Open 1.3.1: Thaumcraft Aspect Orbs not despawning

ZeroNight

Jul 29, 2019
Version:

What is the bug:
Version 1.3.1, there just wasn't an option for it.

I was experiencing some pretty major lag on my server for seemingly no reason, and had a look in Opis to see what was going on. Apparently one of the players had a mob farm going with water pushing mobs into a MFR grinder. Pretty normal, but what ended up happening was Opis reported thousands and thousands of Aspect Orb entities. The player's house was lagging both the client and the server whenever it was loaded.

Mod & Version:

Paste.feed-the-beast.com log:

Can it be repeated:
To repeat the bug, you just sit and wait, letting the harvester kill more mobs. The number will go as high as I let it, if there are multiple harvesters going at once it can reach one to two thousand per day.

Known Fix:
So far, the way I've fixed the lag issue at least is to once in a while manually kill the aspect orb entities in Opis, but it's not a permanent fix by any means.

Athyrio

Jul 29, 2019
I have this same issue, about every 10 hours over 67000 aspect orbs... Kill them they come back and many are causing massive issues destroying the world...
http://postimg.org/image/fml4lfp7b/

That is one of about 30 holes that get poked 1 block at the tiem. Then there is all the blocks on the ground that never clear...

Athyrio

Jul 29, 2019
So I found a fix or work around on the uncontrolled entity increase...

Thaumcraft.cfg changed true to false, restart server... issue cleared!!!!
# Negative nodes like hungry, tainted or dark nodes will have additional, much nastier, effects.
B:hard_mode_nodes=false

Athyrio

Jul 29, 2019
Confirmed with CH folks, many folks with massive lag on 1.3.x setting the item to false, restart makes server run stable... just FYI, I just was watching those orbs and items destroying entire chunks, and then talked with CH about this setting, and sure seems to be fixing some issues on their customers running Infinity...

shmoota

Jul 29, 2019
So, I'm having this issue as well and I have edited my thaumcraft.cfg. However, I am still experiencing this issue. I just double checked after reading Athyrio's post, made sure the config file was uploaded correctly, and I'm still having no luck. Of course, I have restarted the server as well. Opis still shows a high number of Aspect Orbs and is constantly growing unless I kill it manually. Any advice?

BloodyError

Jul 29, 2019
I had this too,
you should update to 1.3.4 since they've fixed it there.
Well they didn't fixed that specific issue, but they fixed another problems that causes to lags and overloaded stuff.