[1.6.4] FTB Monster v1.1.0 Server - disconnect.overflow

• Please make sure you are posting in the correct place. Server ads go here and modpack bugs go here

Ktulu666

Jul 29, 2019
I have just set up a working and lighter version of a Monster server for some friends with lower spec PCs; mods I have disabled include ATG, Highlands, Mariculture, Biomes 'O' Plenty, the associated Bibliowoods plugins for those mods which are now disabled, IC2 nuclear control, MMMPowersuits, Powersuit Addons, amongst others. I have also enabled Ars Magica 2 into the modpack. Now, when my friends try to join, a few of the times they get a disconnect.overflow error. Any ideas?

Projekt

Jul 29, 2019
I think it has something to do with your connection, they cannot connect because they are sending too much data than you can handle. Maybe allocate more RAM into the server?

Ktulu666

Jul 29, 2019
Hmm... in my start.bat file I have Xms set to 2048m and Xmx set to 8192m... I have 16GB of RAM available in total and I've ran FTB unleashed servers on far, far less than that before

Projekt

Jul 29, 2019
Hmm... in my start.bat file I have Xms set to 2048m and Xmx set to 8192m... I have 16GB of RAM available in total and I've ran FTB unleashed servers on far, far less than that before
Eh sorry, other than that, I wouldn't have a clue as to what the problem is. The only other solution I can offer is to get your friends to allocate more RAM? Sorry can't help you any further than this, best of luck! Also it may be that your connection just isn't that great.

Ktulu666

Jul 29, 2019
Okay, thank you very much for your help, I will ask them how much RAM they have allocated, and I'll probably increase my Xms parameter to force the server to use more RAM.

MoosyDoosy

Jul 29, 2019
You might want to go to the support thread under the Feed the Beast title. The people there will probably know better.

Ktulu666

Jul 29, 2019
Nvm, problem solved. Yellow saplings are PR: Explorations and don't cause the lag. disabling dye trees has resolved the issue.