1.6.4 Liquid Fuel Boiler fuel changes.

Sarda

Jul 29, 2019

RedBoss

Jul 29, 2019
I'm currently testing feeding the dynamos steam from Factorization's Water Boiler towers, I am getting promising results atm which is good because I always have tens of thousands of silver laying around doing nothing. :O
I'd enjoy seeing pics of that setup.

You always have too much silver. That is until you start building things in Factorization.

Sarda

Jul 29, 2019
I'd enjoy seeing pics of that setup.

You always have too much silver. That is until you start building things in Factorization.

This is the physical maximum mirrors a tower can take

OUmaUzr.png

It can keep 10 dynamos running at 100% since its equal to 10 high pressure boiler blocks. I recommend putting the solar towers on mystcraft worlds with always sunny and no weather.

un worry

Jul 29, 2019
This is the physical maximum mirrors a tower can take
It can keep 10 dynamos running at 100% since its equal to 10 high pressure boiler blocks. I recommend putting the solar towers on mystcraft worlds with always sunny and no weather.

Would you mind explaining a little more about this design? I have always used FZ for the barrels and not much else, but this looks impressive.

Sarda

Jul 29, 2019
Would you mind explaining a little more about this design? I have always used FZ for the barrels and not much else, but this looks impressive.

The Water Boiler tower is 7 stacked high with a Tesseract on top (so pipes won't block sunlight to the mirrors). Underneath the boiler tower is Aquaeous Accumulator feeding it water because it's only water intake is rather sketchy and this garuntee's it keeps working. Where those mirrors are positioned is the maximum amount that each of those levels can support, all mirrors need los with the tower block on its height level and the sky to function.

Harvest88

Jul 29, 2019
20mb of steam per HP tank times that by 10 and that 200 steam per tick and the quantity of mirriors is equal to the steam output so 200 mirror units. How much sliver you ask? well that only 1,600 silver per setup.

Reactions: AlanEsh

AlanEsh

Jul 29, 2019
20mb of steam per HP tank times that by 10 and that 200 steam per tick and the quantity of mirriors is equal to the steam output so 200 mirror units. How much sliver you ask? well that only 1,600 silver per setup.
I just counted and came up with 240 mirrors. Yilk.

/edit -- I see a square of 13x13 for 169, minus 1 for the center = 168.
It looks like 18 additional on each side, for 72, added the 168 for a total of 240 :\

Sarda

Jul 29, 2019
I just counted and came up with 240 mirrors. Yilk.

/edit -- I see a square of 13x13 for 169, minus 1 for the center = 168.
It looks like 18 additional on each side, for 72, added the 168 for a total of 240 :\

You'd think that it would be worth 240 steam with 240 mirrors but it only seems to be worth 200, no matter how you draw the steam you can't power more then 10 dynamos at max.

I theorize that some sort of bottleneck is occuring inside the boiler towers; the steam hits max in the block's on the way up and then backs up, but I haven't had time to test it.