1.6.2 Railcraft Liquid Biolers not taking fuels.

• Please make sure you are posting in the correct place. Server ads go here and modpack bugs go here
  • FTB will be shutting down this forum by the end of July. To participate in our community discussions, please join our Discord! https://ftb.team/discord

John Freeman

Jul 29, 2019
I have a custom modpack built up and I'm guessing something got screwed up along the way. It seems the liquid boiler will not accept anything as a fuel aside from MFR biofuel.

Does anyone know how I can figure out and fix this problem?

TheAbstractHippo

Jul 29, 2019
Holdaholdaholdon.
1. Are you putting cans/capsules in as fuel, or piping it in?
2. What are you trying to fuel the boiler with?

John Freeman

Jul 29, 2019
Holdaholdaholdon.
1. Are you putting cans/capsules in as fuel, or piping it in?
2. What are you trying to fuel the boiler with?
Both, tried with biomass, lava, ethanol, oil. None would go in.
Can't think of a more efficient way to do this, so here's a screencap of my mod list
MD3rPq9.png
[DOUBLEPOST=1381783322][/DOUBLEPOST]
What, you've got less than 6 months to live?
Who knows, but what I do know is I don't have the time to wait for slowpoke to actually move FTB forward.

Reactions: Vaupell

draeath

Jul 29, 2019
Who knows, but what I do know is I don't have the time to wait for slowpoke to actually move FTB forward.

Fair enough, but that smells like an entitlement issue to me :p

Hope you get it working. 1.6.x is crazy-land right now as far as mods go, lots of flux. As said you might have to fight with versions to get something usable. What the "slowpokes" do to make FTB work takes time and effort. You basically have two options: stay behind a bit and have things workable, or push for the cutting edge and... get cut now and then.

John Freeman

Jul 29, 2019
Fair enough, but that smells like an entitlement issue to me :p

Hope you get it working. 1.6.x is crazy-land right now as far as mods go, lots of flux. As said you might have to fight with versions to get something usable. What the "slowpokes" do to make FTB work takes time and effort. You basically have two options: stay behind a bit and have things workable, or push for the cutting edge and... get cut now and then.

Actually I meant the guys actual username is slowpoke. The fact that they fit is just convenient. But yea I'm expecting bugs with this pack, just trying to find how I fix this issue and where in configs it can be changed. Block and item id's are another beast all together. Tried using an ID fixer mod but that just ends up crashing the game after second boot. Seems to generate a fix file dynamically. Also nei changed the way it dumps id's, so I'm not sure where the block map ends and the items begin. Once changed something in the 600s and got errors in the 800s instead.

**I do not appreciate apps adding a signature.

TsunamiMike

Jul 29, 2019
I think this works (at work so can't confirm):

1. Build a pipette.
2. Disconnect fuel pipe to boiler.
3. Click or Right Click on fuel tank in boiler.
4. Reconnect fuel pipe as appropriate.

I had this issue back in 1.4.2 when a partial bucket of creosote was stuck in the boiler.

Another alternative would be to disconnect the fuel, disassemble the boiler, reassemble, and start over. If you have steam you can extract to a tank first.

John Freeman

Jul 29, 2019
I think this works (at work so can't confirm):

1. Build a pipette.
2. Disconnect fuel pipe to boiler.
3. Click or Right Click on fuel tank in boiler.
4. Reconnect fuel pipe as appropriate.

I had this issue back in 1.4.2 when a partial bucket of creosote was stuck in the boiler.

Another alternative would be to disconnect the fuel, disassemble the boiler, reassemble, and start over. If you have steam you can extract to a tank first.
I've tried this with a newly placed boiler. It treats it as invalid fuel.

Shakie666

Jul 29, 2019
Are you piping the fuel into the actual firebox? You can't pump it into the boiler itself. Also a screenshot would help.

John Freeman

Jul 29, 2019
Lava is supposed to be an invalid liquid fuel.
Right but that was a desperate attempt after ethanol wasn't going in. Biomass and oil wasn't either. This was creative testing too, and I've mad boilers for a good long time. The question is how to find the conflict, not how to make a boiler.

RedBoss

Jul 29, 2019
I'm glad you figured it out. Especially since it seems that CJ is dropping support for MFR in 1.6 and there's a tiny crap storm forming on twitter about it.

Reactions: Eyamaz