[1.5.2] NumiRP

Numerios

Jul 29, 2019
NumiRP
This mod is a temporary worldgen replacement tool for Eloraam's briliant RP2.
NumiRP was created as a public service to those that want to upgrade at least some parts of RP2 (that can be compatible) to 1.5.x without waiting.
All ideas and/or concepts in this mod are courtesy of Eloraam.
It was written from scratch - all textures and all code are original and available under open source license "MMPL".
2013-05-26_15.51.34.png
2013-05-26_15.54.00.png
2013-06-09_15.06.29.png

Slackerony

Jul 29, 2019
So if i upgrade my 1.4.7 ultimate server, to 1.5.2 (OFc, with all the same mods) and using this, instead of RP2, in theory, when i shoulden't loose all of rp2's gems and tools, or is it everything else aswell?...In theory.

Numerios

Jul 29, 2019
So if i upgrade my 1.4.7 ultimate server, to 1.5.2 (OFc, with all the same mods) and using this, instead of RP2, in theory, when i shoulden't loose all of rp2's gems and tools, or is it everything else aswell?...In theory.
If you assign the same IDs to my mod as you used for RP2 then you will not lose your items from the RP2:World package when converting.
But please, backup your world when doing this and if it doesn't work out, write me a PM or reply to this thread.

Slackerony

Jul 29, 2019
Well when and if it happens, I sure will :), I love RP, But it's getting quite tiresome having to wait for her :) Thanks bro.

Reactions: Dravarden

Urist McStout-Horn

Jul 29, 2019
I may look into that but I don't know if the NBT data in the seedbag can be transferred like that.
Son, I play Dwarf Fortress. I don't go around getting attached to my surroundings and such. I'm not worried about bringing some world with me that I've grown fond of and hoping for compatibility. I just want some seedbags.

Aside from my greed for the seed, good job. I'm glad to see someone getting some balls to the point of doing something this bold. Congratulations and good luck.

hotblack desiato

Jul 29, 2019
so, if GT recognizes nikolite and marble, I can still have my matterfab-amplifier source and my calcite dust source. nice :)

and my old base wouldn't just vanish, because I built it into a volcano.

sidisis77

Jul 29, 2019
This looks sweet, are you going to work on redpower machines later? Or are you going to make your own machines?

Numerios

Jul 29, 2019
may I ask for an additional feature? I like those rubbertrees (quarry + rubber tree + ind. centrifuge) :)

I'm still on the fence about that but I'll add it to my TODO list :)

This looks sweet, are you going to work on redpower machines later? Or are you going to make your own machines?
I will try to remake and expand on the redpower machines eventually, yes.

does worldgen included? marble & volcanoes
Marble is generating between Y 48 and 72 in clusters of 40 and the generating is not so rare as in RP2. (1 chance per chunk)
There are no volcanoes because I don't really think that the volcanoes were that nice so in my mod Basalt is generating between Y 0 and 24 in clusters of 20.

JHoliness

Jul 29, 2019
There are no volcanoes because I don't really think that the volcanoes were that nice so in my mod Basalt is generating between Y 0 and 24 in clusters of 20.

But I think the volcanoes were rather useful as a source of lava early on pre-nether.

RedBoss

Jul 29, 2019
But I think the volcanoes were rather useful as a source of lava early on pre-nether.

The volcanoes afaik were just generated on top of vanilla lava spawns. There was no chance of extra lava from a volcanoe.

But as far as this mod just aping things from Red Power, I'll pass. Tinker's Construct has a great tool system for early in the game, and long term options. AE has a great sorting and crafting system. Both of these mods achieved the end result of some aspects of RP2 without blatantly copying it. Those goals being simple improvements to vanilla minecraft.

Reactions: Lambert2191

Numerios

Jul 29, 2019
I noticed you made a Tungsten ingot, does it have any uses? Until now on GT used it and it was quite high tier.

Also love the gems, very uniform and bright.

Currently no ingots have any use (besides storage blocks) but I will be adding machines and similar with my own flavour and the ingots will be used there.

hotblack desiato

Jul 29, 2019
stuff it into your massfabricator or matterfabricator. works like scrap. :)

oh, and some people hope that redpower2 will get a release. so it's good to have a placeholder for the world...

by the way. grinding nikolite ore gives a tiny pile of diamond dust. not too bad aswell...