, i was able to add it. But during the initial set up of the server, Mo Creater/ Custom Spawner was causing performance issues.

Reactions: Pyure

Krhymez

Jul 29, 2019
Lots of fun. Witchery and Blood Magic add a lot of good PvP options. A lot better since the removal of Mo'Creatures. Some of the servers PvP rules are rather conflicting though.
Rules have been lifted, since its what the community now wants.
I also added Bounty plug in to make it interesting.

A

Arcanuo

Rules have been lifted, since its what the community now wants.
I also added Bounty plug in to make it interesting.

Saw the new rules. Been working on my bound boots. Spirits from witchery still remain elusive.

F

Fatman

Few of my friends and I have been looking for a modpack to do a pvp war of sorts and this pack looks like the pack we are going to use but we have one request. We are going to prolly add the ftb utilities, ftb tweaks, and ftblib, mods to the pack cause of chunk claiming and what not but was wondering if you had thought of added these mods to the pack? It makes this much much easier to have an "open" server and crub greifers of sorts to a point.

SirWill

Mar 29, 2014
Few of my friends and I have been looking for a modpack to do a pvp war of sorts and this pack looks like the pack we are going to use but we have one request. We are going to prolly add the ftb utilities, ftb tweaks, and ftblib, mods to the pack cause of chunk claiming and what not but was wondering if you had thought of added these mods to the pack? It makes this much much easier to have an "open" server and crub greifers of sorts to a point.
There is no reason for us to add it as we don't need it on our server but feel free to add it yourself.

X

Xenosfyre

Downloading this pack as I speak, I've spent ages looking for something like this, really hoping it's on par because I love empire/civilisation building games, but can never the right one for me. Hoping this modpack will be it.