[1.7.10] AgriCraft

InfinityRaider

Jul 29, 2019
Thanks for your feedback,

• Cranberries are grown in "bogs", generally. I don't pretend to be an expert in their farming techniques, but it seems they'd make a good candidate for joining the club with rice and water artichoke and the others.
I guess I could do that.

• Maneuvering in them is a bit of a pain, especially if you're not working a big paddy. All the up and down and speed changes makes mis-clicking really easy to do. I'm not sure what the solution would be, aside from just getting used to it, so this is a very unfinished complaint. Hip waders? I don't know.
Intended behaviour

• Real problem, on the other hand: These blocks seem to inherit from the water class (or w/e the Java equivalent is), and that includes density-/viscosity-based interactions with other liquids. Is it intended that heavier ones will spread right through them and wipe them out? Because that's what happens.
Again, intended behaviour

• Last, filling them involves having to open inventory after every block and putting the now-empty bucket back on the hot-bar. Maybe this can't be helped, but if it can, it'd make them a lot less frustrating to work with.
If I did it right you should be able to fill them up with any container items (like fluid cells from IC2 or forestry).

Reil

Jul 29, 2019
If I did it right you should be able to fill them up with any container items (like fluid cells from IC2 or forestry).
The crystal thingamabobs from Witching Gadgets place a source block on top of the water-pit instead of filling them, but those have a large array of problems anyway. Not your doing. Other than that, I'm sure you can. What I mean is that, contrary to most uses of a water bucket to put water into things, or to place a source block, the empty bucket pops into your 27-slot inventory, rather than back to your hotbar. The single exception to this is if it's in slot #1, where it works as (I) expected. So it can be worked around, I suppose, but it's not reeeeeeeeeally intuitive. Thanks for clearing up the other two.

edit: ugh bbcode

InfinityRaider

Jul 29, 2019
The crystal thingamabobs from Witching Gadgets place a source block on top of the water-pit instead of filling them, but those have a large array of problems anyway. Not your doing. Other than that, I'm sure you can. What I mean is that, contrary to most uses of a water bucket to put water into things, or to place a source block, the empty bucket pops into your 27-slot inventory, rather than back to your hotbar. The single exception to this is if it's in slot #1, where it works as (I) expected. So it can be worked around, I suppose, but it's not reeeeeeeeeally intuitive. Thanks for clearing up the other two.
Oh, that's an easy fix, I'lljust change the iteration order.

Reactions: ICountFrom0

Lanse505

Jul 29, 2019
If weeds are enabled, are there any ways in-game to "Prevent" or atleast "Lower" the chance of Weeds to spawn up? Any Conditions or Items/Blocks (like WeedEx from IC2 Crops) that would help prevent the growth of Weeds?

I'm currently building on a pack where I'm looking to have weeds enabled but i'm having seconds thoughts due to my inexperience with the mod and not knowing if there are any Weed Preventing measures outside of using the rake to remove then once they've already grown.

BricksParts

Jul 29, 2019
He's working on a system that builds on the weeds/humidity/acidity or something like that, if I understand correctly. Although, I will say that weeds have never been an issue for me as long as you build your farms properly. I've become quite fluent with the mod and can get 10/10/10 seeds within a few minutes given a watering can though, so I might not be the best person to ask... :D

InfinityRaider

Jul 29, 2019
If weeds are enabled, are there any ways in-game to "Prevent" or atleast "Lower" the chance of Weeds to spawn up? Any Conditions or Items/Blocks (like WeedEx from IC2 Crops) that would help prevent the growth of Weeds?

I'm currently building on a pack where I'm looking to have weeds enabled but i'm having seconds thoughts due to my inexperience with the mod and not knowing if there are any Weed Preventing measures outside of using the rake to remove then once they've already grown.
My villager is on a quest to end all weeds.

InfinityRaider

Jul 29, 2019
He's working on a system that builds on the weeds/humidity/acidity or something like that, if I understand correctly. Although, I will say that weeds have never been an issue for me as long as you build your farms properly. I've become quite fluent with the mod and can get 10/10/10 seeds within a few minutes given a watering can though, so I might not be the best person to ask... :D
As of yet I'm not really working on that, its more like planned.

Cptqrk

Popular Member
Aug 24, 2013
My villager is on a quest to end all weeds.

I think I saw this... In Infinity Evolved, I found two Agricraft buildings and forgot about one, went back to see the whole thing covered in weeds, but then a villager ran through and broke them all...

Did you base this on Vanilla villagers being able to harvest and replant wheat?

InfinityRaider

Jul 29, 2019
I think I saw this... In Infinity Evolved, I found two Agricraft buildings and forgot about one, went back to see the whole thing covered in weeds, but then a villager ran through and broke them all...

Did you base this on Vanilla villagers being able to harvest and replant wheat?
They do that?

Reil

Jul 29, 2019
If you mean pull request, I'm way too out-of-date on Java to contribute. Thank you for offering, though.

BricksParts

Jul 29, 2019
Interesting... It seems that the ore crops I was talking about will grow even after the ores become hidden. Waila says it can't grow, but it still does... I guess this means issue solved?

On a separate note, the Plant mega pack both the corn and cassava crops' growth stages are funky at 28% growth.