1.3.0: Where'd my tree's go!!!

nerakai

Jul 29, 2019
Version:

What is the bug:
Note: The version is 1.4.1 but there was no dropdown option for it.

So I was walking around my base working on my current little project when I noticed out of the corner of my eye that the area around my witchery alter was rather... barren. All my tree's had just vanished... the strangest thing about it is that it only happened above a certain y level(same level as my altar) so there were still the lower parts of some of the tree's still remaining, it basically looked like someone had taken a gargantuan axe and swung it straight through all of my trees. now this isn't the first time it's happened and as far as I know there isn't anything in the modpack that has some strange vendetta against tree's.
Now I also can't say for sure when this happened since I haven't done anything in witchery for few days.

If anyone could help me that would be wonderful :)
http://i.imgur.com/spWEZ5T.png

Mod & Version:
Witchery(maybe?)

Paste.feed-the-beast.com log:

Can it be repeated:

Known Fix:

Trisscar

Jul 29, 2019
Huh, interesting indeed. Quick question, do you have a MFR harvester running nearby at all?

nerakai

Jul 29, 2019
I do but I've already double checked the radius on it and it only has a copper upgrade in it so it doesn't nearly have the range to my altar

Trisscar

Jul 29, 2019
Ahh, but are you using close to your altar? See, the harvester is a trolly machine. I've had it clear most of a jungle biome worth of trees when I wasn't looking, for the sole reason that the leaves of one of the trees it was supposed to be harvesting, happened to be touching the leaves of another that was technically outside the radius.
Apparently it's been coded to follow leaves to other parts of a tree, since a lot of trees will have disjointed wood bits that would leave a canopy if it didn't. But this also means you can clear an entire forest with a base, unupgraded harvester if you want to.

Aeslehc

Jul 29, 2019
Yeah, I've deliberately used the MFR harvester mechanic to clear large sections of jungle, doesn't even need an upgrade in it at all if you place it right, although the upgrades make it easier.

nerakai

Jul 29, 2019
Hmm this would make sense since the leave's on my tree's would have been about 7 blocks away from the harvesters tree farm so that would probably be near enough for them to connectt. Well I know what I'll be feeding to my hungry node next! thanks guys :)