1.4.7 to 1.5.2 Transfer [Direwolf Pack]

• FTB will be shutting down this forum by the end of July. To participate in our community discussions, please join our Discord! https://ftb.team/discord
Status
Not open for further replies.

Fallsteel

Jul 29, 2019
Hey everyone, I've been attempting to move my items from my 1.4.7 world to the brand new 1.5.2 Direwolf pack. I've done a bit of research and here is what I've tried:

Idea: Transfer items via inventory.
Method: Copy level.dat from old world to new world.
Result: I did manage to transfer my inventory, but only a few basic items out of a full inventory survived, not sure if they were lost due to ID conflicts or what.

Idea: Transfer items by saving desired inventory in NEI.
Method: Transfer the NEI, level.dat, and player.dat files to the new world and then load the inventory (via NEI).
Result: The items in the inventory I saved with NEI were all my 64k drives filled with my items, none of these drives appeared when I loaded the inventory save in the 1.5.2 world.

Idea: Turn 1.4.7 world into a mystcraft age in the 1.5.2 world.
Method: Create a new age in the 1.5.2 world, then replace the files in the age with the 1.4.7 level.dat, player.dat, and a few other files.
Result: World crashed upon loading.

Given these results, I've all but given up on this transfer. My last idea was to move all my items from my AE drives (I think they aren't loading due to an ID change) to barrels in a 1.4.7 mystcraft void age, then move that age to 1.5.2, this way there are no modded blocks "placed" in the transfer age (hopefully preventing a crash).

Any thoughts would be GREATLY appreciated.

Ashzification

Jul 29, 2019
Item 17:
Transferring from one modpack to another [ex: Ultimate 1.4.7 to Unleashed 1.5.2, Mindcrack 1.4.7 to Direwolf20 1.4.7]. Reasons being: (a) Minecraft updates [1.4.x to 1.5.x] are notorious for being incompatible with each other. Add mods to the mix and you are set up for a very big problem. (b) Transferring modpacks within a Minecraft version will sometimes lead to ID conflicts. Due to this, it's considered editing a modpack, which we don't offer support for. This includes transferring servers.

It's exceptionally difficult to transfer modded worlds from one MC update to another.
You're much better off just making a new save.

Status
Not open for further replies.