1.3.0: Ores replaced with Nuclear Control lamps

Mrahta

Jul 29, 2019
Version:

What is the bug:
My world recently got corrupted (not sure why, although I was messing around with the Pirate Speak language option at the time and might have clicked something, not sure. At any rate, the level.dat file got deleted), so I restored it following instructions all over the internet - basically, create new world, copy level.dat over to corrupted world, keep on playing.

This worked fine, but I noticed some odd things. Lots of my tools had been replaced with nuclear control tools or things from random mods, e.g. a proj Red deviation lily was replaced with a marble wall. This was a bit annoying, but I managed to sort everything out. The blocks hadn't been deleted, just changed, and the originals were still all in NEI so I could place them back as it was.

But then I decided to go mining for a bit. I noticed, mining on y level 12 with a TiC hammer, that occasionally Nuclear Control lamps were appearing underground, where I expect ores had been removed and replaced. I found white lamps in 2 block veins quite rarely, and more frequently orange lamps in larger veins. There may well be more colours down there, but I didn't get much further, because soon I was picking up some (vanilla) gold ore, when the game crashed, and is still crashing on login.

Please could someone either: tell me how to undo these block switches that have happened, or, if this has happened before, tell me which blocks have been replaced with which, so I can undo it somehow (perhaps with command blocks or something idk).

Mod & Version:

Paste.feed-the-beast.com log: http://pastebin.com/996g63Zd - this is from the crash when I mine the gold ore. It now occurs even without mining it.

Can it be repeated:
I don't know if it can be repeated - perhaps, maybe not. I never tried.

Known Fix:
Nope.

lenscas

Over-Achiever
Jul 31, 2013
your crash seems to be related to
Code:
at codechicken.translocator.BlockCraftingGrid.getParts(BlockCraftingGrid.java:126)

I would suggest to make a backup and remove it log in and add it back in.

As for your other problem, you can blame mojang for that unless I am wrong.
inside the level.dat file is a list with all the block and item names and how they are stored within the safe file for example Minecraft:dirt ->1.

This list is not for every world the same and thus if you replace it things like this can and probably will occur. There is as far as I know no way to restore this list other then going of from memory as to what it was and what it used to be and use a tool to edit this list by hand.

Mrahta

Jul 29, 2019
So remove the Crafting Grid block from Translocator? How would I remove just one block?

Mrahta

Jul 29, 2019
Oh okay. Thanks. I'll go try that now. Would It work if I just disable it in the FTB enable/disable menu?

lenscas

Over-Achiever
Jul 31, 2013
that should do the job although I prefer to get the mod out of the mods folder.

Mrahta

Jul 29, 2019
Many thanks. That has fixed the crashes, but the lamps are still present. I guess I'll have to work out what their id is, then manually change that to the ores they've replaced, once I've worked out that.

lenscas

Over-Achiever
Jul 31, 2013
Many thanks. That has fixed the crashes, but the lamps are still present. I guess I'll have to work out what their id is, then manually change that to the ores they've replaced, once I've worked out that.
Good to hear that the crash is fixed. I wish you luck with the ids, before you do anything I would search if there is a tool that does it and play around with it in a test world.

lenscas

Over-Achiever
Jul 31, 2013
oh and don't forget to make a backup before you do it to your normal world. There are also some mods that will automatically make backups for you every so often, maybe its worth to install one of them.

BrickVoid

Dec 2, 2012
oh and don't forget to make a backup before you do it to your normal world. There are also some mods that will automatically make backups for you every so often, maybe its worth to install one of them.

Do you know if regenerating the world would work to fix the ore generation issues? Most modded minecraft installations have a means of regenerating terrain, including if memory serves me correctly, the ores generated in it. I don't know if that would mess around with existing structures or player-placed blocks, though.

Just my 2c worth. :)

Cheers ...

BrickVoid

lenscas

Over-Achiever
Jul 31, 2013
Do you know if regenerating the world would work to fix the ore generation issues? Most modded minecraft installations have a means of regenerating terrain, including if memory serves me correctly, the ores generated in it. I don't know if that would mess around with existing structures or player-placed blocks, though.

Just my 2c worth. :)

Cheers ...

BrickVoid
It shouldn't mess with player placed block but the changed blocks will probably stay into existence.
Something that you also could do is to make a backup and remove all the chunks you don't care about using mcedit. This will make them regenerate using the new list.