(1.6.4) Which minimap?

Yusunoha

Jul 29, 2019
SSP I would use Journey map, sure it doesn't have a radar map, but if you have a separate monitor you can view a live feed of the map on another screen...or use a tablet. It shows mobs on it as well if you need that.

you can run both journeymap and a minimap, I run both journeymap and zan's in my world at the moment and there's no problem between them

Democretes

Jul 29, 2019
I do believe though that Rei's had some compatibility issues in the past with other mods and such, hence why FTB went over to Zan's
I've never had any problems with it. I would always uninstall Zan's and add Rei's in every pack I played with. They may have had problems with cave mapping or entity radar but I never used either of those leaving me issue free.

Yusunoha

Jul 29, 2019
I've never had any problems with it. I would always uninstall Zan's and add Rei's in every pack I played with. They may have had problems with cave mapping or entity radar but I never used either of those leaving me issue free.

I also don't know what the problem was, maybe it was about Rei's showing the IP of servers when used? something like that?

Ronbob55

Jul 29, 2019
I recently started trying to play Direwolf20-1.6.4 and noticed that Zan's was disabled in the mod edit function. I decided to experiment and enabled it but when in game it just displays it over the default minimap and blinks on & off. Pressing M only brings up the default large map with it's options.

I'm not a fan of the default minimap (whatever it's called) and really would like to use Zan's so I'd like to know how to disable the default map and use Zan's instead. I looked through the mod list in the Edit Mods function and didn't recognize anything as the default map.

I may stop playing this due to the crashes anyway but that's another issue.

Any help on this is appreciated.

EDIT:
Nvm, I found out how to do it after web search. Disable Opis and then enable Zan's worked. I should have searched before posting.

Last edited:

Revemohl

Jul 29, 2019
I liked using Zan's and Mapwriter at the same time once (after turning Mapwriter's minimap off) because the full screen map is pretty good. Gave up on it though because my machine likes crashing a bit too much and I lost my map progress every time that happened.
Currently using Zan's and JourneyMap and missing a few features, but it's still good. It has an even better (and cheaty if you believe so) underground mode as well.

dragonmaster0283

Jul 29, 2019
I use two (didnt know you could at first). I use Zan's for the minimap, waypoints and underground mode and then use Opis's for the main persistant world map that I can scroll around.

RavynousHunter

Jul 29, 2019
Personally, I prefer Opis/MapWriter. If I want the teleport functionality, I build a teleportation hub or make/acquire a portal gun, if one's available. It does just what it needs to with some nifty lag-finding tools, and the large map is handy if you're on a world where you've done a good bit of exploring.

DanteGalileo

Jul 29, 2019
Yup. I only use Opis. I've never used radar anyway as... Well, obvious reasons. I like having a huge map I can scroll around and that's all I really want.

With the new map functionality in 1.7.2 I doubt I'll use even that once I start a 1.7.2 world.