1.6.4 modpacks launching issue ...

Mr_Anas_707

Jul 29, 2019
Hi guys,

since Industrial craft has gone after 1.5.2 modpacks I stopped playing FTB. Now it is back but I can't play because the launching problem.

when I press the launch button it looks like it is going to open but nothing happens and the launcher window still there (Mojang window doesn't appear) and i can't press the launch button again and it stays like that until i close it. That goes for all 1.6.4 modpacks

I've tried every single solution there in the internet. I even reinstalled both java versions 64 and 32 bit.
tried to increase the ram slider from 2GB to 3GB and 4GB and tried so many additional java parameters and still get the same two logs show below.

This for Direwolf20 1.6.4

Mod Pack: Direwolf20 1.6.4
Mod & Version: 1.0.7
Pastebin link to crash log: it gives me two different logs.
this: http://pastebin.com/0D6VN4am
and this : http://pastebin.com/e2DF8QTd ( this one keeping try to connect and never stops )

Can it be repeated: Every time I try to launch the mod and with every 1.6.4 modpacks in general (I've tried Direwolf20 Techworld2 and even FTBLite2).

System information:

Processor: Intel Core i7-2630QM 2.00GHz

GPU: NVIDIA GeForce GT 540M 2GB

RAM: 8GB (5 GB available)

Type system: 64-bits, x64-processor
Java version 7 update 45 (64-bit and 32-bit) (build 1.7.0_45-b18)

Waiting for your Help.

Mr_Anas_707

Jul 29, 2019
known fix: Uninstall your java And Only reinstall your 64bit (32 bit and 64 dont work)

I tired that , it didn't work. I have some programs that require java 32bit and some others that require java 64bit. I have to have both.
All previous versions of modpack (like FTB Ultimate 1.4.7 and Unleashed 1.5.2) worked just fine with both installed.

Also java official website says that it is fine to have both and they'll work properly.

anyway thanks

lavarthan

Jul 29, 2019
Yep that is the only known fix. You could possibly have both versions installed I've seen users have both in their logs, but it is not recommended. What I would try is uninstall all versions of Java so that you clean out Java then restart. Now install the latest 32bit version of Java and restart. Now install the latest 64bit version and restart. If after that you are still getting this error then I'm out of ideas. Please post a new log if you are still experiencing problems, but this exact error goes away.

Edit: After seeing your second log I see you did that. Where are you trying to install the modpacks and the launcher? Check that your antivirus program is not blocking the download. You might be able to download the file yourself, https://libraries.minecraft.net/net/sf/jopt-simple/jopt-simple/4.5/jopt-simple-4.5.jar, the link is also in your log, yourself. Put it into 'FTB Launcher\libraries\net\sf\jopt-simple\jopt-simple\4.5'

Last edited:

lavarthan

Jul 29, 2019
FTB Launcher\libraries\com\paulscode\codecjorbis\20101023\codecjorbis-20101023.jar

If you get any more of these I believe I have figure out how you can tell manually. From the where the two files were downloaded and installed to I can guess that the folder structure. The first folder is going to be the part just before the web address, libraries. Then from there you go into the folder structure as it shows in the link. So https://libraries.minecraft.net/com/paulscode/codecjorbis/20101023/codecjorbis-20101023.jar I hope that made sense and works for the next errors when downloading you may get.

Mr_Anas_707

Jul 29, 2019
I figured that most of the libraries files were missing and since I have the original minecraft I copied these libraries flies from there.

then after that the launcher did some downloadings then it WORKED !

the links provided in the logs doesn't work with me. I tried different browsers, it is like these links don't exist. what do you think is the problem ?

thanks for your help, I really appreciate it.

lavarthan

Jul 29, 2019
It might be your antivirus program that was/is blocking the links for the launcher to download. When you said the files in the log did not work. Do you mean the two files listed here or were there more? The two listed here I was able to download. If there were more then it might have been mojang protecting minecraft files from being downloaded unless you were downloading them while providing your username/e-mail and password with the download. I'm just glad you got it to work.