[1.6.2] Mob Tools

Pauljoda

Jul 29, 2019
Mob Tools
DbAVP5a.jpg

Mob Tools is a mod based around the idea of creating uses for mob drops. It adds many tools and armor and a few special items such as the omnitool and 4 magical wands.

qocy4GK.png

Each of these tool sets has a special property.
  • Creeper-Extremely fast but very low durability
  • Ender- About as good as iron but much more durable, boots remove fall damage
  • Spider- highly enchantable, three in a vertical row crafts six books
  • Blaze-between iron and diamond, sword has fire aspect and helmet lets you walk in fire and lava
jyeUVr4.png

On the left is the OmniTool. It is every tool in one and is crafted as such

nODssXq.png

The middle items are the wands, each have a unique ability
  • Creeper Wand- Places a tnt block that when clicked again, is lit
  • Ender Wand - launches an ender pearl
  • Spider Wand - Right click toggles wall climbing
  • Blaze Wand - Shoots blaze fireballs
Last Two Items
  • Bone Hoe - Infinite use
  • Squid Plate - Allows you to breath underwater and gives you night vision when in water
38MzCp2.png

This is the infusing furnace. It is crafted by placing obsidian around an infusing core, shown below. Use it to create the special ingots needed for this mod.

lc3lcTe.png

bZyjBp0.png

Glowstone as fuel, iron in top left slot, gunpowder, ender pearls, spider eyes, or blaze rods in the other slot depending on which ingot you want

This creates the ingots you need
  • Gunpowder - Creepium
  • Ender Pearl - Endium
  • Spider Eye - Spidium
  • Blaze Rod - Blazium
Ingots pictured below

ZqlolYq.png

Iron Stomach Amulet
  • So long as you have the negative hunger effect, you will have increased running speed and can step up one block. Best way to achieve this, eat zombie flesh. As long as this item is anywhere in your inventory it will work.
IGW1lCl.png

w5ww4Vk.png

uKn4U6p.png

nb5df52.png

I5J48wu.png

To enable the spider wand, right click with it, this toggles it on and off, with it on as long as it is in your hot bar it will work. You can shift while climbing to stop.

2JTPZIW.png

Textures partially completely by Sam L, i did all the non-fancy ones. The mod is still being worked on so any ideas or feedback is highly welcomed.

This is the first real mod i have seriously worked on. It is open source and you can see how i managed to do some of the things at https://github.com/pauljoda/Mob-Tools.

Disclaimer
Do not use this open source as a way to copy my code. Any code on the site is free to include in your mod so long as you notify me and credit me somehow. I am all for the sharing of ideas but do not call my work your own.

With that being said i am happy to let you see my code as i wish many mods would have been open source while i was learning. So those few of you out there who want to see the code, there you go .

PS: sorry about the grammar, mainly lower case i's, but i dread posting and i just want to get it over with.

Notice
Want to help make this post better? Me too. If you are graphically inclined and could make a much more appealing forum post please let me know. I need help in that field.

I hope you enjoy the mod and feedback is very much appreciated
smile.png

Download http://adf.ly/VVuFS

Spotlights

Spotlight by MechDino
[media]

TurtleCrafter
[media]

MrExportB
[media][http://www.youtube.com/watch?annota...=iv&src_vid=d7I6jUw4BaY&v=qRc82UJA0b8[/media]

JRXPlays (espanol)
[media]
[/media]

egor66

Jul 29, 2019
I normally dont say negative things about new mods as most times ppl are finding there feet in modding, but this needs a complete rebalanced, its even more OP than Dartcraft in parts, sry thats about all I can say on this one, plz take this critic as its meant & not as any forum of insult.

Pauljoda

Jul 29, 2019
I normally dont say negative things about new mods as most times ppl are finding there feet in modding, but this needs a complete rebalanced, its even more OP than Dartcraft in parts, sry thats about all I can say on this one, plz take this critic as its meant & not as any forum of insult.

What in particular do you find needs balancing

SatanicSanta

Jul 29, 2019
What in particular do you find needs balancing

The extremely OP part is that 4 Ender Pearls and 4 Iron Ingots give you 0 fall damage, 5 Blaze Rods and 5 Iron give you 0 fire damage, and the bone hoe is in general extremely OP.

egor66

Jul 29, 2019
Well first off an infinite hoe from killing some skellys is a little much, a tnt wand could be fun in sp, but would be a banned item on most servers, & when an item or armor gives more & or comes pre-enchanted the recipe should reflect this in its crafting requirements, I do like the idea of the amulet.

& I get the idea to make useless crap useful but to make it near as good as nano/langfall/or better (or so it seems) at a fraction of the cost, seems OP to me.

Pauljoda

Jul 29, 2019
Well first off an infinite hoe from killing some skellys is a little much, a tnt wand could be fun in sp, but would be a banned item on most servers, & when an item or armor gives more & or comes pre-enchanted the recipe should reflect this in its crafting requirements, I do like the idea of the amulet.

& I get the idea to make useless crap useful but to make it near as good as nano/langfall/or better (or so it seems) at a fraction of the cost, seems OP to me.
With all the mods offered today sacrificing an entire armor slot for regular effective armor just for that makes it fair I believe. I could make them harder to get but these are made to be used early game and replaced by bigger better mods. And if you don't have those, it's fair considering you have to get to the Nether to actually get the items. I see what you are saying however I believe it is balanced in such a way that if you actually play with it installed, it will be fair and rewarding

SatanicSanta

Jul 29, 2019
With all the mods offered today sacrificing an entire armor slot for regular effective armor just for that makes it fair I believe. I could make them harder to get but these are made to be used early game and replaced by bigger better mods. And if you don't have those, it's fair considering you have to get to the Nether to actually get the items. I see what you are saying however I believe it is balanced in such a way that if you actually play with it installed, it will be fair and rewarding

The thing is it isn't fair. Most of these things are very cheap, and very powerful.

Pauljoda

Jul 29, 2019
The thing is it isn't fair. Most of these things are very cheap, and very powerful.
I tend to play a more casual game so I made it a more casual mod. I appreciate the feedback though. I do encourage you to actually try it for yourself and see if it's like you think. I did put a lot of work into balancing and in my opinion it plays well.

SatanicSanta

Jul 29, 2019
I tend to play a more casual game so I made it a more casual mod. I appreciate the feedback though. I do encourage you to actually try it for yourself and see if it's like you think. I did put a lot of work into balancing and in my opinion it plays well.

Maybe you should add a config? That's what I plan on doing with my mods, an OP-ness control option, that either reduces drop rate or increases crafting difficulty (I recommend the first one). That's just my two cents.

Azzanine

Jul 29, 2019
I remember seeing this mod on MC forums and thinking "this looks dumb...".

Take note I only speak of the core concept of tools made of mobs... I cannot speak of the quality of the mod or your skills.

I'm not sure the FTB audience will take to it with much enthusiasm. Looks better as a super Steve fuck around enhancement to Vanilla.

Pauljoda

Jul 29, 2019
I remember seeing this mod on MC forums and thinking "this looks dumb...".

Take note I only speak of the core concept of tools made of mobs... I cannot speak of the quality of the mod or your skills.

I'm not sure the FTB audience will take to it with much enthusiasm. Looks better as a super Steve fuck around enhancement to Vanilla.

The community usually gives good feedback on my mods so I like to see what you guys think. I'm sorry you don't like my mod but I expect more decorum on this forum.

Shadowzfire

Jul 29, 2019
It's not that we don't like it, it's a nice idea certainly, but it needs a config for tweaking. Say for harder mode aspects of your mod, you could add that the ender armors remove fall damage effect comes from wearing the full set. Same with the blaze set of armor.

Don't take my words badly, I do like the idea of it. But I'm like the other poster's in a way that I do like the mods on my server to have a certain degree of difficulty and your mod currently doesn't match that yet. If you do add a config for tweaking though, it'd be much appreciated and I'd consider adding it to my server.

Pauljoda

Jul 29, 2019
It's not that we don't like it, it's a nice idea certainly, but it needs a config for tweaking. Say for harder mode aspects of your mod, you could add that the ender armors remove fall damage effect comes from wearing the full set. Same with the blaze set of armor.

Don't take my words badly, I do like the idea of it. But I'm like the other poster's in a way that I do like the mods on my server to have a certain degree of difficulty and your mod currently doesn't match that yet. If you do add a config for tweaking though, it'd be much appreciated and I'd consider adding it to my server.

I can look into that. Any specific config options that you want?

Shadowzfire

Jul 29, 2019
Add perhaps a need for nether quartz along with the glowstone as fuel in the infuser. So perhaps, 4-8 glowstone dust and 1 nether quartz as fuel for hard mode. That'll force players to explore the nether for a little while to obtain enough to get your armor set. More than likely this will be their early game armor because as you said, it does get replaced by better things in ftb modpacks. Mind you, I'd go that far just for fall damage negation armor.
Also, is it possible to repair the armor with pieces that constructed it? For example, the blaze armor, using a anvil, place the damaged component in there and a blaze rod (2 blaze rods in hard difficulty) to repair the same amount iron ingots do for damaged iron armor.

An idea just came to mind though. You could add a low drop rate (1/15 or 20) for an item that only zombie pigman drop, which can be smelted in the infuser into zombie pigman armor. The armor set gives strength II and fire + lava resistance. Take it as you will, tweak it as you will.

Noby07

Jul 29, 2019
I have an idea, make a block called power infusing bench, where you basically put your armor and one item do enchant it to its ability, like for ender armor the armor in the bench then infuse it with some sort of enderpearl-endstone-diamond item so that it actually gains the mighty ability and that the powered armor is actually worth some bucks. This would add more functions and much more balance to the game, However , its your mod. You can decide and be creative!

Democretes

Jul 29, 2019
If you made tiered versions of these, where they progressively increase durability and effect per tier, this would be much more balanced. Have multiple tiers of infused furnaces that are more expensive than the latter. This issues of fire/falling invulnerability would be solved if they only lasted an hour per armour. The other thing is, since you can mix and match, you can get both in one set of armor. Have the full set required for any of the abilities to work.

Hell, just make the infuser require a nether star instead of a diamond and your balance issues are solved.

Reactions: egor66

Azzanine

Jul 29, 2019
Or they could just keep doing what they are doing. My comment was purely my opinion and based on my personal taste. *I* find it dumb, because I am an intermediate player who likes their difficulty not too hard not too soft Juuust right.
I could totally see this mod being popular with those who just like to fuck around and lol at the fact they have a sword made from a creeper. I mean look at the folks that prefer EE2 over EE3 (even though it's unfinished) That mod is unbalanced as hell but a large portion of the player base liked the insane things the mod let you do.
If these balance suggestions go against your core ideals then take them with a grain of salt. ~Do you want this mod to be a "Super Steve" mod?~ in other words.

SatanicSanta

Jul 29, 2019
Or they could just keep doing what they are doing. My comment was purely my opinion and based on my personal taste. *I* find it dumb, because I am an intermediate player who likes their difficulty not too hard not too soft Juuust right.
I could totally see this mod being popular with those who just like to fuck around and lol at the fact they have a sword made from a creeper. I mean look at the folks that prefer EE2 over EE3 (even though it's unfinished) That mod is unbalanced as hell but a large portion of the player base liked the insane things the mod let you do.
If these balance suggestions go against your core ideals then take them with a grain of salt. ~Do you want this mod to be a "Super Steve" mod?~ in other words.

It's not that unbalanced unless you combine it with other mods.

Anyways, moving from EE2 to an actually relevant topic, I was simply making a suggestion.