[1.12] Unstable Mod Pack - Mod Spawning Options?

llloyd

Jul 29, 2019
Been poking at mod spotlights seeing what options I have available to spawn mobs for grinding in this pack. Kinda the problem when you get into a rut using certain mods since day one, usually I'd do this with MFR (which just updated to 1.10.2, not 1.12) or EnderIO (which is 1.10.2 with the news saying they're working on 1.11) to do this. >.< So, with the default mobs in this pack (or, heck, suggest a mod to add. :D) how best would it be to spawn mobs ? I only see one, that is Soul Shards TOW, but, if the mod spotlight is to be believed I have to kill 1000 of the mob I want to grind to get a full soul shard. o_O Given it is, at the moment, endermen for ender pearls, if I killed 1000 endermen it would solve my ender pearl problem for a while with out needing to spawn and grind them. o_O And all the hours I've put in I've only seen two endermen so far. So Soul Shards is impractical in this case. Any other options?

llloyd

Jul 29, 2019
I was just noticing that there is a Lost Cities dimension, -4, just no idea how to get there. I *thought* I disabled the Lost Cities mod as I didn't want the overworld created like that. o_O

Greystoke

Jan 7, 2016
I was just noticing that there is a Lost Cities dimension, -4, just no idea how to get there. I *thought* I disabled the Lost Cities mod as I didn't want the overworld created like that. o_O

From McJty's notes on The Lost Cities;

"Note that there is also a dimension (default ID 111) that you can travel too. This dimension can be disabled (useful if you want this for vanilla clients). But using this dimension you can keep the overworld normal and have The Lost Cities in a dimension. To go there (and back) the current way is to place a bed on top of two diamond blocks and surround it with 6 skulls. Then try to sleep in it."

https://minecraft.curseforge.com/projects/the-lost-cities

llloyd

Jul 29, 2019
Cool! And be sure to have a way to get home, lots of food, and one hell of a set of armor. :D