[1.7.10] Back to the Basics [Tech] [Magic] [Coffee]

Nanakisan

Jul 29, 2019
jqaVYUH.png

There was a time in modded MC. A time when everything was simple and basic. A time when your decision was what mattered the most. Do I take the route of magic and forgo the plane of technology? Or do I become a technological master! But before we can have these questions answered. We need to go back to the basics.

There are no limits in this pack. The only thing stopping you is your imagination. Revive the feeling of the old days of modded minecraft! This pack is a attempt at bringing back the days of Tekkit. Using the modpack model that made Tekkit famous. There is a balance between all the mods. Some become broken by others. While others simply counter the other. No tech is greater than the magic. No magic is greater than the tech. From these simple limitations can come some incredible acts of inspiration and imagination!

Do you have that drive too rekindle the feeling?

=-=-=-=-=-=
Pack Code
=-=-=-=-=-=
bttb

============
USEFUL LINKS
============

My Twitter

Modlist

Github for bug reporting

Official sub-reddit

=-=-=-=-=-=-=-=-=-=-=-=
Important Information!
=-=-=-=-=-=-=-=-=-=-=-=

This modpack uses YAMPST. This is a tracking mod designed to let me see how often the pack is launched and from where. This mod by no means collects anything sensitive or private. The only physical data i will ever receive are crash reports. Should this make you uncomfortable you're free too disable the mod.

=-=-=-=
F.A.Q
=-=-=-=

Why do you not have Waila?
- Waila was never part of Tekkit. It is a overused mod that ruins the surprise of modpacks like this.
When you have Waila there is no "what is this strange ore i just found?". Waila simply breaks the fun of self discovery. Which in essence breaks what made Tekkit well...Tekkit.

OMG I CRASHED!! MY WORLD IS LOST NOW!!!
- Please for all that is holy. Report it on my official github. I painstakingly tested each and every mod for over 1 month. The only difference is that i recently changed to forge 1272. If something breaks please report it. I am a experience server administrator. I might be able too assist you on fixing the problem. All i ask is patience when getting help.

Would you add this mod?
-This is an extremely fickle topic. This pack is designed to bring back the old days of Tekkit. There was a very specific balance between all 5 of the major mods. RP2, IC2, RC, EE2, BC all countered each other in various features. IC2 is massive power gen and industrialization to its core. EE2 is pure unbridled magic with no limitations. RC expands on rail based aspects. BC provided various methods of automation and item transport. RP2 provided a more advanced counter towards BC. Everything had a counter and a balance. I cannot break this model. So the mod you request may very well be declined. I am very sorry.

What is that strange clicking sound when i press R?
- That is the sound of InvTweaks using it's sort function. You "can" try changing the control associations. But i highly advise against it!

Why isn't MatMos part of this pack? Wasn't it like one of the core mods in Tekkit?
- MatMos was made into a Liteloader only mod awhile back. Until i figure out how i can ship Liteloader in a FTB Pack. It will need to be installed manually by you.

How can we contact you if something really bad goes wrong?
My twitter is one of the best bets. However if you want I tend to hang around in #modpackers on esper.net. Other then that try PM'ing me here on the forums. I will be glad too try and help you.

OMG PROJECT-E HAS A DUPE ISSUE!!!
- This is very redundant. 10 - 1 it is not a dupe but a feature of the mod. Example is the maceration of Blaze rods into 5 powder and condensing them back. This is a common way of mass producing EMC. It is an intended feature from a silly mod interaction.

Last edited:

davidpox

Jul 29, 2019
Glad to see a (what looks like) a well made conversion of Tekkit to 1.7.10. I'll be trying this out soon :)

Nanakisan

Jul 29, 2019
No thaumcraft?
Sadly no, this modpack is meant as a spiritual homage too Tekkit. I am a old and i mean old modded MC player. Tekkit was one of those packs that just inspires people.

Also for those interested. On the FTB sub-reddit a few people voiced about CC and OC.
Here is a strawpoll on which mod should be in the pack. http://strawpoll.me/3272570

capSAR273

Jul 29, 2019
Looks great! It will be nice to play the older style again. Any issues I come across I will be sure to let you know.

Nanakisan

Jul 29, 2019
Looks great! It will be nice to play the older style again. Any issues I come across I will be sure to let you know.

The only issue I expect is a recipe conversion conflict with BP Gems and Project Red Gems. Since they're oredic'd and can only output too 1 gem block type. I didn't see a need too nerf this.

Another already known issue is that moving a active projector with frames. Will leave behind ghost shield blocks. The only way too get rid of them. Is to take the projector back and literally shut it off at each spot. That is about all the bugs i know for now.

Wilder

Jul 29, 2019
I want to play your pack using MultiMC. Is there a recommended forge version or should I just use the latest?

FyberOptic

Jul 29, 2019
I've never actually made a custom FTB pack, but I looked at a pack.json file, and it seems you can add LiteLoader easily enough.

I changed:
Code:
{
  "minecraftArguments": "--username ${auth_player_name} --version ${version_name} --gameDir ${game_directory} --assetsDir ${assets_root} --assetIndex ${assets_index_name} --uuid ${auth_uuid} --accessToken ${auth_access_token} --userProperties ${user_properties} --userType ${user_type} --tweakClass cpw.mods.fml.common.launcher.FMLTweaker",

"libraries": [
    {
      "name": "net.minecraftforge:forge:1.7.10-10.13.2.1272:universal",
      "url": "http://ftb.cursecdn.com/FTB2/maven/",
     "checksums" : [ "2405b3bb9e39dde1061064a5e18b391666ef10fa"]
    },

To:
Code:
{
  "minecraftArguments": "--username ${auth_player_name} --version ${version_name} --gameDir ${game_directory} --assetsDir ${assets_root} --assetIndex ${assets_index_name} --uuid ${auth_uuid} --accessToken ${auth_access_token} --userProperties ${user_properties} --userType ${user_type} --tweakClass com.mumfrey.liteloader.launch.LiteLoaderTweaker --tweakClass cpw.mods.fml.common.launcher.FMLTweaker",

"libraries": [
    {
     "name": "com.mumfrey:liteloader:1.7.10",
     "url": "http://dl.liteloader.com/versions/"
    },
    {
      "name": "net.minecraftforge:forge:1.7.10-10.13.2.1272:universal",
      "url": "http://ftb.cursecdn.com/FTB2/maven/",
     "checksums" : [ "2405b3bb9e39dde1061064a5e18b391666ef10fa"]
    },

To clarify, it's just adding a tweakClass argument to "minecraftArguments", and a block to "libraries".

In my case, I still had to manually put the LiteLoader JAR into the proper location for FTB, which I assume would be done during pack installation normally since it doesn't seem to happen at pack launch unfortunately. But for testing, you might need to get the installer JAR, take liteloader-1.7.10.jar out of that, and put it in [your ftb directory]/libraries/com/mumfrey/liteloader/1.7.10

Then I tossed MAtmos into my mods directory, added a resource pack to work with it, and it worked fine. Though you'll probably want to adjust the keys since F7 conflicts these days.

ChatFawkes

Jul 29, 2019
I don't think you need to do any of that for liteloader. I have liteloader in my pack and I just distribute it by having it in the /mods/1.7.10/ folder and it loads without any issues.

FyberOptic

Jul 29, 2019
I don't think you need to do any of that for liteloader. I have liteloader in my pack and I just distribute it by having it in the /mods/1.7.10/ folder and it loads without any issues.

Yep looks like you're right, they've included a Forge mod class with it. Even better. Nevermind!

Nanakisan

Jul 29, 2019

You sir are a god right now A GOD!! I will go and test to see if this works. Thank you very much! Because if this works I'm making Journey Maps a optional mod and Voxel Map default.

-edit-
Just finished testing and it worked flawlessly. I'll make JourneyMaps a optional mod now.

Next update will have MatMos and Voxel Map.

Last edited:

Nanakisan

Jul 29, 2019
Back to the Basics has been updated to version 1.1.1. This update should not do anything to your worlds. However should something occur please report it 1st at my github repo for the pack.

Also as requested a very kind gent has agreed to assist me on preparing a sphax texture pack patch for this modpack. It should be finished soon. Anyway I hope you all have fun now.

Here is the change log

Version 1.1.1 Beta
-journeyMaps is now optional
-Added Liteloader
-Added VoxelMap
-Updated Nuclear Control 2
-Updated Chisel 2
-Updated Immibis Core
-Updated Asielib
-Updated Computronics
-Added Resource Loader
-Added Custom Main Menus
-Added OpenEye
-Added YAMPST (just a tracking mod. Don't be afraid of it. I'm not the CIA I swear)
-Sphax Resource Pack pending final development

Reactions: xaositech

Nanakisan

Jul 29, 2019
Ive been trying to setup a server, and been getting a strange error for it. I'm not too familiar with LiteLoader and it looks like it's causing it.
http://pastebin.com/32cq42jV

Liteloader is a clientside mod only. Simply navigate yourself to the 1.7.10 folder in the mods folder. From there you simply remove the liteloader.jar file. Also make sure too remove Matmos and Voxelmap from the mods folder. Those are clientside only. Without Liteloader they should not load. However you could have trouble as they're .zip files really. So removing them is best option.

I will be releasing a forge server download as well pretty soon. I just haven't had much time to do it. Please keep me informed if you have anymore issues.

TheGraphix

Jul 29, 2019
Liteloader is a clientside mod only. Simply navigate yourself to the 1.7.10 folder in the mods folder. From there you simply remove the liteloader.jar file. Also make sure too remove Matmos and Voxelmap from the mods folder. Those are clientside only. Without Liteloader they should not load. However you could have trouble as they're .zip files really. So removing them is best option.

I will be releasing a forge server download as well pretty soon. I just haven't had much time to do it. Please keep me informed if you have anymore issues.
Looks like you need to remove ResourceLoader also, after that, I loaded up without any problems

Nanakisan

Jul 29, 2019
Looks like you need to remove ResourceLoader also, after that, I loaded up without any problems

Ahh good good glad i could hear it. Like i said i'll have the optimized server files prepared at a later date. Also thank you for running the server. you've provided a excellent test case for the use of YAMPST. This is a special mod that allows me too receive important data on things like crash reports should they occur. Don't worry the mod does not gather any private and/or sensitive data. Otherwise I would not use it if my life was in danger.

You're always free to remove the mod.