[1.7.10] Chimera [Unlisted] [Tech & Magic]

Macgyver01

Jul 29, 2019
GRRyOff.png

The Chimera pack combines the adventure of Magic based mods with the infrastructure of Tech mods.
Chimera is streamlined, having only 100 mods, enabling better performance on weaker systems.
With fewer mods, Chimera provides gameplay that is not only more challenging than larger modpacks but just as diverse.
By including mods like Advanced Solar Panels and GraviSuit and excluding mods like Big Reactors and Advanced Genetics we have delayed substantial power generation and flight until late game.
Chimera has a strong magic presence by including mods like Thaumcraft and Blood Magic in addition to Tech-based mods like Thermal Expansion and Ender IO allowing for vastly varying styles of play.
Pack Code: CHIMERA
Version: 1.0.0
Mod List:

Changelog:
Changed name to Chimera
Published to FTB Launcher

Macgyver01

Jul 29, 2019
Attention Server owners there is currently a problem with Ars-Magica, that crashes players. This seems only to affect people on servers. This will hopefully be remedied in the next update.

Duckblood

Jul 29, 2019
I've played on the official Chimera server for a while. Previous experience includes Direwolf20 for 1.6.4 and 1.7.10, as well as FTB Monster for 1.6.4. I've played on several whitelisted servers, I've hosted whitelist servers as well.

I will say up front, I'm a speedster. I run certain patterns to get to where I want to be, I usually reach top tier within a few days on the server on other modpacks.

Not on Chimera.

Chimera is everything it promises, keeps you in midgame longer, keeps you having to work for it. I've absolutely loved the challenge. It forces you to get intimate with those blocks you usually skip, in favor of MFR. It forces you to think power, instead of just building massive BigReactors. (I love both mods, but I freely admit they allow me to speed to the finish, ever so easily.)

I had to dabble more in IC2 than I ever have. I've always skipped IC2 and in honesty I do not regret this, but this pack forced my hand and it's been mostly enjoyable. I've gotten deeper into Ender IO, than ever before. I've discovered the joy of forestry farms and I've learned that Killer Joe is not a friendly block - efficient as it may be.

I've never done Magic mods much, but this pack has Thaumcraft, Bloodmagic, and Botanica if that's your thing. Ars-Magicka I imagine will return, when the mod is fixed.

If you've "been there, done that", then I highly recommend giving Chimera a test. It's kept me occupied for longer than any other pack ever has.

Thanks for the awesome modpack.

/Duckblood

Macgyver01

Jul 29, 2019
The Pack has been Updated to 1.2.1.
It is available on the FTB launcher now.

Changelog:

>Updates:
-Botania
-BluePower
-AOBD
-Binnie Mods
-Extra Utilities
-Funky Locomotion
-Forestry
-Flans
-ContentPacks
-Gendustry
-BDLib
-Thermal Expansion
-RogueLikeDungeons
-CodeChickenCore
-ChickenChunks
-NEI
-Translocators
-WirelessRedstone ChickenBones Edition
-FastCraft
-CoFH Core
-Redstone Arsenal
-Thermal Foundation
-Thaumic Energistics
-Applied Energistics

>Added:
-ExtraCells
-NEI Plugins

>Removed:
-Animation API
-Ars Magica

Ars Magica has been removed due to its instability on servers. It will be put back in the pack when it is stable.

Thanks for playing,
Macgyver01