[1.6.4] [Public] [Beta] Malpha Pack v0.93 - Balanced for Multiplayer

• FTB will be shutting down this forum by the end of July. To participate in our community discussions, please join our Discord! https://ftb.team/discord

Malforce

Jul 29, 2019
t3nNIeA.png

Pack Code: MalphaPack
The Malpha Pack Team welcomes you to a new experience with some of your favorite mods!

The Malpha Pack team has designed this mod pack to enhance vanilla gameplay substantially while offering a bunch of great content. Look forward to rediscovering Minecraft, and utilizing some of the lesser used aspects of your favorite mods! We also hope to encourage team play in multiplayer servers by making it a bit more difficult for one player to have more resources than they will ever use. This pack is all about adding difficulty by extending gameplay while offering places to explore, blocks to build with, and creatures to discover.

Malpha Team: Malforce, Otaku108, Gorlah

Malpha Pack v0.93
Mod Listing and Permissions
This pack was created to be different. It is not hardcore or overpowered. We are striving to create a vanilla enhanced experience that we feel many Minecraft players would enjoy. We are also trying to keep a balance between great content and server friendliness. In order to achieve balance, and encourage player interaction some recipes have been disabled.

Whether you are into magic, farming, mining, exploring, building or trading; we've added mods to enhance those features!

Here are some of the things you can expect from Malpha Pack.

Thaumcraft

AR2GP40.png

We are finding Thaumcraft playing a major role in this pack. It is through this mod that most players have been doing their ore doubling, flight, and armor crafting. Shards have become a hot commodity and players may want to collect and trade them for other goods.

Alternate Terrain Generation

JXf2ik4.png

This mod is what makes the world look so different with this pack! In order to get your ATG world, be sure to change the world type to ATG when creating a new world. Simply breathtaking views!

Forestry

kCjUAll.png

Forestry is one of the main mods for which you'll want to create energy. Breed bees and trees, and get some of those renewable resources. A person who fully utilizes Forestry in this mod pack will have a great source of items for trading.

Rarities

zDzBZ2W.jpg

These are some of the mods you might not find in other packs. Dragon Mount gives you the chance to grow your own pet dragon to ride. Plunder Rummage gives us treasure maps to go out into the world and find rare loot. Trade Booth lets you set up a store front for trading your awesome discoveries with other players. Fossils and Archeology allows you to build your own dinosaur park. Buffed Tools adds chance to your tool crafting, the buffs are small and you have a chance at crafting Legendary items!

Item Transport and Storage

rdfpzQq.png

There are many ways to transport and store your inventories in this pack, just not the ways you might be used to. Project Red pipes can be used to create a network of storage to make your items accessible elsewhere in your base. Railcraft can be used to transport over longer distances as part of your automation setup. We like the idea of having a more structural feel to your inventory management.

Decorative Mods

QJ9WA8N.jpg

We've included many mods for the builder. One side goal of this mod pack is longevity, we want a world you can live in. Some of the more decorative mods include Biblio Craft, Carpenter Blocks, Tropicraft, Project Red micro blocks and hundreds of other new and interesting blocks. Take the time to make it your own world, and create the communities you've always wanted to live in.​

Version 0.93
  • Fixed Biome id conflicts
  • Stopped Thaumcraft spawning structures
  • Updated to Tropicraft v5.1.7
  • OpenBlocks elevators no longer use xp
  • Dragon Eggs no longer spawn in worldgen chests

• Added Mods: Plunder Rummage, GuffCore by Guff
  • Added Mod: Trade Booth by aeroc

Version 0.92
  • Fixed Tropicraft not loading
  • Fixed Dragon Eggs not spawning
  • Updated PluginsForForestry
  • General bugfixes

Share your screenshots and experiences with us on Twitter! #MalphaPack

We hope you enjoy this pack as much as we are, and we have many awesome ideas for the future of the Malpha Pack. Thank You!
Pack Code: MalphaPack

Last edited:

RealSketch

Jul 29, 2019
Maybe a bit more description, but still, good! Looking unique and should be go further in the future. For a 3 man-team that is quite good! :)

Last edited:

Malforce

Jul 29, 2019
Maybe a bit more description, but still, good! Looking unique and should be go further in the future. For a 3 man-team that is quite good! :)

Thank you! Yes, I will be trying to get some good info on here very soon. We've got some updates coming that should allow us to get even more balance into the pack. In the meantime, we are finding it very fun and can't wait for others to try it out!

Reactions: RealSketch

Starrojas

Jul 29, 2019
I'm downloading the Pack Right now!
I can't wait to see what adventure I have in store,
Though in the Desc. You should have a list of the current mod's, the Desc. where youi launch the pack that is, and one here as well.
Yes, it is I 'the' Starrojas not a cheap knock off :)
See Ya :)
Star

Lordmau5

Jul 29, 2019
Awesome pack :)
Will play around with it surely ;)

Also, small question:
I know, it's your pack and stuff, but did you think about adding Ars Magica maybe?
I mean, since you got Thaumcraft in, and Ars Magica is also a magic mod :p

~ Greets.

unseennote

Jul 29, 2019
The only thing I could recommend is the Thaumic Tinkerer mod. And maybe if you add blood magic and/or Ars Magica, then you could add the thaumcraft addons for them. Maybe even Thaumic Reliquary.

Malforce

Jul 29, 2019
Do you have plans on documentation and a list of changes to vanilla?

There will be more information in this post with the next release, which should be in the next few days. I'm afraid there will not be a full list of differences between the mod pack and vanilla. There will, however be a good idea of what to expect, and how the pack differs from other packs. :)[DOUBLEPOST=1399593931][/DOUBLEPOST]
Awesome pack :)
Will play around with it surely ;)

Also, small question:
I know, it's your pack and stuff, but did you think about adding Ars Magica maybe?
I mean, since you got Thaumcraft in, and Ars Magica is also a magic mod :p

~ Greets.

Thanks for checking out the pack! There are currently no plans to include Ars Magica, sorry.

Syer10

Jul 29, 2019
I have a suggestion to your dragon egg thing I don't know if you still would like to put dragon eggs in loot chests but there is this new mod for 1.6.4 and 1.7.2 called toomuchloot. It auto detects loot in lootchests and puts them in its config so like the flippers from biomes o plenty will show up in its config and you would be able to edit the rarity of the item in loot chests or turn them off all at once.

Starrojas

Jul 29, 2019
Really cool modpack :D
I look forward to seeing some amazing content in the future, content worthy of my long title at the least.
Congratulations on all your follows. Though, I wouldn't want you getting to far ahead of me before I even start :O
Keep working on the pack, and building yourself up. You'll get somewhere super nice if you just keep being you :)

Jaimy

Jul 29, 2019
Any servers I could join? Cant seem to really find any and I really like the modpack but playing alone is so boring