[1.12] Unstable - Unintended Ore generation

• Tech Support section is for getting help with FTB related problems. If there's a repeatable issue that can be labeled as a bug, then please use the issue tracker for the pack or the app at GitHub issue trackers - If there's no repository for a pack that means that the pack is old and/or will not be updated. Bugs for older packs will not be fixed, unless they are critical.

llloyd

Jul 29, 2019
Title [1.12] Unstable - Unintended Ore generation

Launcher Type FTB Launcher

Modpack [1.12] Unstable

Modpack version 1.0.5

Have you modified the pack? Yes

Link to log file

Details of the issue You want to know how I changed this? Ho boy, this'll take a paragraph. >.< Been keeping the mods up to date, added Mekanism and Ender Storage. The last, Ender Storage, forced a whole series of updates, CodeChickenLib, COFH Core, Forge, all the COFH mods, and a whole bunch of other things tied to CodeChickenLib and COFH Core. That's pretty much it for changes.

As for the problem, this might be convoluted.So, as I said, I added the best tech mod ever, Mekanism, to the pack. Wish more mod packs came with it by default. Anyway, though, by this point I've build up my single player world enough to build a RFTools Builder and go to the Deep Dark to set it up as a max size quarry. This overwhelmed my Enderium upgraded Pulverizer / Redstone Furnace. But Mekanism has the best solution, Elite Factories, 7 parallel processes in one block. So I replaced those two with an Elite Enriching Factory and Elite Smeltery for simple ore doubling. This is where I came into some problems. So I went over to the Mekanism github to request, politely, for support for AA Black Quartz, NoMansLib Mithril, TE Iridium, and TE Aluminum. Well, come to find out TE has no vanilla smelting recipes for their Iridium and Aluminum. I post over on the TE Github about the missing smelting recipes and get told it's working as intended.

https://github.com/CoFH/Feedback/issues/474#issuecomment-322171799

They say, and I quote:

covers1624 <[email protected]>
9:41 AM (42 minutes ago)

to CoFH/Feedback, me, Author
Those ores were added for pack devs that wanted to unify ores, fairly certain we have no intensions of adding any recipes for them as they are meant to be added via craft tweaker.

So... Either these ores need disabling and some other mod's aluminum and iridium needs to be enabled *or* some Craft Tweaker recipes need adding to add the smelting recipes back in as they said. Iridium not so much, but Aluminum, yeah, that gets used, especially early game TC Smeltery castings if you don't want to burn up precious rare gold for perm castings.

Last edited by a moderator: