Open 1.4.1: Portal Blocks placed on world gen infinity 1.8.2

• This section is closed. Please do bug reports over at the FTB GitHub repos.
  • FTB will be shutting down this forum by the end of July. To participate in our community discussions, please join our Discord! https://ftb.team/discord

jaeblaze

Jul 29, 2019
Version:

What is the bug:
(i could not select version 1.8.1)

some world gen has been replaced with tile.blockportalnothing.name

2015_07_20_03_57_17.jpg

im currently using the invictus texture pack but others on the server also get the wierdness without the pack

Biomesoplenty is enabled. Seed:-7773961822051271449 X:219 Z:1017

hope this helps

Mod & Version:

Paste.feed-the-beast.com log:

Can it be repeated:

Known Fix:

Reactions: EmelianenkoMC

Timid

Jul 29, 2019
It's a Biome ID conflict. Thaumic Horizons uses the ID 69, and has no config to disbale the generation or change the ID, so you have to change the Biomes O' Plenty conflicting ID. However, once it's generated, you're stuck with it, unless you delete the region files for that area.

Trisscar

Jul 29, 2019
Tbf you can use MCEdit or similar to regen the area as well, if you don't like deleting files. ;)

Draradech

Jul 29, 2019
It's a Biome ID conflict. Thaumic Horizons uses the ID 69, and has no config to disbale the generation or change the ID, so you have to change the Biomes O' Plenty conflicting ID. However, once it's generated, you're stuck with it, unless you delete the region files for that area.

Bug exists in 1.8.2 as well as 1.9.0, both single player and server affected.

I changed the id in BOPs config. To test effectiveness I recreated the world with the same seed and got a completely different world. Is this expected? If so, wouldn't above fix cause world generation edges in an existing world?

What is the recommended way if I want to start a server now, to avoid possible future changes in world generation?