Open 1.3.4: FTB infinity not loading world after PC crash

Kirkus

Jul 29, 2019
Version:

What is the bug:
Logs(will post more of it if needed but this appears to be the relevant area): http://pastebin.com/T7ryyphG

I didn't really do anything special besides build a 9x9x9 box of chisel2 cobblestone in the nether, head back to the overworld, and then fall asleep. When I awoke it seems my computer crashed at some point during the night. Now, upon the loading of my world I get the forgemodloader "backup level.dat" error which tells me to backup before trying to load up the world. It attempts to load the world but cannot. Any help will be greatly appreciated as I have spent a great deal of time with this save.

Thanks,
Kirkus

Mod & Version:

Paste.feed-the-beast.com log:

Can it be repeated:

Known Fix:

lenscas

Over-Achiever
Jul 31, 2013
It can't read your level.dat file. Either it became corrupted or another process locks it for example virus scan.

Not entirely sure how you can fix it but this information might allow you to google for it.

Kirkus

Jul 29, 2019
Thanks, I suppose I should have been able to figure this out as it's the very first line in the past bin I posted ;p. Anyways, I'm new to modded minecraft, so it was good for someone that's not to confirm that for me anyways. As for the fixes I found via a good ol google search... I believe one of them certainly would have worked to restore my world had I been running windows 7 as folders have a "previous version" tab. Windows 8 replaced this feature with "File History" which requires some setup and possibly a backup drive. The only other solution that I could find that applied to my situation was to create a new world and replace the level.dat and a few other files from my original world, with those of the new one. This didn't work. The game would crash after "loading terrain." Long story short, back up frequently, always, often, and again. Lesson learned in the most tragic of ways.

Something I just thought of... There seems to be a mod inside of infinity that automatically makes backups every 120 minutes. If it saved this backup to the actual world folder this may have helped me. Anyways, I can't find these backups so they must have been in the FTB directory somewhere, which has already been deleted as I was hoping at the time a fresh install would magically solve my problems. Seems I should have done more research before I started making irreversible actions.

I'd just like to add that after a bit of research(which probably couldn't have hurt to do before I originally made this post), that this happens in vanilla worlds after PC crashes and probably has nothing at all to do with the modpack.

TLDR: This was probably a waste of your time and could probably be deleted.

Last edited:

Nahaniel

Jul 29, 2019
On my machine the backups are located here D:\FeedTheBeast\FTBInfinity\minecraft\backups\New World-\2015\4\13

The last rar file is normally the latest backup of your world!

Just read you deleted your files :/ But remeber this for the next time ;) And it´s AromaBackup which do the backups, you can shorten the time in the config (as far as i know).

Kirkus

Jul 29, 2019
Will do for next time. I obviously should have posted here first and actually waited for a response. On the bright side when I start over a couple of my friends are going to join me on a server and we'll have more to do.