Open 1.7.0: FTB Infinity GL Texture loading error, all versions

nigeltrc72

Jul 29, 2019
Version:

What is the bug:
Whenever I try and load any version of infinity it just gets stuck for like 15-20 minutes trying to load the GL Textures. It loads eventually but it takes almost an hour and it's starting to get really annoying.

Mod & Version:

Paste.feed-the-beast.com log:

Can it be repeated:

Known Fix:

Zuiron

Jul 29, 2019
im assuming now you are on a laptop with nvidia capable graphics. however seems like its running on internal graphics card. IF this is the case i have a solution. this happend to me too on my laptop.

1. open nvidia control panel.
2. manage 3d settings
3. program settings
4. click ADD and add javaw.exe and java.exe and select "nvidia graphics" and click apply. (both javaw and java are listed as just Java(TM)+++ so add BOTH)

WhiteStarX0312

Jul 29, 2019
I am also having this issue. I do not have a NVidia graphics card and have been running (for about 3 years) on my Intel HD 4600 integrated graphics card. Yes I know it's not the best, but I can still play Infinity with 60-70fps so I cannot complain. This GL textures error started randomly today. I was on a server and all of my block textures went black like an x-ray texture pack. After I restarted everything, it would not load up, stopping at the forge GL textures part.

Do we have any information on this bug? It is not a mod causing it, but I am unsure what is. I have tried updating my computer, java, and rolling back/updating graphics card. I now cannot play FTB infinity evolved.

Zuiron

Jul 29, 2019
i heard a whisper somewhere it had todo with journeymap. have not tested myself but maybe try disable journeymap and then try ? if not then i have no idea.

WhiteStarX0312

Jul 29, 2019
SO I managed to fix this after uninstalling, restarting, and letting my computer reinstall my graphics card. I would recommend anyone with this issue try this regardless of what graphics card you have.