1.5.0: 1.10.0 - Yeta Wrench: Shift Left Click not working

B

BuzyD

Version:

What is the bug:
version 1.10.0 server! NOT 1.5.0 (didn't have the drop box option for 1.10)

Whenever I equip the ender io yeta wrench and shift+left click on a conduit (any kind) I should see an interface where I can choose which direction to configure (east, west, north, south, up, down). For some reason nothing happens. It just starts smashing on the conduit like normal.

I've searched ender IO and ender core configs (server files and client options) and the only 2 yeta related configs don't seem to have to do with left clicking.

Mod & Version:
Ender IO 2.3.0.422_Beta

Can it be repeated:
Yes. Indefinitely.

Known Fix:
None. Starting to wonder if this is just a client side issue if nobody else is having it.

Trisscar

Jul 29, 2019
Crescent wrench could be overriding it tbf, try that first? Also could be a key bindings issue, sometimes those have weird effects.

B

BuzyD

Crescent wrench could be overriding it tbf, try that first? Also could be a key bindings issue, sometimes those have weird effects.

Sadly the crescent hammer doesn't do it either. I also looked up controls (options -> controls) and the only yeta related one is about changing what type of conduit you're viewing with the keyboard.
I seem to be having the same problem with other modpacks...

Trisscar

Jul 29, 2019
Nonono, not the binding for the yeta wrench, the bindings for EVERYTHING ELSE. In other words, turn off everything that is conflicting with the bindings for the yeta, so it's the only thing that activates.

B

BuzyD

Nonono, not the binding for the yeta wrench, the bindings for EVERYTHING ELSE. In other words, turn off everything that is conflicting with the bindings for the yeta, so it's the only thing that activates.

There doesn't seem to be options for more than one mouse button or key stroke in the options -> controls menu. :\ I hope I'm not being dumb.

Trisscar

Jul 29, 2019
Nah you're fine, that's what I meant. Hum.
Have you checked whatever github or forum Ender IO has to see if this is a recurring issue with the version being used?
Are you the operator of the server?

Henry Link

Popular Member
Dec 23, 2012
USA - East Coast
The ender IO conduits need be clicked in the right location to get the interface. It has nothing to do with shift clicking or changing the wrench mode. So if you want to see the interface click on the square that connects to the block. BTW: You don't need the wrench to get to the interface. You can also do it with a bare hand.

B

BuzyD

Nah you're fine, that's what I meant. Hum.
Have you checked whatever github or forum Ender IO has to see if this is a recurring issue with the version being used?
Are you the operator of the server?

Yes I am the operator of the server. It's running locally. So far I'm only playing solo. Still, I want it to be a server so friends can join me if they ever want to.
I looked through many posts on the Ender IO github bug reports page but couldn't find something exactly the same.
https://github.com/SleepyTrousers/EnderIO/issues

The ender IO conduits need be clicked in the right location to get the interface. It has nothing to do with shift clicking or changing the wrench mode. So if you want to see the interface click on the square that connects to the block. BTW: You don't need the wrench to get to the interface. You can also do it with a bare hand.

I'm not looking for the interface connected to a specific block, I need the interface where I can configure any side a conduit block to attach in a specified direction (north, south, east, west, down and up). Even if the conduit hasn't connected to a block you should still be able to force it through this interface. I have seen Direworlf20 use it multiple times during season 7 so far (I'm up to episode 70).

Trisscar

Jul 29, 2019
Hum, alright let's do a diagnostic then.
Can you (shift) right click conduits with the wrench to get them to connect and disconnect to things?
What happens when you shift/scroll wheel with the wrench?
Any other functions you can think of that aren't working like they're supposed to?

Also, to determine if this is a server only issue, can you do everything fine in single player?

Henry Link

Popular Member
Dec 23, 2012
USA - East Coast
Also, can youi link a specific video of Dire's? I would like to see exactly what you are talking about. I've never seen a compass based interface for Ender IO.

Trisscar

Jul 29, 2019
Tbf there is precedent, there was a thread a while ago where someone was asking a similar thing, along with others;
http://forum.feed-the-beast.com/threads/ender-io-yeta-wrench-shift-l-click-doesnt-work.93184/
https://www.reddit.com/r/feedthebeast/comments/32pu8h/ender_io_conduitsyeta_wrench_issues/

Then there's this changelog;
http://minecraft.curseforge.com/projects/ender-io/files/2213651
^That's for 2.0.5 btw

And I do remember this being something you can do with the yeta wrench, I've just never actively used it since I usually have enough tools to carry as it is and I'm used to having to move around to hit or place something from a particular side.

So the question would seem to be whether or not the conduit menu is broken somehow, or the binding is being wonky, or even 'just MC server things'.

B

BuzyD

Also, can youi link a specific video of Dire's? I would like to see exactly what you are talking about. I've never seen a compass based interface for Ender IO.
He uses it 6 times right here (starting around 6:23) and he has used it countless times so far. As you can see he uses it to force connections 3 times and to easily access configs, without having to click on the "grey square", another 3 times.

Hum, alright let's do a diagnostic then.
Can you (shift) right click conduits with the wrench to get them to connect and disconnect to things?
What happens when you shift/scroll wheel with the wrench?
Any other functions you can think of that aren't working like they're supposed to?

Also, to determine if this is a server only issue, can you do everything fine in single player?

Shift+Right-click will break a machine and a simple right-click on a conduit will break an existing connection and/or reconfigure input/output where it applies.
Shift+scroll mouse wheel, will change which conduit types are visible as you hold the yeta wrench.

If you press shift to see the full description of the yeta wrench in your inventory it gives a short description of both of the functionalities for Shift-R-Click, Shift-L-Click and Shift-Mouse Wheel or 'Y'.
The only one that isn't working for me is Shift-L-Click.

I've tried everything in 2 different modpacks (direwolf20 and ftb infinity (both on recommended versions)) on solo creative and I have the same problem.

Tbf there is precedent, there was a thread a while ago where someone was asking a similar thing, along with others;
http://forum.feed-the-beast.com/threads/ender-io-yeta-wrench-shift-l-click-doesnt-work.93184/
https://www.reddit.com/r/feedthebeast/comments/32pu8h/ender_io_conduitsyeta_wrench_issues/

Then there's this changelog;
http://minecraft.curseforge.com/projects/ender-io/files/2213651
^That's for 2.0.5 btw

And I do remember this being something you can do with the yeta wrench, I've just never actively used it since I usually have enough tools to carry as it is and I'm used to having to move around to hit or place something from a particular side.

So the question would seem to be whether or not the conduit menu is broken somehow, or the binding is being wonky, or even 'just MC server things'.

Yes I've googled all of these posts before posting here myself. I didn't find any solution there hence why I decided to reach out. Thanks for your help so far. If we come down with a solution it will definitely be helpful to those who run into the same problem.

Henry Link

Popular Member
Dec 23, 2012
USA - East Coast
I just tested it after watching his video. It only works on the insulated redstone conduit. But it is shift & left click. It doesn't work on the other conduits.

Trisscar

Jul 29, 2019
*Folds arms* Well this is an odd one. Since it's appeared in multiple modpacks, I'mma throw this thread onto the Ender IO github as well, see if the mod creators has any ideas as to what's causing it.

Henry Link

Popular Member
Dec 23, 2012
USA - East Coast
Well the mod pack I was testing in was Obscurity. And in Dire's video that was posted he only worked with the redstone conduit. He didn't work with any others in that episode. So I don't think it is a bug. Rather a missing feature that hasn't been implemented on the other conduits.

Henry Link

Popular Member
Dec 23, 2012
USA - East Coast
Ok.. I just read thread Trisscar has on github. And the mod author is correct. If you place an energy conduit that has at least two other connection points to machines then the shift left click works.