[1.2.5] Insanity: Cactus

Beebo

Jul 29, 2019
Right now, I'm mid way through FTB Insanity and I've come across a snag.
I'm at the Gated Logic challenge where it's asking for a stack of 4 different types of logic pipes, a stack of 4 different Gates, and a stack of Quick Sort Module. The problem arises is for 2 of the Gates where I need 2 stacks of green wire and I don't have cactus to make them.
At first I though you get them through IC2's crops, like for the reeds, but I think I'm wrong about that.

Any help would be greatly appreciated.

Beebo

Jul 29, 2019
but I don't have glowstone/dust to make the Recycler or the Mass Fabricator

Randomsteve

Jul 29, 2019
There is a IC2 recipe for glowstone, Its gold dust and Redstone in a X shape. I cant remember if its 4 gold dust and 5 redstone, or 5 gold dust and 4 redstone. Either way one of the works

Beebo

Jul 29, 2019
There is a IC2 recipe for glowstone, Its gold dust and Redstone in a X shape. I cant remember if its 4 gold dust and 5 redstone, or 5 gold dust and 4 redstone. Either way one of the works
OH THANK YOU, (it's 5 redstone and 4 gold dust btw) I have been stuck at this for a week now, thank you:D. I think I can finish this now.

Beebo

Jul 29, 2019
off topic really, is there a better way to get Propolis (forestry) then to put honey drops through a Squeezer. it's for the Apiarist's pipes

Bahnmor

Jul 29, 2019
off topic really, is there a better way to get Propolis (forestry) then to put honey drops through a Squeezer. it's for the Apiarist's pipes

Another path to propolis is to breed bees of the Industrious branch. IIRC they produce 'stringy' combs that give Wax and propolis when centrifuged.

Beebo

Jul 29, 2019
Another path to propolis is to breed bees of the Industrious branch. IIRC they produce 'stringy' combs that give Wax and propolis when centrifuged.
IIRC? I figured that there was a bread of bees that could give me it, but hell is it hard to keep track of all them. If someone could give me a site that could explain all this well enough, I'd be even more happy. I know eventually I'm gonna have to breed a whole bunch of them to get certain bees for the beast. I'd hate to bust out pen and paper to find the ones I need.

Also for some reason, my NEI isn't showing all the recipes that could be made. Such as the 5 redstone and 4 gold gets glowstone, none of the carpenter recipes, and such.

slay_mithos

Jul 29, 2019
Actually, for the forestry recipes, I think it is because the 1.2.5 pack didn't have the addon for it, as none of the special machine show any recipe ( no squeezer recipes, no centrifuge recipes, etc).

Zjarek_S

Jul 29, 2019
The fastest way to get propolis would be to use tropical bees, specially that you will need apiarist armor for sinister bees and austere if you decide to replicate them. Silky combs are centrifuged to silky propolis and centrifuged one more to normal propolis and silk wisp. Gated logic isn't very useful challenge and should be done later, because they require a lot of BC energy. I used about 40 biogas engines running on biomass to get it going with reasonable speed, using a lot of lasers.

Magma Cubian

Jul 29, 2019
I think they're is a way to get glowstone using an Industrial Centrifuge, but they're only in newer versions of IndustrialCraft2, not Retro :).

Beebo

Jul 29, 2019
Alright a new problem a raised. I'm going for the Blood and Water one and I'm trying to make the Refractory capsules using the Sinister bees (and up). The thing is that I don't know what they consider as flowers, it just says 'Nether'. I read somewhere that they need Nether wart growing near them, but nether wart only grows on Soulsand and I don't have soulsand.

The point: What do Sinister bees consider as flowers?; If it's Nether wart, how do I get Soulsand?

Beebo

Jul 29, 2019
You might get it from crops, with luck.

There's high rank crops from flowers (you need 4 at a time) to get you started.
Are you talking about getting soulsand from crops? If so I'll try that. But using crops to hold the nether wart doesn't work as flowers from what I've tried.

TLOU15

Jul 29, 2019
*headdesk* AH I forgot about that recipe! Thank you so MUCH! I have been stuck on glowstone for ages. As for the bee stuff if you get jungle bees going for the silky combs you get heaps of propolis fast also you can cross breed the modest drones into jungles till you get modest princesses that need jungle for flowers not cacti use that to breed the sinister then take the sinister drones and cross it back into the modest princesses so they will want flowers or jungle not nether. Also wax can be made into pipe waterproofing :)