[1.6.4] FTB Monster v1.1.0 RotaryCraft BUG

• Please make sure you are posting in the correct place. Server ads go here and modpack bugs go here

Ktulu666

Jul 29, 2019
I believe this to be a bug, although it could be me being an idiot due to the frankly abysmal amount of documentation this mod has. I have a lava smeltery receiving 2.048kW of power (the minimum amount as specified by the handbook, higher powers have also been tested), redirecting through a bevel gear into the bottom of the smeltery. It is sitting at 640C with a constant inflow of lava so its tanks are also capped at 16000mB. Despite this, the smeltery refuses to smelt anything. Ores, flakes, cobblestone... nothing is smelting when placed in the upper two rows. Can anyone reproduce this? FYI the only change I have made to the modpack is adding Ars Magica 2 and removing a few mods like dye trees

Wagon153

Jul 29, 2019
How are you providing the power(what kind of engine(s))? Also, are you sure it's getting power? Look in the smeltery and make sure the power bars are all at full.

Ktulu666

Jul 29, 2019
I have tried:
  • 2x DC engines (2.048kW total)
  • 1x Steam engine (16.384kW total)
  • 1x Creative industrial coil at:
    2048rad/s, 1nM
    1rad/s, 2048nM
    32rad/s, 64nM
    64rad/s, 32nM
    65536rad/s, 65536nM <- I was pretty pissed at this point so I just thought 'sod it, have this' and it still didn't work
[DOUBLEPOST=1397481988][/DOUBLEPOST]And yes, it is getting power because the angular transducer says the smeltery block is receiving x kW from block y, and the smeltery's power indicator is maxed out.

Wagon153

Jul 29, 2019
And have you checked the power bars to see if it is getting power? The bevel gear may be reversed.

Pyure

Not Totally Useless
Aug 14, 2013
Waterloo, Ontario
at this point you need to consider updating your rotary to the latest version (20e I believe). Reika's been releasing updates like a madman lately.

Reactions: Wagon153

Pyure

Not Totally Useless
Aug 14, 2013
Waterloo, Ontario
I'm assuming this can be done safely within the FTB modpack?
Very fair question; I asked the same a few months ago.

"Safe" is relative, but I currently run a Horizons world with fully updated Reika-mods and everything magical removed. The existing configs will generally handle the transition.

I'm not sure what version of RoC Monster uses, but transitioning from a very old version may have a few side-effects:
* If you're charging a standard industrial coil and it has more than 640MJ, you'll craterize.
* Stone shafts may transform magically into wooden ones, which break...into stone ones.

Some folks have gotten a crash bug when updating their Reika mods, centred around a Freezing-Potion (ID 35) in the crash log. If it happens, switch it to ID 40 and you'll be fine.

There's a good chance you'll just update the mods and everything will be totally kosher straight off the bat. That said: absolutely backup your world first just in case.

Reminder: You need to update DragonAPI too when you update any of Reika's mods.

Ktulu666

Jul 29, 2019
THank you very much, I will begin updating now. I run a small server for friends which is where our data is housed and so I will not update the server until I'm happy the client is stable